Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What a shock.

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

Sweet Suffering Jesus!!!

Today I got the short, back & sides done in a barbers in town who shall remain nameless (my regular) and got the shock of my life when the young lady asked me for 16 euro. I was sooo gobsmacked that i said are you sure and she demanded the money and said she only works there. Well I have been going to the same spot all my life, but I certainly wont be ever going back. Wouldnt mind either I have fcuk all on top to be cutting. :(

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Why not say this to management? Clearly if shes "just working there" she may have made a mistake?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Going prices for men's haircuts range from €10-12 for myself.
    As said above, it's worth saying to the management just in case the hairdresser in question is taking "personal profit".
    €16 does seem very steep for a haircut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

That sounds like good value to me, but then I'm a woman.

I take it you didn't leave her a tip!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I#'ve only ever paid between 10-12e in either Waterford or Kilkenny City,

16e is a rip-off unless you got something more then a haircut down (wash and cut?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Yeah man, for €16 quid I would be expecting to get an erotic massage as well.

You got fleeced. Don't go there again, there's barbers on every street corner these days and with a simple haircut such as the one you get, you can't really go wrong even if you get it done on the cheap.

Also, name and shame?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

it's worse down in Cork, your talking near €20 in some of the barbers. Needless to say I now get the haircut when back in Kilkenny, the place opposite the cinema seems reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭bennyob

if you don't have a whole lot on top then buy an electric head clippers. you'll make a huge saving in the long run.

i havn't paid for a haircut in about 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

€16 is a rip off!Go back and speak to the manager and make sure yer one wasn't taking extra off ya!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

the last time i got my haircut in toni and guys it was 28 euro for a male hair cut and blow dry and that was cheap for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

To be honest this was not peter marks or toni and guy..... just a regular barber shop. I take all what you guys and gals so i may pay another visit to COMPLAIN. To be honest the same joint never charge me the same amount.....its always somewhere from 12 to 14 euro...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭itsonlyme

Podge2k7 wrote: »
    €16 is a rip off!Go back and speak to the manager and make sure yer one wasn't taking extra off ya!

It did cross my mind that she may be keeping 2 or 4 euro for herself

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Most places usually have a printed price list on display.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ECOLOGICAL

hair clippers argos 10 euro
    nuff said

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

ECOLOGICAL wrote: »
    nuff said
    Indeed.

I have only ever paid €10 for a haircut. €16 is very steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Most places usually have a printed price list on display.
    True, a nose in the door or even a look in the window might be enough to see if you were fleeced. You don't have to be confrontational, you catch more flies with honey etc etc
    nuff said

Nuff said indeed. For me it's worth paying someone with a bit of talent 15 quid every three months to get a decent haircut thus avoiding becoming a member of the DIY brigade, going round looking like a glanza driving scobes.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Loveless

itsonlyme wrote: »
    Today I got the short, back & sides done in a barbers in town who shall remain nameless (my regular) and got the shock of my life....:(

anywhere near the bridge on John St. by any chance?

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

I got mine done on John Street (near the bridge) in Marble City Barbers last week for the princely sum of €10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭Dr.Sanchez

Wheres good ole Shamey Bulger when ya need him! ;)

Name probably spelled horribly wrong, i know!

Advertisement