Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is anyone else left from Flight 815?

• 27-05-2009 11:00pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Other than the regular crew, and Rose and Bernard, is there anyone else left alive from Oceanic 815 (including those from the tail)? Not that it mattered much since they never seemed to be able to proffer an opinion without deferring to the sanctimonious Jack.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭Killaqueen!!!

i guess its implied there isnt. I thought it was badly done too. When they were time-jumping, they got fired on by flaming arrows and while i accept that its a good time to kill off some unwanted extras, the scene didnt convince me that a big group of em were massacerd! I mean, all those episodes ago, when they were up at the radio tower with Jack, there seemed to be a large number of 815 survivors, and now all we're left with is Rose, Bernard and Vincent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

There is always an chance they hid somewhere else themselves such as in the caves or some such. But I think we are likely left to assume they are dead. They just couldn't fit in considering how season 5 developed.

Yeah, true. I just wish they did the scene at the beach and the ones afterwards better. Something like Sawyer saying 'the son of bitches killed em' or something to recognise that the majority of them got killed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Yeah, true. I just wish they did the scene at the beach and the ones afterwards better. Something like Sawyer saying 'the son of bitches killed em' or something to recognise that the majority of them got killed!
    Im pretty sure at some point at the start of this series they said there was a certain amount left (around 10 or so) and they killed off that amount in the first few episodes on screen. Also a good few were killed off the end of the previous season when the mercenaries raided dharmaville.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Also if you remember Sawyer said he sent out people looking all over the Island for survivors and found none, so I guess everyone else was killed at the flaming arrow

• Advertisement

Obviously didnt' search hard enough if after 3 years he couldn't find Rose and Bernard :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Obviously didnt' search hard enough if after 3 years he couldn't find Rose and Bernard :P

Yeah and its not like Vincent would be the stealthiest of dogs and how did they not notice all the footprints all over the beach? Its almost as silly as the "tracking" skills of Kate and Locke: "I'm pretty sure a 32 year old pregnant woman eating a curley-wurly passed through here 58-59 minutes ago. And she was wearing a blue jumper."

I hope we have a better explanation of what happened to the rest, I was thinking they may have been recruited by the Others but that makes no sense either. I guess their lives are just less important then the rests.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I really hate how the writers handled the background survivors these last two seasons. It's a total reversal of how they handled them in season 1. Back then when anyone died it was given the proper dramatic weight, such as the women who drowned or Edward Mars' long drawn out death from a gunshot wound.

Where as now a whole bunch of them get killed in one scene for comic effect and no one makes any mention of them again. This makes all of Jack's efforts in previous seasons to protect everyone pointless. And the fact that Jack doesn't even notice that everyone is dead does grievous damage to his character imo.

I can understand how the Redshirts have become unnecessary at this point in the story but in that case they should have had them all be rescued with the O6 or left them out of the time-jumping to be merged into the Others or something. Killing all of them in a hail of bullets and arrows after three season was stupid.
    BOONE: Red shirt.
    LOCKE: Huh?
    BOONE: Ever watch "Star Trek"?
    LOCKE: Nah, not really.
    BOONE: The crew guys that would go down to the planet with the main guys, the captain and the guy with the pointy ears, they always wore red shirts. And they always got killed.
    LOCKE: Yeah?
    BOONE: Yeah.
    LOCKE: Sounds like a piss-poor captain.

I really hate how the writers handled the background survivors these last two seasons. It's a total reversal of how they handled them in season 1. Back then when anyone died it was given the proper dramatic weight, such as the women who drowned or Edward Mars' long drawn out death from a gunshot wound.

Where as now a whole bunch of them get killed in one scene for comic effect and no one makes any mention of them again. This makes all of Jack's efforts in previous seasons to protect everyone pointless. And the fact that Jack doesn't even notice that everyone is dead does grievous damage to his character imo.

I can understand how the Redshirts have become unnecessary at this point in the story but in that case they should have had them all be rescued with the O6 or left them out of the time-jumping to be merged into the Others or something. Killing all of them in a hail of bullets and arrows after three season was stupid.

To be fair to Jack. Nobody really died when he was around. It was the others who died in the big shoot out in the season 3 finale. He wasn't in New otherville during the Keamy standoff and he wasn't on the island when the flaming arrow attack happened. Jack is much different character now anyway, it's still a relatively short period of time since he tried to jump off a bridge and was high on drugs so I don't think it's that unreasonable for him to be concentrated on other things.

Yeah, season 1 definitely dealt better with redshirts. There was much more realism in season 1. Yes there was crazy stuff like polar bears and monsters and whispering in the jungle, but the characters were grounded and more realistic. And deaths were treated properly, be it Steve (or was it Scott?!) or a main character like Boone.

Now, nobody even cares at the amount of redshirts killed, even Jack the once 'peoples person' - the hero. Also more recently everybody was pretty casual about Sayid getting shot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

What ever happened to that air hostess that was taken by the others? I remembe she showed up briefly in season 2 when jack was in the cage. a bunch of them were just looking at him and when jack asks what they are doing she says "we are here to watch". Same with all the children from 815 that were taken.

Are we to presume they are still with the others? In this season's finale when they were at the foot of the statue there didn't seem to by any children.

As Richard said there are others in the temple. I assume that Cindy and the kids are situated there.

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Dubs

a lot died as well when the freighter exploded

Advertisement