Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pat Condell is back and angrier than ever

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

Yea, back to Pat. Amazing all the death threats he has gotten. How can one man just speaking his mind like that work up such hatred.

I'd love to see him in a debate with some leaders from the more established chuches. He's questions are so practial in nature and so hard hitting I dont think many would come out with a victory from him. It would be intresting to hear himself and rat-singer go mano e mano over the general points of the bible, you know things like if jesus was sent by god, sent to save everyone etc why didnt he write the new testiment, or at least make sure a few of the 12 were taking good notes on what was happening... you reckon jesus went back to god and said...

Jesus: hey dad i'm back
    god: did you bring me the nector?
    jesus: ah dad you gave that up when you left olympus, here i brought wine
    god: *spit* thats water
    Jesus: opps, I was wondering where that wine came from.....:o
    god: anyway did you sort out those talking monkeys
    jesus: yep, told them everything, meek, poor, down trodden all happy out, didnt think they were gonna hang me up at all but i followed your instructions.
    god: good lad, so you cleared up the old testiment for them? you started the new book???
    jesus: yea... pretty much
    god: ah jesus!! you didnt start a new religion did you!!:mad: you were to bring them together not start a bloody fan club
    jesus: Sorry dad, i did meet the devil down there, we went on the rip for 40 days and nights, peyote is wicked, didnt eat nor drink... It was mad... anyway any damage can be blamed on him, he's cool with that.
    god: i dont know, better pop down and check to see what damage you left behind!
    jesus: WHA??? but they think i'm dead!!! What kinda fools do you think they are???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I love when people call him a rascist. Cracks me up how wrong people can get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

The vast majority of Muslims in Britain are not white. I believe this to be one of the main reasons they are under fire from the garbage gutter rags that Pat loves to quote from. Is Pat Condell a racist? Who knows... All I know is that he has ranted and raved in the past about British culture being overrun by foreign culture (which sounded a bit strange to my ears). He also consistently talks about the Middle East as a sandy land of backwardness.

He's a bitter c*nt who spreads nothing but hatred toward the people we (in the west) are currently bombing and murdering in thousands. It's this kind of thinking that serves as fuel for never-ending wars. It's the kind of thing that makes Prince Harry casually throw the term 'raghead' around. I'm not about to lick Pat's arse or overlook his barbed rhetoric just because he's an atheist.

If you don't know where I'm coming from try putting the shoe on the other foot. Replace Muslim with Catholic or Middle East with Ireland and see how it feels. We all know it's certainly not ok to talk about Jews the way Pat talks about Muslims. There's a double standard.

Also, I lost a little bit of respect for Dawkins the day I saw him endorsing Condell on his website. I freeze-framed one of his videos and compared it do a shot of Dawkins. The resemblance is striking. Relative maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Irlandese

JimiTime wrote: »
    And who says you can't polish a turd. He wraps each passing oral bowel movement with a sweet wrapping of snappy phrases and nice language. Every so often though, the steam appears, followed by the stench. A turd dressed as a rose will be revealed when one moves in to have a smell.
    Why do these religious fanatics have to be so visceral and toilet orientated in their vile comments on anyone who questions their own particular set of "beliefs"?
    Interestingly, there are recognised close parallels between this particular aberant behaviour and the ease and direction with which paedophiles can auto-justify their sadistic psycho-sexual deviance with minors. This is often demonstrated by the use of words and imagery.
    I am prompted to ask about the possible significance of the name "jimitime". To have a "jimmy" is short for the cockney "jimmy-riddle" being "piddle" being "pee-pee" for someone demonstrating a similar reading age to the author of the post that prompted this comment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,649 ✭✭✭✭CDfm

Pat is more than just a tiny bit racist and its not ok to laugh at his rants because as others have said they have serious undertones.

JimiTime has a problem with that but so do others irrespective of whether they are believers or atheist.

• Advertisement

JimiTime wrote: »
    Nope.
    Aw, go on.
    Any rational arguament on religion would get your goat, man.
    Your comments are all we have to define you by and by gum, they certainly define you, big-time !
    Now go on and write another nasty, visceral and highly unpleasant post to get it all off your poor chest...
    Aw, go on, ya will, ya will ya will ...........

CDfm wrote: »
    Pat is more than just a tiny bit racist and its not ok to laugh at his rants because as others have said they have serious undertones.

JimiTime has a problem with that but so do others irrespective of whether they are believers or atheist.
    Sorry, old son, but I have only seen the video shown here on this thread and i didn't read in the stuff you are alluding to here.
    The video was quite ok and somewhat stimulating, especially for those who really need a wake-up call about supporting a religion that targets defenceless children as sex toys and murder victims for the entertainment of priests, bishops and perhaps the odd pope?
    Have you the other tapes referenced for viewing perhaps??

The vast majority of Muslims in Britain are not white. I believe this to be one of the main reasons they are under fire from the garbage gutter rags that Pat loves to quote from. Is Pat Condell a racist? Who knows... All I know is that he has ranted and raved in the past about British culture being overrun by foreign culture (which sounded a bit strange to my ears). He also consistently talks about the Middle East as a sandy land of backwardness.

He's a bitter c*nt who spreads nothing but hatred toward the people we (in the west) are currently bombing and murdering in thousands. It's this kind of thinking that serves as fuel for never-ending wars. It's the kind of thing that makes Prince Harry casually throw the term 'raghead' around. I'm not about to lick Pat's arse or overlook his barbed rhetoric just because he's an atheist.

If you don't know where I'm coming from try putting the shoe on the other foot. Replace Muslim with Catholic or Middle East with Ireland and see how it feels. We all know it's certainly not ok to talk about Jews the way Pat talks about Muslims. There's a double standard.

Also, I lost a little bit of respect for Dawkins the day I saw him endorsing Condell on his website. I freeze-framed one of his videos and compared it do a shot of Dawkins. The resemblance is striking. Relative maybe?
    Now now,
    I told Jimmy-Riddle about the underlying meaning around the use of that toilet language.
    Now, for your penance, you go off and sing the popes letter forty times to the tune of "Kevin Barry" and I will throw in a plenary indulgence.
    Go on, ya will, ya will, ya will................

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

Irlandese wrote: »
    Why do these religious fanatics have to be so visceral and toilet orientated in their vile comments on anyone who questions their own particular set of "beliefs"? [...] I am prompted to ask about the possible significance of the name "jimitime". To have a "jimmy" is short for the cockney "jimmy-riddle" being "piddle" being "pee-pee" for someone demonstrating a similar reading age to the author of the post that prompted this comment.
    Per favore, calmati.

Non voglio condividere uno dei miei cartellini rossi con voi.

Sorry, old son,

he is funny in his own way or would be if you didnt have people like the BNP.

A bit like that mad dancing priest from kerry Neil Horan -the marathon runner in the olympics whom he jumped on near the end believes it cost him the gold medal in the 2004 Olympics.

He did get thru the first round of Britains got talent ..........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭antiskeptic

pts wrote: »
    Pat Condell is back and angrier than ever. Contains angry ranting and offensive (to some) ideas.

Pretty good, if an amusing scattergunning of all the usual strawsuspects is your thing. But he'd be a bit of an embarrassment to the free thinking atheist I imagine. You're equivilent of Fred Phelps..

:)

robindch wrote: »
    Per favore, calmati.

Non voglio condividere uno dei miei cartellini rossi con voi.
    Vi ringrazio. Siete molto gentile.
    Portano fuori il peggio in me, quelli tipi.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Flamed Diving

I miss when he used to be more humourous in his videos.

Example:

All he does is rant now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Don't like him, never have. Too shouty and angry for my taste.

All he does is rant now.

A bit like Gerry Ryan but with occasional flashes of humour

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭JimiTime

Why do these religious fanatics have to be so visceral and toilet orientated in their vile comments on anyone who questions their own particular set of "beliefs"?

oh I haven't heard this one, is it to get to the other side?
    Interestingly, there are recognised close parallels between this particular aberant behaviour and the ease and direction with which paedophiles can auto-justify their sadistic psycho-sexual deviance with minors. This is often demonstrated by the use of words and imagery.
    I am prompted to ask about the possible significance of the name "jimitime". To have a "jimmy" is short for the cockney "jimmy-riddle" being "piddle" being "pee-pee" for someone demonstrating a similar reading age to the author of the post that prompted this comment.

Tee hee, you said 'pee-pee'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

I like Condell, I wouldn't class his views as racist, he does take on national policies and condemn them for their religious justifications, like the middle-east conflict.

I enjoy his rants, and find them amusing in their own way :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,834 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i just watched (or tried to) the video in the first post. got about a minute in. christ, can you imagine getting stuck talking to him at a party? you'd have to fake a stroke or heart attack to save yourself.

iUseVi wrote: »
    Don't like him, never have. Too shouty and angry for my taste.
    Aw go on.
    He is kind of funny in a useful and thought provoking way.
    I vote we make him person of the month on boards.
    Go no, vote for him, "I use vim", it'll do you good,
    Go on, go on, go on.............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

You're equivilent of Fred Phelps..

I'm what?!:mad:

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Aw go on.
    He is kind of funny in a useful and thought provoking way.
    I vote we make him person of the month on boards.
    Go no, vote for him, "I use vim", it'll do you good,
    Go on, go on, go on.............

"Would you like some biscuits? They've got cocaine in them!".

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭pts

I did like his staunch defence of free speech and right to offend. However I do think he has become increasingly angry, less funny and more xenophobic sounding.

When it comes to the "right to offend" argument I think Philip Pullman makes a much better attempt at a concise rebuttal.

i just watched (or tried to) the video in the first post. got about a minute in. christ, can you imagine getting stuck talking to him at a party? you'd have to fake a stroke or heart attack to save yourself.
    Maybe you should see a commedian about that?
    Don't go near any priests though, at least not alone.........

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Osgoodisgood

A bit like Gerry Ryan but with occasional flashes of humour

Hang on. There's no need for that sort of stuff!

Mod: Christianity
    You have received an infraction at boards.ie.
    Reason: Breach of Forum Charter

Jesus, was that really cardinal brady??
    Well call me a sick parrot and stick a wet fish up my jumper !
    No, my jumper, my jumper monsignor !

sorry, should have clarified that my reply started after " No, I heard the tapes.........."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

talking about no need for that kind of stuff, can anyone venture a guess for myself and philiporeilly and the other guys why in heavens name the following was adjudged in breach of the charter?

PM the mod that gave you the infraction? Can't understand why you think anyone here would be able to tell you.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

You have received an infraction at boards.ie
    <standard message regarding moderation in other forums>

Advertisement