Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

XBOX 360 Error E73 Flash Code 1421

• 27-05-2009 11:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what this is about?
    Can't find anything on internet.

1421 is the code you get when you hold sync & press eject.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

4 leds mean 0, so its 1021. google that, its very similar to e74/3red lights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

i believe its an ethernet port problem.

here is a list of the error codes and and second error codes aswell.

http://www.llamma.com/xbox360/repair/Xbox-360-error-codes.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Nice one. Some ****e to do with the ethernet port which I never used. Think it's only 12 month warranty on it too. Only bought around this time last year, I'll have to dig out the receipt. I remember my 1st one was getting fixed May bank holiday anyway & bought this a while after...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

if you go here

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/register-repair.htm

sign in and register your xbox (if you havent already done so)

you can check the warranty of your xbox.

if it is in warranty. microsoft will collect it, fix it and return it free of charge.

hope you get it sorted.

Thor wrote: »
    if you go here

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/support/register-repair.htm

sign in and register your xbox (if you havent already done so)

you can check the warranty of your xbox.

if it is in warranty. microsoft will collect it, fix it and return it free of charge.

hope you get it sorted.

Didn't register it incase I was to sell it, might have came in handy for the buyer as 1st registered user.
    Registered this one, outside warranty (reckon by 20 days max going by memory cos I was in Prague until 6th May last year I think) so told the bastards they better fix it because I only bought it then my other one broke.
    I'll be bricking them this time if the don't sort it out. Have faith for now however...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

I can't believe it just stops letting you use it if the ethernet port breaks, that doesn't make any kind of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

Is it not 2 years warranty for electric goods in Ireland?
    Also the console can be unregistered, just ring M$ when selling it to ask to delete it from your account

docentore wrote: »
    Is it not 2 years warranty for electric goods in Ireland?
    Also the console can be unregistered, just ring M$ when selling it to ask to delete it from your account

You're right, it's two years warranty in Ireland. I called them there and they told me it was out of warranty so I asked for a manager and she siad to send them proof of purchase and they will change my warranty to two years and repair free of charge.

Thanks for all the help guys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Clearing the cache might be worth a shot before you send it off, hardware faults on ethernet ports are extremely rare.

Go to the "system" blade
    Select "memory"
    Press Y on the HD symbol
    Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
    A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
    Select Yes

DarkJager wrote: »
    Clearing the cache might be worth a shot before you send it off, hardware faults on ethernet ports are extremely rare.

Go to the "system" blade
    Select "memory"
    Press Y on the HD symbol
    Press X,X, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X
    A message will appear saying: "Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?"
    Select Yes

Don't have the option to do this, it's just a blank screen then the error message. Worked fine every time since 5th May then just stopped completely yesterday, hasn't gone into dashboard once since the error.

• Advertisement
Advertisement