Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd Commerce

Options
  • 28-05-2009 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hey,

I know someone has the same thread about comp sci and this is roughly the same. Finished first year a couple of years ago but I had to move to Japan because my dads job went out there. I have now decided to come back on my own to finish the degree and was just wondering if anyone can advise me on some material I could study as I don't arrive back in Ireland until late august I think.

The names of the books each module uses and what chapters they use would be great!!! I tried to find the Module coordinators email addresses but that website is impossible to navigate! Any help would be much appreciated. Oh, the modules (for semester 1) are:

Financial Accounting 2
    Operations and Supply Chain Management
    Principles of Finance
    Marketing
    Cross Cultural Management

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Alyosha

Financial Accounting 2: Niamh Brennan is the co-ordinator, John McCallig teaches it. Have not a clue what book was, I think McCallig uses his own book now.

Operations: Michael Nelson was my lecturer, a really nice guy and a relatively easy subject. Book was "Introduction to Operations and Supply Chain Management" by Bozarth - would not rush out buying it though.

Principles of Finance - Jimmy O' Neill teaches this. Textbook is by Brealey and Myers. A very easy subject to do well in if you are at all interested, as Jimmy spells out exactly what will come up on the final paper.

Marketing - Andrea Prothero is module co-ordinator. Have not a clue what textbook was. Vaguely remember there being plenty of assigned readings on top of the book.

Cross Cultural Management - Joke of a subject.

I thought I'd be able to give a comprehensive answer to this post, but seems I've forgotten a lot in the last 2 years! If and when I'm on my laptop next I will probably have course outlines saved on it somewhere, will forward them on to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Bannana

Thanks Alyosha for the info, would be great if you could forward me on anything else you can dig out. And I didn't steal the idea, I borrowed it :D

Advertisement