Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did you know that photography is prohibited in the IFSC?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

It is Private Property but, unlike your garden, there is Public Access. This makes it quite different. If the place was so sensitive they should restrict the public from entering and then fair enough, but they don't. To all intents and purposes it would seem like a normal street with some interesting architecture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

CabanSail wrote: »
    It is Private Property but, unlike your garden, there is Public Access. This makes it quite different. If the place was so sensitive they should restrict the public from entering and then fair enough, but they don't. To all intents and purposes it would seem like a normal street with some interesting architecture.

No, it is exactly the same as your garden. You can allow the public access to your garden if you so wish and on your terms. As someone who works there I can tell you it's a very sensitive place that for obvious reasons the don't publicise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Covey wrote: »
    No, it is exactly the same as your garden. You can allow the public access to your garden if you so wish and on your terms. As someone who works there I can tell you it's a very sensitive place that for obvious reasons the don't publicise.

My Garden has gates up to stop people from wandering in & those that do are fully aware that they are on Private Property. The IFSC has roads which look exactly like Public Roads & nothing to indicate that the area is any different. So that is why it is not like a Private Garden.

If the area is so sensitive then they should have it gated off & only allow authorised people to enter. One poorly paid guy on a Segway hassling Amateur Photographers is hardly the sort of security that is going to give a worry to anyone who is a real threat. Though if they were to drive up in a car with "Al-Qaeda Hit Squad" on the side, get out wearing Arabic Clothes & carrying bags marked "Bombs" then the Segway Man may have half a chance to spot the problem, but failing that DSLR's look like a good target.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

I don't see what the fuss is either - it's private property so the owners/managers of that property can do what they want with it.

As far as I know, most of the Docklands is owned by the DDDA, a State agency.
    Covey wrote: »
    As someone who works there I can tell you it's a very sensitive place that for obvious reasons the don't publicise.

If it's such a sensitive place why is photography allowed in the IFSC at Docklands events, but not after or before these events?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

is the segway guy allowed to ask you to leave the ifsc .. even if you work there ?

I'm not saying he did .. but does he have that power ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

A friend of mine was taking pictures of birds in Kildare Village, she was approached by security to tell her to stop. It is private property and they don't want people stealing the architecture they say.

Advertisement