Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Moderator here ripping GFX

Options
  • 27-05-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I come from a small wrestling forum and it has come to my attention that a Moderator here has ripped a GFX from our forum and is passing it off as his own. I would like the issue to be looked into please as ripping GFX and passing it off as your own or pretending that someone has made it for you isn't right. Do these look familiar:

Original
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2zpuzr6.jpg

Ripped
    http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/xrev0lver/Private/sig.jpg

PM me and i will send you the forum link as i assume advertising is banned here.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

I come from a small wrestling forum and it has come to my attention that a Moderator here has ripped a GFX from our forum and is passing it off as his own. I would like the issue to be looked into please as ripping GFX and passing it off as your own or pretending that someone has made it for you isn't right. Do these look familiar:

Original
    http://i42.tinypic.com/2zpuzr6.jpg

Ripped
    http://s166.photobucket.com/albums/u116/xrev0lver/Private/sig.jpg

PM me and i will send you the forum link as i assume advertising is banned here.

Thanks

I have to say this is the first i have heard of this one (until one of our posters alerting me to it the other day). I'm no whizz with Photoshop, in actualty, someone else did the image up for me and then passed it on, like every other one of my images that I have used in my sig in nearly the last year. It was slightly bigger, but i had to resize to comply with signature rules.

To my knowledge, it wasn't ripped, but then, I didn't design it, and never took the credit for it either. I just simply imported it into my sig.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Where did you get it from Shawn? 52, he isn't passing it off as his own, but how do you prove that this is your copyrighted work, there isn't a signature on it. Are you saying that you want him to not use this image yeah?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 52 and counting

Well, you may not have known that the GFX was ripped but whoever presented you with that GFX has obviously ripped it as you can clearly see.

Gordon wrote: »
    Where did you get it from Shawn? 52, he isn't passing it off as his own, but how do you prove that this is your copyrighted work, there isn't a signature on it. Are you saying that you want him to not use this image yeah?

Hi Gordon.
    Friend of mine sent it on to me via MSN. To my knowledge he's not a boards poster, but he's done every one of my sigs for the last few months, including the ones torn down because they were too big.

Well, you may not have known that the GFX was ripped but whoever presented you with that GFX has obviously ripped it as you can clearly see.

With all due respect 52, that proves nothing to me. with the exception of two different names in the corner. The one i received was blank and i just added my name into the top corner using PSP, hence the crudeness of it's font.

• Advertisement

Oh sorry, there is a signature on the haggard pic, apologies.

In fairness, Haggard is visible underneath the Shawnraven text, so it was there before the Shawnraven was put on the top right hand side.

I am the moderator of the small forum where i found out that the GFX was being ripped here, sorry if i have misunderstood. If i can get a hold of the PSD then will that prove this GFX hasn't been made by your MSN friend. I only came here because i was told that GFX was being ripped here so..........

I am not trying to advertise but here is proof. The user Haggard requested something very specific and Hixxy filled his request:

http://freeforumzone.leonardo.it/discussione.aspx?idd=1360260&p=26

I am the moderator of the small forum where i found out that the GFX was being ripped here, sorry if i have misunderstood. If i can get a hold of the PSD then will that prove this GFX hasn't been made by your MSN friend. I only came here because i was told that GFX was being ripped here so..........

I did a close up of the two (6:1) and it does look like it was badly airbrushed over, but I will assure you right now, that it was blank (or close to being blank) when it was sent on to me. I didn't bother zooming it to check (because i've never had this problem before with any of the work submitted).

I really don't know what to say here. But i've reconsidered using this and apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. Had i known it was from another party, i would have asked for permission prior to using it.

So again, apologies for any inconvenience cause.
    SR

Thats cool i suppose, i just heard that someone was ripping GFX so decided to see what was happening. Suppose there isn't much use for the thread anymore since it has been resolved, thanks.

Maybe Hixxy could give permission to use the image if you linked back to him or your forum, 52? Just a thought.
    Thats cool i suppose, i just heard that someone was ripping GFX so decided to see what was happening. Suppose there isn't much use for the thread anymore since it has been resolved, thanks.
    Nae borr.

• Advertisement
Advertisement