Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose a class for me!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭

I feel like re-rolling on a fresh server but I can't decide what class to choose. I've played everything at this stage to some degree (some more than others).

The only qualifier I have is I want to roll a Tauren so that narrows it down somewhat.

Choose me a Tauren 33 votes

Warrior
    0% 0 votes
    Hunter
    15% 5 votes
    Death Knight
    12% 4 votes
    Shaman
    24% 8 votes
    Druid
    48% 16 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Go with DK, it has a great story to it at the start, nice class to play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Roll a real class..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Try roleplaying a corpse.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CyanRain

DK of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

DK ftw. Lvling for 1 to 80 sux ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Yes, be just another dk that didnt manage to learn the fundamental basics of the class in the rush to go from level 58 to 80!

Or play a real mans class, a druid ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Ivan wrote: »
    Yes, be just another dk that didnt manage to learn the fundamental basics of the class in the rush to go from level 58 to 80!

Here here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭sunzz

You play one........................................
    People can't seem to get over the fact that season5 is over.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Not everyone rushes to 80 you know :P I rolled a DK because I wanted to try out the new class and I've enjoyed it greatly so far and I'm 71 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

I know, it was unfair of me to tar all dk's with the same brush, but it is true for the majority imho. Granted, it's similar with alot of other alts it's just that you can invariably count on the fact that a DK will be an alt or someone who has changed mains to it and then pushed to hit 80 asap.

And lol sunzz, just lol ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

hunter, havin great craic pvping and end game raiding with him..nice to be in the top 3 of 25 man naxx dps when im completely outgeared. though i am in full epic

• Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Play a warrior. Just for charge alone.

*zoom* *smash* dead

When you get to the later stages, any tree is fun to play. Simple aoe grinding with prot while fury is fun, if you're geared for it. Haven't tried out the arms tree yet but its imba since 3.1 apparently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

1 week off for Sunzz for personal abuse

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

i thought warriors were ****e now dps wise since the patch, arms is the main viable end game spec and they aint topping the dps anymore.

and to be honest, i find tanking with my warr is **** compared to tanking with my frost spec dk, so so so much more fun. gonna respec my warr to arms for a while i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

copeyhagen wrote: »
    i thought warriors were ****e now dps wise since the patch, arms is the main viable end game spec and they aint topping the dps anymore.

and to be honest, i find tanking with my warr is **** compared to tanking with my frost spec dk, so so so much more fun. gonna respec my warr to arms for a while i think.

a well played and geared warrior now is near the top of the meters and do serious dmg in pvp.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

TechnoPool wrote: »
    a well played and geared warrior now is near the top of the meters and do serious dmg in pvp.

A well geared and played anything is generally near the top tbh. As for PvP they've turned into a pet hate of mine! War + dru and priest rogue are the most annoying teams atm (1750 2v2 disc priest) i can take a warrior since disc priests have good enuff dps atm + bubble dmg/rage block but once they get a healer that can LoS well its pretty tough! All we can do is CC train + pray!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I voted druid, its the one class that can be really branched in laid mans terms.

You have a good core for pretty much all the games essential " needs" in raid or party composition.

Moonkin and Balance for some caster dps
    Treeform and Restoration for some healing
    Cat form for dps
    Bear form for tanking
    Seal form for......swimming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Go BE and ret Paladin all the way. I'm leveling mine now and I love him. Have leveld a rogue, warlock, hunter and warrior - but my ret Paladin is the most fun of all (well, comarable with my rogue, but more durable!)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

This poll needs more mage

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Dustaz wrote: »

I've been actually suprisingly impressed with the mages running in my levelling intstances. Their damage output is insane

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Claypigeon

Yo guys, here's my input as far as re-rolling goes D;

I'd recommend looking more at the role you want to fulfill rather than the class itself. For example, if you gather 3 decent sets of gear as a Druid you can be ranged dps, melee dps, a tank or a healer. Not to mention that if you are the type of person that hates idling and prefers to be constantly grouping, doing heroics and/or raiding, you could dualspec Resto/Feral and tank/heal for anyone, anytime. Moonkins are in rather high demand as they provide the 13% spelldamage debuff on Bosses and do rather awesome dps themselves, Restoration Druids are regularly on top of HPS and Feral druids are just plain awesome for their versatility and ridiculous dps on some fights.

On the other hand, if you prefer a single "pure" role, I'm planning on re-rolling Hunter myself (got one fully Heirloom'd and ready to go :D) since I enjoyed my Alliance one at 70 but prefer Horde greatly. I have played Shaman for years now and I've really enjoyed it but it's simply personal preference that's making me move away from it. Restoration is really fun; I can't say much about Elemental/Enhancement in Wrath as I haven't played it personally but I know a fair few other Shamans who are raiding deep Ulduar and loving it as DPS. Warriors at the moment are great tanks and have excellent DPS potential when played with the right gear setup and rotation.

My 80 Death Knight was fun for a few months but I re-rolled off it after clearing Naxx 25 on it because Ulduar was taking ages to come out and I had exams coming o'er the horizon. I'd reccomend it purely for the versatility and the potential in both PvE and PvP but it just wasn't for me, particularly after they nerfed dual-wield (I was Frost/UH with dual Hailstorm, do you have ANY IDEA HOW FAP I LOOKED :< j/k). Tanking on her was excellent because it was almost like dps'ing with different gear and Rune Strike whereas with my Paladin atm and of course Bears/Warriors it's almost a totally different playstyle.

I can only suggest you read up on each class and ask friends about their experiences as each. Most importantly, don't take the flawed advice of "amfg teh warior is so shiet nao it duz 0 dpz??" and other biased stuff like "it's not fun compared to my X" - as for the former, it's all about the player, and in the case of the latter that's just their opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Dustaz wrote: »

My main be a mage, yarr.

Thanks for the post Claypidgeon, I'm rolling a few classes and I'll see which I stick with.

Schism wrote: »
    My main be a mage, yarr.

Thanks for the post Claypidgeon, I'm rolling a few classes and I'll see which I stick with.

No probs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

TheDoc wrote: »
    I've been actually suprisingly impressed with the mages running in my levelling intstances. Their damage output is insane

Arcane mages do ridiculous damage in heroics because of their talents and burst but put one in a raid situation and its a different story.

Go with gizmodiar the durid!

Psycopat wrote: »
    Arcane mages do ridiculous damage in heroics because of their talents and burst but put one in a raid situation and its a different story.

Go with gizmodiar the durid!

That's not true - with proper regen and buffs they're excellent. Fireball is the more common alternative however! With proper gear, knowledge of your rotation and the likes you'll do very well as arcane - even in TBC they took multiple shadowpriests as mana batteries to power, nowadays it's not as bad but I imagine that's their "thing".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Dont know much about mages but theres none in our raids at least so i assumed they were not much use.

Psycopat wrote: »
    Dont know much about mages but theres none in our raids at least so i assumed they were not much use.

urge to kill, rising....

You've got some top notch mages in your guild.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

Go for a druid bud, I personally prefer classes which have the highest skill curve (preform better under a skilled player, i.e. a good one is very easy to notice from an average one) Druid is one of these classes if you ask me. One of the hardest PvE (feral) rotations in game but it pay's off with extream dps thanks to WotLK revamp, in PvP feral offers burst that is deadly and CC in the form of cyclone and roots. In pvp as resto you can pretty much automaticlly get 2200+ rating with so many classes, rogue, warr, hunter, DK basiclly anything with a heal debuff or intense burst / survival. They have very nice lore associated with them, teleport moonglade and their forum section is one of the most helpful and insightful forums on the wow-europe forums page. The community also has alot of dedicated theory crafters which results in amazing plug in sites like rawr, all this combined with being able to stealth, play every single role in the game (only class that can do this if willing to respec) and now that the new forms are comming, I dont see what is keeping you from playing a druid.

Lol upon reading my own post, I should become a druid promotion rep imo. :p

AaronFitz wrote: »
    Go for a druid bud, I personally prefer classes which have the highest skill curve (preform better under a skilled player, i.e. a good one is very easy to notice from an average one) Druid is one of these classes if you ask me. One of the hardest PvE (feral) rotations in game but it pay's off with extream dps thanks to WotLK revamp, in PvP feral offers burst that is deadly and CC in the form of cyclone and roots. In pvp as resto you can pretty much automaticlly get 2200+ rating with so many classes, rogue, warr, hunter, DK basiclly anything with a heal debuff or intense burst / survival. They have very nice lore associated with them, teleport moonglade and their forum section is one of the most helpful and insightful forums on the wow-europe forums page. The community also has alot of dedicated theory crafters which results in amazing plug in sites like rawr, all this combined with being able to stealth, play every single role in the game (only class that can do this if willing to respec) and now that the new forms are comming, I dont see what is keeping you from playing a druid.

Lol upon reading my own post, I should become a druid promotion rep imo. :p

Nice post, I have a 47 Druid just sitting there atm. Makes me want to play him again. What's all this about new forms?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Schism wrote: »
    Nice post, I have a 47 Druid just sitting there atm. Makes me want to play him again. What's all this about new forms?
    Druids are getting several new skins for their cat form, as seen below :P
    newnelfcats2.jpg

Advertisement