Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Half Sub 1hr 35, 10k sub 38, 5k sub 18

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭another world

tisnotover wrote: »
    Ure in flying form lately! Tempo pace must have been ok for ya if ya felt you could have kept going for another bit like.
    I think your well on track for your target time next week...

Cheers. Trainings been going grand alright. I´m still debating what pace to go at. It´ll be a long week in that sense!

Sun: 14km (6:14min/km) Did a few kms with the girlfriend thus the slow overall time. My fault for trying to get her into running :rolleyes:

Mon: 6km (5:13min/km) Struggled a bit because of eating about a half hour beforehand. When will I learn!

Rest day tomorrow and then weds and thursday easy 6km days with one or two 30 sec sprints. And that´s it. I almost feel guilty:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭tisnotover

Cheers. Trainings been going grand alright. I´m still debating what pace to go at. It´ll be a long week in that sense!

thats the worst part of the last week, waiting for the race+all the questions you keep asking yourself about what race pace, etc...:o

A good idea would be to read back through this log+see how much your training has come on+it'll give ya the confidence you need... :)

Tue: Rest

Wed: 6km (4:55min/km)

Thurs: 6km (5:14min/km) Did some squats and stretching afterwards.

Weekly Total 32km!

Well, training is now over for the half marathon on Sunday. I´ll just be eating a lot, hidrating and stretching for the next two days. I´m feeling good but we´ll see how it goes on the day. Target time: 1hr 26mins 59secs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 leibniz

Hi Mark:

Just thought I'd say hello. I'm from Canada but am currently in Bogota and getting ready for the Media Maraton. I've been here for a month, so I'm hoping that it's been long enough to acclimatize. I'm an old man at 47, and my estimated time is 1:50.

I did a full 5k last week, maintaining a 5:00 pace, but I don't think I am going to try to maintain that for the full 21.1. I'm going to try and start at about 5:30 (as space permits) and then gradually try to stay consistent at 5:15, unless there is enough excitement to help me maintain a 5:00 pace.

This will be the biggest race I've ever run. Until now, the biggest half that I have run consisted of about 700 people, so I'm expecting it to be a mele. But hopefully a memorable one.

I doubt we could hook up even to say hello, with about 14k people running in the half.

Just thought I would say hello, hope your training went well, and good luck in the race.

Regards,
    Bill

BTW, they gave me #7109 for the run. I'm in the red group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭Bambaata

best of luck to the two of you

Thanks Bambaata!

Hey Mark - (or anyone else) - do you know if we get medals for finishing the race? I would have thought so, but I don't see anything on the website about it, and that's a lot of medals. Still, it would be nice...

Thanks!

leibniz wrote: »
    Hi Mark:

Just thought I'd say hello. I'm from Canada but am currently in Bogota and getting ready for the Media Maraton. I've been here for a month, so I'm hoping that it's been long enough to acclimatize. I'm an old man at 47, and my estimated time is 1:50.

I did a full 5k last week, maintaining a 5:00 pace, but I don't think I am going to try to maintain that for the full 21.1. I'm going to try and start at about 5:30 (as space permits) and then gradually try to stay consistent at 5:15, unless there is enough excitement to help me maintain a 5:00 pace.

This will be the biggest race I've ever run. Until now, the biggest half that I have run consisted of about 700 people, so I'm expecting it to be a mele. But hopefully a memorable one.

I doubt we could hook up even to say hello, with about 14k people running in the half.

Just thought I would say hello, hope your training went well, and good luck in the race.

Regards,
    Bill

BTW, they gave me #7109 for the run. I'm in the red group.

Best of luck Bill. It should be a great day alright. I heard up to 50,000 people between the two races (10k and half). Might be a slow enough start. I´m in the blue zone #4314. Unlikely we´ll see each other!

Thanks Bambaata!

Hey Mark - (or anyone else) - do you know if we get medals for finishing the race? I would have thought so, but I don't see anything on the website about it, and that's a lot of medals. Still, it would be nice...

Thanks!

Yep, medals at the end (Parque Simon Bolivar)

• Advertisement

I´ve been sick for the last day or so now. Off to the doctor in a few minutes and I´ll see how it´s going for tomorrow. Right now I couldn´t run a kilometre:(

I´ve been sick for the last day or so now. Off to the doctor in a few minutes and I´ll see how it´s going for tomorrow. Right now I couldn´t run a kilometre:(

Dang - sorry to hear that. Hopefully it's nothing that will hurt your time too much. Rest up, eat lots of fruit and pasta, and get a good nights sleep.

Re: medals. Sweet. The other thing that bugged me that seemed to be missing was that pasta dinner tonight. I didn't plan on going - but I also don't see anything on the site about it (other than it is happening) and there was nothing in my kit about it. Maybe I by-passed that option when I registered and then forgot, I dunno....

Hey I was thinking... you may see me there... Given that most of the non-elite racers are probably Colombians, I may stick out, since I am 6'1", have long black hair with a pony tail, and will be wearing my white tech t-shirt with CANADA on the back. I'm going to try and hang around near the front of the Red pack.

Elbow to elbw for 21k. Not sure how I'll make out with that, since I don't like crowds (yeah I know - strange place to be for someone who doesn't like crowds). :) I expect I will adjust my pace as soon as I can, so as to get some running room for myself. Hopefully I won't be sandwiched in for more than 5 or 10 minutes.

I've never had one of these ChamionChips before. Looks like the white side faces out, and the blue side faces in. Is that right? Does it matter?

Hope you get feeling better today. Let me know how you make out at the doctor...

Bill

Sorry to hear that your sick another world. Not sure if ya raced today, if ya didn't don't worry there's plenty of other races..

Wow! That was a tough race...

Mark, how did you make out?

Sorry to hear that your sick another world. Not sure if ya raced today, if ya didn't don't worry there's plenty of other races..

Managed to run in the end. Thanks...

Wow! That was a tough race...

Mark, how did you make out?

Very tough!! Pretty warm as well. Writing up a race report now. What time did you make it home in?

• Advertisement

Media Maraton de Bogotá

Well, the preperation for this over the last two days probably couldn´t have been worse. Got sick thursday night and only got back to normality this morning when I woke up, but I still didn´t feel myself. I also didn´t get to carb load due to the nature of the problem (doctors orders).

Morning of the race:

Got up at 6am, and at 7 I had a few slices of bread and a hot chocolate. Not much but I prefer it that way. We arrived at Plaza Bolívar (the start) at 9am, left the girlfriend because she couldn´t get any closer to the start and started a light warm up. Noticed a very Irish looking bloke there (with Ireland written on his t-shirt) so had a chat with him for a good half hour. Then another slight warm up and I realised there were only 10 mins to the start.

The Race:

I was a bit far back at the start and this is when things started to go bad! The organizers had the great idea to squeeze 5000 people through 3 small gates. So, obvious pushing and abuse started. I had to push a few people back :o to eventually get out about 5 minutes after the people who were running with a 2hr10mins target (they started from a different point). Pretty shocked to see so many people in front of me and the pacer for 2hrs10mins way ahead of me (I was meant to be running with the 1hr30min pacer!). This screwed me up and I stupidly went flying off to try and catch the pacer (I never did). Here are the splits I had:

4km: 15:58
    8km: 32:12
    10km: 40:57
    14km: 59:01
    17km: 1hr13mins30
    19km: 1hr23mins26
    21.1km: 1hr34mins47

Yep, I screwed up with the first half of the race and then the second half I could barely feel my legs, even debated walking a bit! Thankfully, I didn´t, but I did get passed by a lot of people (some a lot lot older than me) over the last 5km. Kind of depressing.

Anyway, it´s over now, many lessons learned. Moving on to the next half on 20 September. Even paced run, I hope!

Ps. Official chip time will be out in a while and I´ll hop that up then.

Media Maraton de Bogotá

Well, the preperation for this over the last two days probably couldn´t have been worse. Got sick thursday night and only got back to normality this morning when I woke up, but I still didn´t feel myself. I also didn´t get to carb load due to the nature of the problem (doctors orders).

Morning of the race:

Got up at 6am, and at 7 I had a few slices of bread and a hot chocolate. Not much but I prefer it that way. We arrived at Plaza Bolívar (the start) at 9am, left the girlfriend because she couldn´t get any closer to the start and started a light warm up. Noticed a very Irish looking bloke there (with Ireland written on his t-shirt) so had a chat with him for a good half hour. Then another slight warm up and I realised there were only 10 mins to the start.

The Race:

I was a bit far back at the start and this is when things started to go bad! The organizers had the great idea to squeeze 5000 people through 3 small gates. So, obvious pushing and abuse started. I had to push a few people back :o to eventually get out about 5 minutes after the people who were running with a 2hr10mins target (they started from a different point). Pretty shocked to see so many people in front of me and the pacer for 2hrs10mins way ahead of me (I was meant to be running with the 1hr30min pacer!). This screwed me up and I stupidly went flying off to try and catch the pacer (I never did). Here are the splits I had:

Yep, I screwed up with the first half of the race and then the second half I could barely feel my legs, even debated walking a bit! Thankfully, I didn´t, but I did get passed by a lot of people (some a lot lot older than me) over the last 5km. Kind of depressing.

Anyway, it´s over now, many lessons learned. Moving on to the next half on 20 September. Even paced run, I hope!

Ps. Official chip time will be out in a while and I´ll hop that up then.

Firstly glad to hear ure feeling better+well done on getting thru ure first half,cannot have been easy with being sick lately+the heat.

As you say, it looks like you over-compensated in first half of race. Take the lessons learned+keep the training tipping away.U are in great form in training at moment+ with 7 more weeks a great half time is on cards!

1:34 is a great time!

I was nearer to the front when the pushing started. Really, the pack must have been 90% rookies and amateurs to still maintain that mentality of wanting to push near the front. Anyways, I eventually got pushed through, and when I I just got around the corner to the real starting post, the gun went off. So my net time was only a few minutes shorter than gun time.

The only thing that really burned me (besides the sun) was that while in Plaza de Bolivar, my damn Garmin couldn't find any satellites. I was .4k (at least 10 minutes since it started searching) into the race when they finally got aquired, so at least from there I could monitor my pace.

I may have started off a bit fast (even though I only started off at a 5:00 pace) since I just didn't seem to have the energy to put in a good effort. Either that, or the altitude and smog got to me more than I expected. It felt a lot tougher than the 22k I did a few weeks ago.

Anyway, here's what the web site has for me:

No. Competencia: 7109
    Tiempo chip:
    01:59:11
    Posición General:
    Posición en la Categoría: 1286

I have my Garmin data, but I cant' load it into my computer (business machine.) It's not something spectacular anyway. Given the 13k+ people, I guess I'll take that time as ok for me.

I just had nothing left coming to the finish. That said, as soon as I saw the clock click over to 2:00:00, I picked it up to try and get my net time below that. Probably less than 100 yards though.

All in all, I thought it was a good race. I was happy with the water stations. Considering the number of people around me all the time, I never had any problem grabbing water.

My Garmin shows 1:56, but since I missed the first .4k, it's probaly going to be a little short, even though I tried to compensate after the finish line.

My next race will be a full maration on Sept. 13, back home. Hopefully the return to normal altutude (477m ASL) will aid in my training over the next month, and in that race.

My feet really took a beating. Much more than usual. Lots of blisters, blood blisters, and red toes from either cuts, or broken blood blisters. Yuch.

Anyway, thanks for the update and congratulations on a great race!

Bill

PS. The web site agrees with your timing system.

No. Competencia: 4314
    Tiempo chip: 01:34:50
    Posición General: 736
    Posición en la Categoría: 346

Well done!

PS. The web site agrees with your timing system.

No. Competencia: 4314
    Tiempo chip: 01:34:50
    Posición General: 736
    Posición en la Categoría: 346

Well done!

Thanks. Just realised it wasn´t opening in Mozilla Firefox but opens in Explorar...

• Advertisement

1:34 is a great time!

I was nearer to the front when the pushing started. Really, the pack must have been 90% rookies and amateurs to still maintain that mentality of wanting to push near the front. Anyways, I eventually got pushed through, and when I I just got around the corner to the real starting post, the gun went off. So my net time was only a few minutes shorter than gun time.

The only thing that really burned me (besides the sun) was that while in Plaza de Bolivar, my damn Garmin couldn't find any satellites. I was .4k (at least 10 minutes since it started searching) into the race when they finally got aquired, so at least from there I could monitor my pace.

I may have started off a bit fast (even though I only started off at a 5:00 pace) since I just didn't seem to have the energy to put in a good effort. Either that, or the altitude and smog got to me more than I expected. It felt a lot tougher than the 22k I did a few weeks ago.

Anyway, here's what the web site has for me:

No. Competencia: 7109
    Tiempo chip:
    01:59:11
    Posición General:
    Posición en la Categoría: 1286

I have my Garmin data, but I cant' load it into my computer (business machine.) It's not something spectacular anyway. Given the 13k+ people, I guess I'll take that time as ok for me.

I just had nothing left coming to the finish. That said, as soon as I saw the clock click over to 2:00:00, I picked it up to try and get my net time below that. Probably less than 100 yards though.

All in all, I thought it was a good race. I was happy with the water stations. Considering the number of people around me all the time, I never had any problem grabbing water.

My Garmin shows 1:56, but since I missed the first .4k, it's probaly going to be a little short, even though I tried to compensate after the finish line.

My next race will be a full maration on Sept. 13, back home. Hopefully the return to normal altutude (477m ASL) will aid in my training over the next month, and in that race.

My feet really took a beating. Much more than usual. Lots of blisters, blood blisters, and red toes from either cuts, or broken blood blisters. Yuch.

Anyway, thanks for the update and congratulations on a great race!

Bill

Great running and congrats on the sub 2hrs, I bet you were nervous towards the end!!

The pushing etc seems to be a colombian thing tbh. Queing is not something they´re good at :rolleyes: I had to push a tiny bit because I would have been the last one out otherwise!

After about 5km I thought it all went pretty smoothly (apart from the running) no pushing or anything but before that I was weaving in and out of everyone, wasting a lot of energy.

My feet took a beating as well. The heat didn´t help there either.

Overall a good race.

Best of luck in the marathon. I can´t even fathom doing one of them!

Firstly glad to hear ure feeling better+well done on getting thru ure first half,cannot have been easy with being sick lately+the heat.

As you say, it looks like you over-compensated in first half of race. Take the lessons learned+keep the training tipping away.U are in great form in training at moment+ with 7 more weeks a great half time is on cards!

Cheers. I´ll do up a plan for the 7 weeks or so tomorrow. Hills, longer runs, bigger mileage and longer tempo runs will be the base of it.

Great running and congrats on the sub 2hrs, I bet you were nervous towards the end!!
    Thanks, and yeah, I was. At about 4k out, I was looking at my Garmin and thinking I may not make 2 hr. I just seemed to drop pace and not notice.

Anyway, another race done.

If you are ever browsing near http://www.beginnertriathlete.org/ you might want to stop in and check it out. It's full of advertisements (which I hate) but it's a good place to keep track of your training logs and races.

Continued success with your next races... see you around cyberspace.

Bill

Mon: 6.5km (5:58min/km)

Tue: 4.5km (6:26min/km)

Very very tight. I´ll try for a 10k run tomorrow.

Yeah, my break will be similar. Maybe down to 30/35km per week. Tergat mentioned something about it being important to keep something going atleast.

Very tight now after the race. I could barely walk down the stairs this morning :eek: but I have managed two runs since the race. I probably only have two more races this year. Half-marathon 20/9 and then another one in October at some stage. After that there are very few races over here. I´d love to run a 5 or 10k race but I don´t see any about...

Would be worried about losing fitness altire like with zero running, would take a while i'd say to get back to where we were :o
    Are you back in ireland in meantime, there may be a 5miler you could pick-out?

Ya thinking of marathon training next year then (its at the back of mind at moment...hoping it might go away)

Would be worried about losing fitness altire like with zero running, would take a while i'd say to get back to where we were :o
    Are you back in ireland in meantime, there may be a 5miler you could pick-out?

Ya thinking of marathon training next year then (its at the back of mind at moment...hoping it might go away)

It´s always there at the back of the mind isn´t it! Trying not to run a marathon for a while but DCM next year sounds pretty tempting.
    Can´t get back until next year unfortunately, I hear there is very little work so at least over here I can live pretty good for a while and then I´ll face the reality of looking for work next summer when it might be a bit better. I couldn´t face it in the winter!

It´s always there at the back of the mind isn´t it! Trying not to run a marathon for a while but DCM next year sounds pretty tempting.
    Can´t get back until next year unfortunately, I hear there is very little work so at least over here I can live pretty good for a while and then I´ll face the reality of looking for work next summer when it might be a bit better. I couldn´t face it in the winter!

DCM sounds like something good to aim for, would love to do Cork myself. Will decide after the 15miler race in October i'd say.

Things are pretty bad here alrite, company I work for now on a 4 day week+ two lads left go today as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭asimonov

Media Maraton de Bogotá

Morning of the race:

The Race:

I was going to say hard luck anotherworld but then i read the title of your training log - so its a well done on hitting your target with 13 seconds to spare :). Its sounds like a bit of a challenging setup to run in though. On the bright side, you've banked your training and can move on from here for the next one. Onwards and upwards...

asimonov wrote: »
    I was going to say hard luck anotherworld but then i read the title of your training log - so its a well done on hitting your target with 13 seconds to spare :). Its sounds like a bit of a challenging setup to run in though. On the bright side, you've banked your training and can move on from here for the next one. Onwards and upwards...

Thanks. The target was probably a bit weak compared to the other times so I´m a bit dissapointed overall. On the up side, as you said, I have a good base of training done so I can move on from there.

Wed: 5km (5:32min/km)

Thurs: 11km (4:21min/km)

Weekly Total: 48.1km/29.9 miles

Surprised I managed to get so much done this week (I know it´s only thursday but my weekend starts today:)). The recovery from the race really benefited from doing the few 5k recovery runs and then on todays run I felt better than ever and had to hold myself back a bit. Have 3 days off now because of a trip and then I´ll be back on monday and straight into some serious training for the next race.

• Advertisement

Mon: 22km LSR (8:04min/mile)

This run felt pretty tough, not helped by having the previous 3 days off. My knees were feeling a bit sore throughout which is probably because I did the run in new runners or/and the terrain was a bit bumpy. I might revert to my old runners every second day for the next while.

Definitely need to work on drinking while running. I sweat an awful lot so I think I should be drinking every 3/4 kms, today I took my first drink at the 15km mark when I was already quite dehidrated. Best bet is probably a drinking belt, so I´ll look into that this week.

Tue: 7km RR (8:31 min/mile)

Nice and easy. Core strenght and stretching afterwards.

Wed: 11km (7:00 min/mile)

Felt good. It turned into a bit of a tempo run in the end, middle part was far faster than the first km and last 3kms. Starting to squeeze these runs in between giving english classes whereas before I was doing nothing of importance, so I can feel guilt free for spending so much time running :)

Thurs: 14k (8:18min/mile)

Tough enough run today. Threw in a few hills in the middle so the last few kms felt pretty tough. Need to get strong on these hills because the next race is all about the hills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

Thurs: 14k (8:18min/mile)

Tough enough run today. Threw in a few hills in the middle so the last few kms felt pretty tough. Need to get strong on these hills because the next race is all about the hills.

lol, i played tennis for 45 minutes today and it exhausted me. Where are you doing these runs btw? - hope its in a safe part of the city! Is it that park in the centre that you were talking about?

lol, i played tennis for 45 minutes today and it exhausted me. Where are you doing these runs btw? - hope its in a safe part of the city! Is it that park in the centre that you were talking about?

All over the place, but I found a new park now (no lake to go around lol) but perfect for running. So, when are you going to join the running brigade????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

All over the place, but I found a new park now (no lake to go around lol) but perfect for running. So, when are you going to join the running brigade????

stupid%20question.jpg

Fri: 6k (8:33min/mile)

Weekly Total: 60km/37.3miles

Happy with this weeks running. Only 5 days in total as I won´t be able to get out tomorrow. Next week I hope to up the mileage a bit and maybe run all 7 days (obviously taking it a bit easier on a few of the days). Off climbing till Sunday so tomorrow isn´t exactly a rest day :o

Fri: 6k (8:33min/mile)

Weekly Total: 60km/37.3miles

Happy with this weeks running. Only 5 days in total as I won´t be able to get out tomorrow. Next week I hope to up the mileage a bit and maybe run all 7 days (obviously taking it a bit easier on a few of the days). Off climbing till Sunday so tomorrow isn´t exactly a rest day :o

nice mileage this week, considering half marathon wasn't too long ago, its good going...

• Advertisement

nice mileage this week, considering half marathon wasn't too long ago, its good going...

Cheers. It´s feeling pretty comfortable as well. The plan is to up it a bit more this week without speedwork, and then maintain that for a while gradually bringing in the speedwork. From everything I´ve read, it seems important to be almost doing marathon training in order to run a good half-marathon. I´m somewhere inbetween...

Sun: 11km (9:34min/mile)

Slow enough today but should of been faster as I had to run on the spot a few times throughout and forgot to stop my watch. LSR tomorrow and I´m strangely looking forward to it :eek:

Mon: 23.5k LSR (8:28min/mile)

This felt pretty tough today, have no idea why I was looking forward to it! My legs still aren´t strong enough for this distance but gradually getting there I guess. I was in a bit of pain towards the end but the speed felt grand and I barely even sweated throughout it all and the breathing was fine as well. Definitely, at my limit in terms of distance for my legs and hips. First time over 2hrs in one run so I´m happy with that.

Next two days will be 7k per day, tomorrow easy and the day after a bit harder, then back to something a bit faster...

Tue: 7k RR (8:52min/mile)

Just read Hunnymonsters great report on the 100 mile challenge and this 7k feels like nothing now!

Wed: 7.7k (7:38min/mile) Finished up with 3 * 150m (22.14s, 21.94s, 20.25s)

Thurs: 12k (7:22min/mile)

Wednesdays run was tough but felt great to do a few sprints afterwards. Todays run was good pushed it pretty fast in the middle and it felt comfortable enough in the end.

Fri: 9.9k Forgot my watch do no idea what pace I was going at. Felt okish.

Weekly Total: 72.1km/44.8miles

I increased the mileage this week and it felt ok but not exactly comfortable (I don´t know how marathon runners can maintain this!!!!). Just squeezing in time for the runs is hard enough. I have a few small aches and pains, mainly from the long run at the start of the week but nothing to worry about really. Two days off now, well, to be more precise, one day climbing and one day of a hangover :o

Next week, SPEED!

• Advertisement

Mon: 11.5k (8:10min/mile)

Nice run to get me ready for the week ahead. Was a bit worried about my knee because I hit it against a wall while climbing on saturday, strangely enough it was sore at the start and then it got better after a bit and now it feels fine! Stretched and did some strenghtening excercises (squats, lower back flexs, and a few others) to finish up.

LSR tomorrow.

Tue: 20k LSR (8:21min/mile)

Felt a lot better than last weeks run, but it was shorter I guess. I chose a route with plenty of hills, seem to be getting better at them, although they were getting pretty hard towards the end!

After the half-marathon I´m definitely getting back to 10k and less races. These long distances are seriously tough mentally and physically, especially when your training alone. I´ll have to search out a training partner next year if I go for a full marathon.

Wed: 6.5km (9:19min/mile)

Thurs: 11km Tempo/Interval

Not really sure what you´d call this run. I did:

2.2k to warm up, 3.3k at 5:57min/mile pace, 1.1k easy, 3.3k at 5:51min/mile pace, and 1.1k to warm down.

Pace was pretty fast but not unbearable, in fact it felt very nice to be going at a decent speed for a change (I´ve been getting the mileage in but not the speed). First paced run was tough going and I almost thought about leaving it at that, then convinced myself on the easy lap to go again and it felt fine, infact easier than the first one despite going faster. I was wrecked at the end although :p

These long distances are seriously tough mentally and physically, especially when your training alone. I´ll have to search out a training partner next year if I go for a full marathon.

I'd def recommend this for your long runs, last few weeks I've found someone to do long runs with and they go by much easier with somone running with ya, ye both keep each other going like.

Fri: 11.5k (untimed)

Weekly Total: 60.5km/37.6miles

Very relaxing run today. I´m going to "forget" my watch more often on these easy runs.

Rest day tomorrow. On Sunday I´m going to run the half-marathon route as my LSR and see how it feels. Should be able to get a good feel for what sort of time I can aim for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement