Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

VW Passat Price

• 27-05-2009 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Im looking for an idea of price on a trade in for my car. I drive a 07 VW Passat Comfortline with 57k km on the clock.
    Im looking to trade in against a 08 Mondeo but what should I be looking at getting for my own car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭kindalen

what miles and spec is the mondeo? your passat, is it a 1.9tdi?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Folks,

Im looking for an idea of price on a trade in for my car. I drive a 07 VW Passat Comfortline with 57k km on the clock.
    Im looking to trade in against a 08 Mondeo but what should I be looking at getting for my own car?
    It depends to a large extent on what they're asking for the Mondeo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭whitelightrider

kindalen wrote: »
    what miles and spec is the mondeo? your passat, is it a 1.9tdi?

Sorry Kindalen. Yeah mine is a 1.9TDi with alloys, cruise control, climate control, etc. More or less same as below.

The Mondeo is a Zetec with the following for 19500 - Alloys, CD Player, Drivers Air Bag, Multiple Airbags, Passenger Air Bag, Rear Head Rests, Remote Central Locking, Climate Control, Immobiliser, Remote locking, Cruise control, ABS, Multi function steering wheel, Traction control.

Hold onto the Passat! Gorgeous car and holds it value in comparison to the mondeo. But now days, you might get between 14,500 - 15,500 for it off a dealer. All the recessions fault!

shaaane wrote: »
    Hold onto the Passat! Gorgeous car and holds it value in comparison to the mondeo. But now days, you might get between 14,500 - 15,500 for it off a dealer. All the recessions fault!

Balls, was hoping to get a bit more and change. Car tax on the Passat is 530 whereas the Mondeo is only about 156.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Balls, was hoping to get a bit more and change. Car tax on the Passat is 530 whereas the Mondeo is only about 156.

Forget about the trade-in value of the Passat, the important figure is the cost to trade up price. No point in a garage giving you a high trade-in value if the Mondeo they are selling is overpriced to begin with. And nothing is holding is value in the current climate including Passats which are a dime a dozen on forecourts and they are also very popular being imported from the UK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,881 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

bazz26 wrote: »
    Forget about the trade-in value of the Passat, the important figure is the cost to trade up price. No point in a garage giving you a high trade-in value if the Mondeo they are selling is overpriced to begin with. And nothing is holding is value in the current climate including Passats which are a dime a dozen on forecourts and they are also very popular being imported from the UK.

+1

I'd expect going from a 1.9TDI '07 Passat to any diesel new model low tax '08 Mondeo would cost at least €6k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

unkel wrote: »
    I'd expect going from a 1.9TDI '07 Passat to any diesel new model low tax '08 Mondeo would cost at least €6k
    Or 15 years of road tax savings.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Yeah it doesn't make a whole lot of sense spending thousands of euros to trade up in order to save a fraction of that on motor tax.

Thanks a million folks. Ill be sticking with my Passat for the near future!!
    Cheers for the advice.

• Advertisement
Advertisement