Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Terry on AH

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Mr.Lizard wrote: »
    I'm not surprised in the slightest. If you'd been paying attention you'd see that my only issue lies with the 2day ban in the first place. Anything I said to him in PM was fair grounds for a ban extension and even I accept that.
    You insulted me, so I banned you. Had you said the same of anyone else, I still would have banned you.
    You then sent me abusive PMs, so I extended the ban.

Now you may not have noticed it, but there is a report PM function.
    All the Admins posting here have seen the abusive PMs you sent me, so there really is no point in you denying sending them (post #28).

I've taken away your ability to send me any more abusive PMs by putting you on my ignore list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Terry wrote: »
    You insulted me, so I banned you. Had you said the same of anyone else, I still would have banned you.
    You then sent me abusive PMs, so I extended the ban.
    So you can frequently go around brazenly proclaiming you're posting drunk yet if anyone else makes reference to it it becomes a personal insult? :confused: You're really not making any sense here.
    Now you may not have noticed it, but there is a report PM function.
    All the Admins posting here have seen the abusive PMs you sent me, so there really is no point in you denying sending them (post #28).
    I didn't deny sending them. I denied sending "a great deal" of them which is what the specific accusation laid to me in post#28 was.
    I've taken away your ability to send me any more abusive PMs by putting you on my ignore list.
    Ya poor mite. :( Wasted effort anyway as I had already said all I was going to say to you last night.

So you can frequently go around brazenly proclaiming you're posting drunk yet if anyone else makes reference to it it becomes a personal insult? :confused: You're really not making any sense here.
    You worded it in an insulting manner.
    I don't mind people taking the piss out of me in a light hearted manner, but that's not what you were doing.

It was a malacious comment designed to provoke a reaction.
    You just didn't get the reaction you were hoping for.

Having looked at your profile, I see you're a member of the AH messers user group. A group which has a picture of troll dolls as a logo.
    A not very subtle way of telling people that you just use AH to troll.

You can tell your buddies there that I'll be keeping an eye out for them.

Ya poor mite. :( Wasted effort anyway as I had already said all I was going to say to you last night.
    It was only 3 or 4 clicks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Terry wrote: »
    You worded it in an insulting manner.
    I don't mind people taking the piss out of me in a light hearted manner, but that's not what you were doing.
    ....."In your opinion". An opinion that I can confirm in this particular case is incorrect.
    It was a malacious comment designed to provoke a reaction.
    You just didn't get the reaction you were hoping for.
    No it wasn't nor do I expect any reaction for what I write.
    Having looked at your profile, I see you're a member of the AH messers user group. A group which has a picture of troll dolls as a logo.
    A not very subtle way of telling people that you just use AH to troll.
    Pfft, is that the best you can do? :rolleyes: I was invited to join that group and saw no reason not to avoid being sociable. I'd have joined the 'OAP's knitting' user group or 'friends of Mary Harney' usergroup if there were one and someone invited me to join. We don't all take our own image on boards as seriously as you appear to do.

I used AH (much like most) for joking around and generally take the piss out of current affairs topics & people in the public eye. I don't use it to troll or insult people personally.
    You can tell your buddies there that I'll be keeping an eye out for them.
    Tell them yourself. You're great at PM-ing people who just as soon not hear from you.
    It was only 3 or 4 clicks.
    Glad to hear it.

....."In your opinion". An opinion that I can confirm in this particular case is incorrect.
    I don't believe you.

I used AH (much like most) for joking around and generally take the piss out of current affairs topics & people in the public eye. I don't use it to troll or insult people personally.
    You're a low level troll. You have been from the start.

Tell them yourself. You're great at PM-ing people who just as soon not hear from you.
    You're still trying to insult me.
    I'm laughing because the only PMs I send are to people I ban (who generally do not want to read a PM telling them they are banned and would fit the description above), people who initiate PM conversations with me and the odd one to someone who may report a post that is deemed ok. In that case I just send an acknowledgement of their report and thank them for it.

I don't send unsolicited PMs of any type to anyone here. I definitely don't send PMs to people to try and start a campaign against someone else.

I'm done here now.
    The ban stays. I see no valid reason to lift it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This thread is done, I see no reason to overturn the ban.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement