Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reccomend me a good slide for a beginner!

Options
  • 27-05-2009 11:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

I'm just starting to learn how to play guitar using a slide, and my question is can anyone recommend me a good one for an absolute beginner? I know it is often down to personal preference which one you choose, but for a complete first timer ye probably know a bit more than me. I will be going into the shop soon and I want to know what to look for, material and size wise. Is there different slide for acoustic and electric guitars? Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

You can use any slide on any type of guitar, but generally heavier metallic slides are better for acoustic (warmer tone) and glass or ceramic slides for electric. More important is to decide which finger you want to use it on, so you can get the right size. :D

Advertisement