Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Bee woes...

Options
  • 28-05-2009 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭

This utility for Firefox was recommended to me and I've seen it recommended to others also to monitor price changes etc on daft.ie

I installed it but during the setup wizard it asks for my forum username and password which I'd already created but it told me it was yet to be activated.

I never received the email to my Gmail account (checked the spam folder) and it's now been several days. There's a link to resend the activation email but it doesn't appear to do anything. I even tried created a second Property Bee account with a different username and email address but it made no difference.

I've emailed the admin but yet to hear back.

Has anyone else experienced such difficulties?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

I've the same problem. I entered the incorrect e-mail address, so could never activate my account.

I uninstalled and reinstalled, but PropertyBee remembers my previous account so I can't register a new e-mail address.

I'm not sure where it's persisting my account details, but it seemed like too much effort to look around, so now I'm PropertyBee less.

I might have a nose around my PC and registry later. If I find anything, I'll post it here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

I had the same problem also. It just takes the guy a few days to get around to all the emails!

Though you'd think they'd fix that bug given that it's so common.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

I got this from Gmail after emailing the admin:
    This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

admin@property-bee.com

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
    Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 452 452 4.4.5 Insufficient disk space; try again later (state 13).

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

It persists account info in the file property-bee.sqlite (located in the firefox profile directory). Deleting (or renaming) this file and restarting firefox will initialise the add-on. In any case, the property-bee server seems to be having a problem at the moment with the sending out of account activation emails (I tried a couple of times and the sending of the email kept failing).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭runswithascript

Twiki wrote: »
    It persists account info in the file property-bee.sqlite (located in the firefox profile directory). Deleting (or renaming) this file and restarting firefox will initialise the add-on. In any case, the property-bee server seems to be having a problem at the moment with the sending out of account activation emails (I tried a couple of times and the sending of the email kept failing).

Thanks for that. The admin finally got my email and manually created the account but I had the addon configured with another test account which I didn't want to use. The only way to change the username was in fact by deleting property-bee.sqlite.

I started using property-bee as part of a bee 5 minutes ago, it's amazing. I can see some of the properties I'm interested in renting have been on the site for months which will make it much easier to haggle! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement