Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name that sonng.

Options
  • 28-05-2009 2:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭

Hey, what was the name of that tune on the music syllabus last year.
    I think it had three movements or something like that.
    Im in the mood to listen to it but I forget its name.#
    Was a song about his lover I believe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,229 ✭✭✭pathway33

music syllabus is at www.education.ie

click 'curriculum,syllabus (or something) on the left , then go to your subject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Meh, that seems like far too much trouble at the moment.
    Im just going to listen to some radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Well, the pieces on the syllabus last year were:

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique (Movement 2: Un Bal, and Movement 4: March au Supplice)
    Mozart Piano Concerto K488 in A Major (All 3 movements)
    The Beatles, "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "She's Leaving Home", and "When I'm 64"
    Raymond Deane: Seachanges

I'd guess you're talking about the Berlioz, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

Well, the pieces on the syllabus last year were:

Berlioz: Symphonie Fantastique (Movement 2: Un Bal, and Movement 4: March au Supplice)
    Mozart Piano Concerto K488 in A Major (All 3 movements)
    The Beatles, "Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "She's Leaving Home", and "When I'm 64"
    Raymond Deane: Seachanges

I'd guess you're talking about the Berlioz, though.

I think there are very few people who would ever be in the mood to listen to Sea Changes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

It sounds the the Berlioz you're looking for. The two movements were Un Bal, where he sees his lover at a ball and Marche Au Supplice where he's hanged (hung?) for killing his lover.

The Un Bal movement is the swirly waltzy one (to use the technical term) whereas Marche Au Supplice is the super-dramatic one.

• Advertisement

Piste wrote: »
    hanged (hung?)
    Oh god, 2 years of studying The Crucible (Salem Witch Trials, few hangings...), trying to use that word was impossible. Nobody knew what to say. I think someone concluded it's hanged, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭mardybumbum

Thank you peoples. It was indeed the Berlioz I was looking for.
    Seachanges..........ugh. That song makes me feel ill.
    Had a great old time listening to it last night without analysing it.
    Thanks again. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

Yea symphonie Fantastique was great....I prefer mozart though, <3 the 2nd and 3rd movements!

2nd movement of Mozart is so lovely! Play it on the piano all the time. >.< Now if only I had an orchestra to accompany me...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Dante

2nd movement of Mozart is so lovely! Play it on the piano all the time. >.< Now if only I had an orchestra to accompany me...

I'll play the tambourine for you if that makes you feel any better! :pac::pac:
    I'm pretty confident it would work out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement