Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cd's and DvD's

Options
  • 28-05-2009 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Why is the all for one, one for all CD going, going and almost gone? DvD is almost the same, Blue Ray never took let alone the HD DvD, yet we have so much modern hardware that is still being developed to play these saviours to vinyl's, beetamax's, laser disc's, cassettes and VHS's.?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

bren.ryan wrote: »
    Why is the all for one, one for all CD going, going and almost gone? DvD is almost the same, Blue Ray never took let alone the HD DvD, yet we have so much modern hardware that is still being developed to play these saviours to vinyl's, beetamax's, laser disc's, cassettes and VHS's.?

I wouldn't say BlueRay never took....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,102 ✭✭✭mathie

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    I wouldn't say BlueRay never took....

I never thought Blu-Ray would take.
    The jump from VHS to DVD was far greater than DVD to Blu-Ray.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Blu ray has taken off, it is just that here in Ireland we are that little bit behind the major countries.

And for the poster that said there is not as big a diff between Blu ray and dvd as there was between VHS and dvd. You should watch a blu ray film on a genuine 1080p capable tv with a sound system that makes the most of blu ray's sound quality and not the screens that get passed off as "HD READY" in Ireland that might go to 720p or 1080i.

There is a huge difference between blu ray and dvd, and with the dropping prices and the fact that blu ray players are backwards compatible, it will make the changeover easier.

What is slowing it in this country is the crazy prices that bricks and mortar stores are trying to charge for films on blu ray. I have often gone into HMV and seen films for 29.99 up to 37.99 and then checked online and bought the same films on blu ray from 8.98 to 12.98.

Advertisement