Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dresses.ie

• 27-05-2009 11:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭

Has anyone used the website www.dresses.ie ?

What were they like for sizes, quality, delivery, reliability etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭magconn

used them a few weeks ago. disaster. sent one dress in wrong size, other dress came wit size written by hand, and it was no where size it should have been. Sent back and emailed. tried to tell me dresses on sale not for refund..pah, got my answer to that. now they just being sticky and saying refunds take 30 days...still waiting for my 80 euro!!

oh yeah, english not great in emails they send, couldnt understand the last one i got !!!

Great delivery service tho :)

I wouldn bother if i were u IMHO, not very nice folks regarding returns !!

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

Thanks magconn. I was too impatient to wait for a reply and ordered from them last night! Hopefully I have a better experience than you did, I'll report back once the arrive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Resse18

I found dresses.ie great:D
    i had a 21st to go to & i found out that they have next day delivery i ordered the danni white!it was lovely and came the next day!..& the ppl wer reali easy to deal with alltogether it cost me 45 euros which i think is great,i will definitly be using this website again and would tell my friends about it.I had a great night in the dress!:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭deisebabe

I found dresses.ie greatbiggrin.gif
    i had a 21st to go to & i found out that they have next day delivery i ordered the danni white!it was lovely and came the next day!..& the ppl wer reali easy to deal with alltogether it cost me 45 euros which i think is great,i will definitly be using this website again and would tell my friends about it.I had a great night in the dress!

This is the second time i've noticed dresses.ie coming on to promote themselves pretending to be a real user. I was about to look at the site but this kind of underhandedness turns me off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭pampers1

I have used them before and the sizing was completley wrong on the dress I ordered. The quality was really cheap looking as well. They haven't had anything new on their site in ages as I do go on regularly to check... definitely would not recommend them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭MiamiMortimer

I've never used the site, but when I saw Morning Am (or some other morning tv programme that has their fashion segment sponsored by them, can't remember!) I was tempted to have a look.

I can definitely say that I won't be ordering from them in the near future because
    a)They use horrendous grammar, which is an instant put off for me - 'cm's' instead of 'cms', 'inchs' instead of 'inches', 'savey' instead of 'savvy'...need I go on? It looks really unprofessional to me when I see that - makes me anticipate lazy, crappy service, because if they can't even be bothered to spell things correctly, how can customers expect them to offer a good service?
    b) They have more than one trashy picture of a model with her boobs out selling blazers, which confused me - what's the point of that? Surely that kind of selling tactic won't sell clothes to other women? It just made the item look tacky.
    c) ALL of their dresses are way too short. Except the maxis, obviously (all three of them). Plus the fabric looks cheap and none of the designs are in any way unusual. You see the likes of them in every shop that caters for teens in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭timewilltell

It just looks so cheap!

I'd also agree.. all the dresses seem so short..and look a bit tacky!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Please don't drag up three year old threads.

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement