Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Condell is back and angrier than ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Eww. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Holy hell, he is pissed off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,045 ✭✭✭Húrin

The first half was pretty funny, but the second half was the usual "embrace atheism and ye shall be saved" (from violence, psychological dead weight, etc) stuff.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Húrin wrote: »
    The first half was pretty funny, but the second half was the usual "embrace atheism and ye shall be saved" (from violence, psychological dead weight, etc) stuff.
    I didn't hear any business about being "saved", rather a call for humanity to simply grow up and move on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

He certainly has a way with words. "This useless lump of fossilized thought!"

I quite liked his observation that no matter who you are or what you believe, there is someone, somewhere who hates you because of religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I'm a bit shocked that he missed the opportunity at 1:20 to say: "He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy!" :Dimg_3.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

And who says you can't polish a turd. He wraps each passing oral bowel movement with a sweet wrapping of snappy phrases and nice language. Every so often though, the steam appears, followed by the stench. A turd dressed as a rose will be revealed when one moves in to have a smell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JimiTime wrote: »
    And who says you can't polish a turd. He wraps each passing oral bowel movement with a sweet wrapping of snappy phrases and nice language. Every so often though, the steam appears, followed by the stench. A turd dressed as a rose will be revealed when one moves in to have a smell.

Would you say the same if he was making exactly the same points about something that wasn't a cherished belief of yours? Or do you think maybe there's some bias in your dismissal of him?

For example, do you see no merit in the point that everyone is born with millions of enemies because of religion?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭CerebralCortex

Huh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

Aww, did he hurt your precious feelings?

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Would you say the same if he was making exactly the same points about something that wasn't a cherished belief of yours? Or do you think maybe there's some bias in your dismissal of him?

Well he's not talking about me or my beliefs. He's talking about his beliefs, and what he 'thinks' my beliefs are. Bias doesn't really come into it. If someone was ranting about a flat earth, would you call it biased to call it stupid? You holding the belief in a spherical earth and all.
    For example, do you see no merit in the point that everyone is born with millions of enemies because of religion?

I see such a thing as laughable, bigotted, propaganda. Its snappy though, and one can make sense of it and go 'Yeah, he's right'. Thats what propaganda is. Its still pure sh!te.

Aww, did he hurt your precious feelings?

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I truly loved that video.

Now that's the sort of god I can relate too, proper smiting and killing with abandon.
    If you're going to have all that power you may as well abuse it cthulhu.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Well he's not talking about me or my beliefs. He's talking about his beliefs, and what he 'thinks' my beliefs are. Bias doesn't really come into it. If someone was ranting about a flat earth, would you call it biased to call it stupid? You holding the belief in a spherical earth and all.

I see such a thing as laughable, bigotted, propaganda. Its snappy though, and one can make sense of it and go 'Yeah, he's right'. Thats what propaganda is. Its still pure sh!te.

Right so......

I must say if he was talking about a flat earth I wouldn't be getting as worked up about it as you clearly are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Zillah wrote: »
    He certainly has a way with words. "This useless lump of fossilized thought!"

I liked that particular quotation. :)

I look forward to watching some of the more 'enlightened' video rsponses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

You could have just said: "He's talking shyte". Pat Condell is great though. Have you seen the death threats he gets from the religious folk? It's absolutely mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Overblood wrote: »
    You could have just said: "He's talking shyte". Pat Condell is great though. Have you seen the death threats he gets from the religious folk? It's absolutely mental.

"You're wrong Pat, God is all loving and forgiving, now die and burn in hell!!!" :mad:

Galvasean wrote: »
    "You're wrong Pat, God is all loving and forgiving, now die and burn in hell!!!" :mad:

Ha! That's nothing. It's much worse. How about:
    YOU ARE THE ONE WHO WIL BURN IN THE LAKE OF BRIMSTONE YOU SORRY ASS COCK SUCKING MOTHER****ER.
    READ THE BIBLE INSTEAD OF BURNING IT AND YOU WILL REALIZE THAT THE HOLY SPIRIT IS OUR FRIEND AND IT IS YOU THE BLASPHMER WHO WILL BE ETERNALLY TORTURED
    ur just a ignornat whtie son of a bitch that needs to b bheaded wid a blunt knife
    i cannot fcuking wait until you die (which will be probably soon) and stand before your creator.
    u are a son of a bitch ! fcuk u and fcuk every body loves u ! if i see u in the streets i swear i am going to cut ur head off
    To pat

I will kill you.
    listen careflly

mark my words. when i see you im going to punch your fcuking face...
    u suck

you'll die a slow painful death you motherfcuker. Assholes like you have
    made us Muslims stronger. fcuk u old bitch.

IF I FIND YOUR UGLY FACE IM GONNA SMASH IT OFF WITH A MACHETE OK
    IF I SEE YU IN PUBLIC I WILL NIFE U .IF U DONT START TAKING DOWN THESE ANTI ISLAM VIDEOS I WILL BE SENDING YOUR PICTURE TO ALL MY BROTHERS IN LONDON (ABOUT 1000 OF THEM) AND THEY WILL DO THE SAME AND YOU WILL HAVE WISHED THAT U WERE NOT EVEN BORN,
    YOU HAVE 2 HOURS STARTING FROM WHEN YOU SEE THIS MESSAGE

ALLAH HU AKBAR
    Word to God if u see ur face anywhere on the street i will persoanlly knock the living **** outta u
    fcuk u pat u fcukin cum to east london i’ll fcukin shoot u in the tit
    you better watch your back, or you might end up in some torture facility where you’ll end up crying like the little bitch that you are and then get your penis chopped off and after that, have your head slowly sawed off.
    i can’t believe you haven’t been murdered yet!
    if u were right here id get my dads gun and shot in yer ****ing face!!!

FLAG THIS ****!!! JESUS FOREVER!!!
    i hope god strikes you down where you stand and the devil ass rapes you in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Ha! That's nothing. It's much worse. How about:

Love one another as I have loved you. -Some Guy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

That was an ok video. Better than his usual tabloidesque rants where he tries to whip up more hatred against British Muslims.

• Advertisement

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    Right so......

I must say if he was talking about a flat earth I wouldn't be getting as worked up about it as you clearly are

Worked up, me???!!! How dare you you upstart poxy f***kin....:pac:

Seriously though, I certainly wouldn't get worked up about this guys rantings. For all I know he was a victim of abuse, and has a deep bitterness and loathing. In such a case, I would have an empathy for him. Who knows why he rants as he does. What I do know though, is that unfortunately people like yourselves seem to think he's alright. Some taken in by his velvet tongue. I suppose I've seen his preconceptions and attitude on these boards, so maybe he just appeals to some folks preconceptions. For what its worth though, its still a verbal bowel movement.

You could have just said: "He's talking shyte".

That'd be too bland. I was waiting for an, 'Oh the irony', post from one of you, but it never came:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

That'd be too bland. I was waiting for an, 'Oh the irony', post from one of you, but it never came:(

I was more thinking of the time Condell said 'slander is saying something that's not true, so if I say that religion is the art of sugar-coating a turd and selling it to you as a donut, that wouldn't be slander because it is of course absolutely true.'

Just your quote reminded me of it.

I was well aware that you were aware that you were polishing a turd!

That was an ok video. Better than his usual tabloidesque rants where he tries to whip up more hatred against British Muslims.

And why not? There is a cesspit of violent muslims festering in England. Why not speak out against it? At least he's not ordering fatwah's.

I was well aware that you were aware that you were polishing a turd!

And even in thinking that you resisted the 'oh the irony' post. Impressive.

And why not? There is a cesspit of violent muslims festering in England. Why not speak out against it? At least he's not ordering fatwah's.

Why not? Well I don't believe in whipping up hatred against anybody...

Why not? Well I don't believe in whipping up hatred against anybody...

You don't really think that do you? Do you want me to start listing out some really bad people?

You don't really think that do you? Do you want me to start listing out some really bad people?

There is a difference between being specific and being sweeping.
    i.e. Abu Hamza is a dangerous bigot, who would like to see innocent people fry due to his warped view of Islam.
    Versus.
    Muslims are dangerous bigots who would like to see innocent people fry.

• Advertisement

Well, JimiTime basically said it all. There probably aren't as many Muslim nut jobs in the UK as some would like people to believe. Just seems that every few decades, a new religious or ethnic group is in the firing line, and people like Pat Condell do nothing to ease tensions.

Advertisement