Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Choose a class for me!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

AaronFitz wrote: »
    I personally prefer classes which have the highest skill curve (preform better under a skilled player, i.e. a good one is very easy to notice from an average one)
    In pvp as resto you can pretty much automaticlly get 2200+ rating with so many classes

dotdotdot

Every class takes some knowhow to maximise dps,tps or hps.

Roll a mage :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

rofl at that holy sh1t cat xD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭AaronFitz

The new "Actual" Forms of Tauren druid are seen here. (Thanks to mmo-champion.com for the links)

Below is cat
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/may/ss3.jpg

Below is bear
    http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/images/news/2009/may/ss1.jpg

The colour that you get is dependent on your skin tone as a tauren. However the main issue was not addressed which was druids forms changing based on how far game progressed they are.... A level 10 bear will remain to look like a level 10 bear even at level 80 in t8.... While this can play to an advantage in PvP as people wont know what your gear is like, its quite obvious you wont come across a badly geared druid in a 2200+ arena match.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,207 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

My ones are better :P

While I agree the one you posted are what the general public think of the new Nelf forms, I think it's only fair Taures got the most attention, I mean did you see their cat for for the past 4 years? Its like their flight path mode of transport (not the bat) was crossed with a level 8 lion from the barrens who got lock jaw..... I mean seriously imagin how many flies a tauren would swallowed while using dash.... poor cat's. Imo upon using dash the old tauren cats should of got a buff stating "Due to eating flies you now regain 20% of your health over the duration of dash." What you peep's think? :P

• Advertisement

Dustaz wrote: »
    dotdotdot

Every class takes some knowhow to maximise dps,tps or hps.

Roll a mage :)

Btw Dustaz I ment as feral, even though the post you quoted seem's like a contradiction you left out part of the quote which associated the high skill curve with feral, a skilled feral player is quite easy to spot from an average skilled " I'm going to stay in cat form" druid and preforms very well in arenas these day's. As for resto, yes I agree it is pretty much faceroll with a Warr / DK / Rogue / Ret paladin / Hunter, but playing Feral is quite a blatent diffrence from Resto :P

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭wayhey

I think both of you are right. All classes require skill to be the best but I also think Aaron is right about the druid's sharp skill curve. I started with a druid and found the game completely overwhelming... then I rolled a priest and a paladin and the paladin is so much easier for a beginner. Once I make him hit 80 and the new skins come out I'll definitely go back to druid. I don't know much about them end-game but certainly chugging along they can be really tricky to get to grips with as a new player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

I wonder if i asked blizzard would they include a "keyboard cat" skin for the druid .... probably not.

I switched to DK as my main however im still only at 64 and I've had him 2 months. I want to at least try to figure out how to play the class properly and not just power level to 80 and then try and join a raid only to be booted for not learning how use the rune system / abilities properly.

on that note if there are any experienced DK's out there id be grateful for any advise on how to play DK's good build combos for tanking etc. Im relatively new at the DK class but i want to learn how to play it properly.

Advertisement