Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Condell is back and angrier than ever

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

JimiTime wrote: »
    Worked up, me???!!! How dare you you upstart poxy f***kin....:pac:

Seriously though, I certainly wouldn't get worked up about this guys rantings. For all I know he was a victim of abuse, and has a deep bitterness and loathing. In such a case, I would have an empathy for him. Who knows why he rants as he does. What I do know though, is that unfortunately people like yourselves seem to think he's alright. Some taken in by his velvet tongue. I suppose I've seen his preconceptions and attitude on these boards, so maybe he just appeals to some folks preconceptions. For what its worth though, its still a verbal bowel movement.

Reported for personal abuse ;)

While he uses a very confrontational tone and is very disrespectful, I think he makes some good points. I just had another look at the video and, although I wouldn't put it as insultingly as him, the only part I really disagree with is that he said people can't relate to each other through anything but violence, I have more faith in us :).

The god of the old testament is, for want of a better word, a monster. A spiteful, vengeful, genocidal maniac. There are indeed many people in the world who hate you just because of your religion. I do believe jesus brought in the idea of hell to scare people because he knew he wasn't the son of god, god's eagerness to be worshipped does make him look vain and shallow, not enjoying life will get you into heaven faster, I think religion does hold knowledge back and I do think we'd be better off if people got rid of the "useless lump of fossilised thought" (not to be confused with wanting to force them to drop it),

So, all in all, he makes some good points but in a bad way

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Goduznt Xzst

finally a unifying cause for all the worlds fanatical religions... hatred of Pat Condell

For a comedian he's not very funny though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭ChocolateSauce

I love him. I invited him to speak with the UCD Humanist Society, but sadly he said he wasn't doing any engagements :(. Ah well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

He just about sums up atheism for me but doesnt dress it up intellectually as sophisticated thought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

CDfm wrote: »
    He just about sums up atheism for me but doesnt dress it up intellectually as sophisticated thought.

This statement above says absolutely nothing.

• Advertisement

Its allegorical:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

The Ignorant Atheist?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

I certainly wouldn't get worked up about this guys rantings. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and has a deep bitterness and loathing. In such a case, I would have an empathy for him. Who knows why he rants as he does.

Whatever about the rest of your post which is bewildering, why in your gods name would you post something like that???
    For all I know xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

WTF?
    That is not only an insult to those who were abused but is a throw away remark at a man that you do not know and has no way of defending himself simply because he does not agree with your beliefs. In light of recent events, done I might add with protection from the management of certain christian organisations, I find that comment disgraceful, I find it hard to believe you call yourself a christian.

The irony here of course is that that kind of comment is exactly what his posting was about but you prob dont even realise it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Whatever about the rest of your post which is bewildering, why in your gods name would you post something like that???

WTF?
    That is not only an insult to those who were abused but is a throw away remark at a man that you do not know and has no way of defending himself simply because he does not agree with your beliefs. In light of recent events, done I might add with protection from the management of certain christian organisations, I find that comment disgraceful, I find it hard to believe you call yourself a christian.

The irony here of course is that that kind of comment is exactly what his posting was about but you prob dont even realise it.

Ok. I can't really hear you from that height though, if you came down of that horse I'd hear you better.

Ok. I can't really hear you from that height though, if you came down of that horse I'd hear you better.

??

• Advertisement

??

I am percieving your 'post' as bombast and stupidity. You have climbed on your high horse without any justifiable reason. If you read my post in such a manner, fair enough, I'll leave you in your disgust. I'm certainly not going to defend my post against such inept reasoning though.

I am percieving your 'post' as bombast and stupidity. You have climbed on your high horse without any justifiable reason. If you read my post in such a manner, fair enough, I'll leave you in your disgust. I'm certainly not going to defend my post against such inept reasoning though.

So so sorry, how dare I get insulted by your thoughtful and well constructed post calling someone a rape victim because you watched a vid of him and didnt like it, as for your reply to me, well what can I say... inspired, sense less, as in whats your point?
    stupidity? high horse? justifiable reason? defend? inept reasoning?

Wha?

You post your sordid little post and when you get pulled on it you throw it back to me in as a personal attack?

And why may i be so cheeky to ask did you put a thank you on my post? that is if such an question isnt too stupid.......

So so sorry, how dare I get insulted by your thoughtful and well constructed post calling someone a rape victim because you watched a vid of him and didnt like it, as for your reply to me, well what can I say... inspired, sense less, as in whats your point?
    stupidity? high horse? justifiable reason? defend? inept reasoning?

Wha?

You post your sordid little post and when you get pulled on it you throw it back to me in as a personal attack?

And why may i be so cheeky to ask did you put a thank you on my post? that is if such an question isnt too stupid.......

Out of all the Christians that come to visit A+A, I find Jimi B]offensive personal comment removed by moderator[/B. I know this will probably get me a rap on the knuckles, but I have to say it.

Out of all the Christians that come to visit A+A, I find Jimi B]offensive personal comment removed by moderator[/B. I know this will probably get me a rap on the knuckles, but I have to say it.

It probably wont because that would make you a martyr.

It probably wont because that would make you a martyr.

No, Asia and Dades are fairly consistent in their modding. I expect something. It doesn't change my opinion, however.

No, Asia and Dades are fairly consistent in their modding. I expect something. It doesn't change my opinion, however.

Yes Pat

Yes Pat

Bravo.

*clap... clap... clap...*

(sorry to quote myself)

Yep, old Pat Condell was dead right. paralysed with fossil ideas people of religion just hate you even though they dont know you, to jimitime Pat is a heathen who must have under gone a serious trama and have mental health issues to speak like that, I am just an atheist, and the fires of hell are too good for me.... unfortunatley for jimitime this all came to pass in a post where he posted...
    I certainly wouldn't get worked up about this guys rantings

I'd hate to come across something that is worth getting worked up over! You know a wise man once said 'love your neighbour'... wheres the love???

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,414 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

I know this will probably get me a rap on the knuckles, but I have to say it.
    I'm in a good mood this morning, so you've just been carded. Next time you make an offensive personal comment about another user, you'll be banned from the forum.

that would make you a martyr.
    We're atheists. We don't do martyrdom.

• Advertisement

robindch wrote:
    I'm in a good mood this morning, so you've just been carded. Next time you make an offensive personal comment about another user, you'll be banned from the forum.

For what its worth, I don't mind. I'm sure Flamed Diving contributes more here than I do. The fact that I can be a little condescending at times will invoke such response now and then. I've no hard feelings anyway.

I don't mind
    Very gracious, but you were sailing close to the wind up above.

A gentlemanly hand-shake would improve the mood no end.

Gents?

robindch wrote: »
    Very gracious, but you were sailing close to the wind up above.

Gents?

No bother here. While I realise you can't have folk just hurling abuse at each other, I don't mind a bit a passion in a discussion. Sometimes its theraputic to just let a poster have it:) I'm sure we all have our conceptions about certain posters. I often think though, in the real world, we'd all probably get on. The fact that we are always here at loggerheads skewers the way we view each other. I'm sure we're not all just one trick ponies, well apart from Dades, we all know that he's really just 'The Atheist':pac::) Anyway, enough of my rambling.

(sorry to quote myself)

Yep, old Pat Condell was dead right. paralysed with fossil ideas people of religion just hate you even though they dont know you, to jimitime Pat is a heathen who must have under gone a serious trama and have mental health issues to speak like that, I am just an atheist, and the fires of hell are too good for me.... unfortunatley for jimitime this all came to pass in a post where he posted...

I'd hate to come across something that is worth getting worked up over! You know a wise man once said 'love your neighbour'... wheres the love???

To be totally honest, I knew i would wind you up when I responded to your post. This was because your reading of my post was shall we say, poor. Accusations of 'Some christian!!' etc, can be rather annoying especially when the poster has completely misrepresented you.. I'll end this by saying, I can assure you that there is nothing offensive in the post you had a go at. If you can't see that, then I'll leave you to be disgusted. If my word is worth anything though, try to read it with this in mind, 'Jimitime is not trying to insult, he's also not making 'any' assumptions.' With this in mind, you may discern the correct interpretation of that post. Hopefully this clears up your misunderstanding.

*shakes hands like I'm up for re-election*

I don't mind a bit a passion in a discussion
    Passion = good, name-calling = bad. Gives me a headache.
    me wrote:
    No bother here.
    A public one, please -- let's all have a good start to the week :)

robindch wrote: »
    Passion = good, name-calling = bad. Gives me a headache.A public one, please -- let's all have a good start to the week :)

handshake.jpg

blog_highfive.jpg

Yeah!! So everythings uber-super duper, well thank dog ... lets not fight again!!! I love you guys* sob S O B*

Lets watch a movie together, Flame I know you have seen them but what the hell eh?

• Advertisement

A moment of cross-party peace. Let's all enjoy it.

Ah, there. Folks, I love y'all.

And now, lets return to our normal programming.

Advertisement