Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Importing a PDF into Word 2007

• 28-05-2009 1:06am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭

sorry if this is the wrong place guys, but i need help bringing in a PDF document into MS Word.

I've tried the online stuff, I get it back in word format but its not workable for me, it looks fine as a standalone document but i cant grab all the bits and group them so i can bring them in as a picture into a bigger documant
    I've tried verious pdf products, like nitro PDF where you export it to word, good products but nt working for me.

I've tried products that save PDFs as jpegs etc but the resolution is too poor to use in word and i need to be able to read it.

Bar trying to create the whole thing again in word i'm stuck (i dont want that as it is a PDF of a web page for research i gathered and the site is now down and wrapped up so the PDF with its urls etc is kind of proof that it existed)

thanks in advance.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

get pdfcreator from sourcefourge and change the dpi to something high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

The best way IMO of doing this is to use OCR software like Abbyy Fine Reader. It's just the same procedure as scanning and OCR'ing a paper document, except you feed it a PDF file instead. The results are usually 100%, the only thing that can go a bit wrong is if you make extensive use of multiple columns and the like it can take a bit of work in Word afterwards to get it back to something you can actually edit comfortably. Any embedded graphics will, of course, be imported 1:1 into the Word document, so if they're low resolution in the original PDF, nothing you can do will be able to improve that.

If you like I could do it for you, as I have the necessary s/w. PM me if you're interested.

Advertisement