Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bacon Factory

Options
  • 27-05-2009 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭

Is there any way to find out who paid for land, and for how much if the sale was by private treaty?

There was mention of a guide price at €6.5 million for the 'old Bacon Factory' as reported in this story over 2 years ago.

The 1.76 ha (4.36 acre) old Bacon Factory site on the Pearse Road in Letterkenny was to be sold at public auction yesterday afternoon (Thursday) for in excess of 6.5 million euro.

These are of course the old location of donegal county council and civil defence depots.

My question is, did this property sell for the guide price? was it more or less? and why was sale by private treaty?

The sale of the Donegal County Council owned site could not be confirmed at the time of going to press. However, Mr Kevin Haughey of selling agents Gunne said there was a massive interest in the property.

I did search boards and found mention to bacon factory here in august of last year and here back in 2005! so LKLad and donegalman1, any information about this since?

Thank you for any details on it or indeed correcting me on any misunderstanding of the matter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 andyc09lad

who gives a ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭weiss

Well, obviously you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭GoldenGreen

You would think that maybe that type of info could be got from the Council via a Freedom Of Information request. Not sure but worth a try

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

andyc09lad wrote: »
    who gives a ****
    Just be more careful with your comments. This is your second and last warning.

Infraction given.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

weiss wrote: »
    Is there any way to find out who paid for land, and for how much if the sale was by private treaty?

I think you can pay a small amount and get details of ownership from the land registry, but it will probably come back with a company name thats own by another company thats directors are...

If the sale was by private treaty then there are no available to public details, unless the owners reported it to a newspaper etc.

• Advertisement
Advertisement