Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Longboard recommondations

Options
  • 28-05-2009 7:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Looking into purchasing a longboard, mainly for cruising. Wondering whats the best models out there - sector9, landyachtz, flexdex or which kinda trucks, bearings (diff's bwt abec 5, 7 or 11), wheels? (guessing preferably soft)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭wreckless

well,

we can get you al the santa cruz long boards and cruisers, also the beautiful lush longboards , all models and the new 2009 range.

prices well cheaper than any place in ireland, especially dooblin ;)

bearings, the higher the number, the better the spec. abec is an engineers rating. wheels, softer, more grippier, but a tad slower, then harder, faster but less grip, generally longboard wheels are large diameter, so the roll good and fast anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Just about abec...
    That rating is for machines that are turning ~30K RPM, with a skateboard, you're not very likely to get to those speeds, ever.

Simplest version of this is found here: http://www.ntn.ca/abec_truth.htm
    There's plently of other sights that get into this in greater detail.

Bones claim to make the best bearings and rate them with a skate rating instead of the usual abec dribble.
    But the best out there would have to be Rock'n Ron's Ceramic Rockets Super Precision.
    Can't buy them in Ireland as far as i know.
    I have skated them once, they are much faster than Bones Ceramics, which is insane, they are ment to last longer and they are also cheaper.
    Best bearing on the market.
    BUT
    I wouldn't advice you to get them as first bearings, you'll probably kill yourself.
    Bones Reds are the best for begginers IMO. Fast, fun and durable.

Happy rollin'.

Edit: Forgot to link to the bearings.
    http://www.a51.ca/bearings.html

@Wreckless, get some in stock. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 funcycle21

definitely stay away from sector9, unless you never want to get anywhere on time. It's the walmart of longboards, complete rubbish, imo

• Registered Users Posts: 36 newbie7

Cheers for the feedback.

Sector 9, thought they were a pretty decent board.

Now im able to get my hands on a pressure drop rd-42 with used randals and s9 gos wheels. Now dont know too much about longboard - been first time buyer, but seems a pretty ok setup from googling it.

Advertisement