Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The **WANTED** Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭ford 5600

Pat Hinch in Tullamore. Yeah, yeah, you're in Mayo, but still, Pat Hinch, in Tullamore. :)

+ 1 on Pat Hinch. If he hasn't one , you wont get one anywhere. Does vulcanising cuts in tyres if that's what happened your old one, maybe its agey though, in which case you are better putting the money into a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭Stavros Murphy

ford 5600 wrote: »
    + 1 on Pat Hinch. If he hasn't one , you wont get one anywhere. Does vulcanising cuts in tyres if that's what happened your old one, maybe its agey though, in which case you are better putting the money into a new one.

Hard to pass Pat for heavy-grade tyres. Good lads to deal with too. Tyres got seriously spendy in the last few years too. Shame no-one stocked up when they were cheap!

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭joto

Pat Hinch in Tullamore. Yeah, yeah, you're in Mayo, but still, Pat Hinch, in Tullamore. :)

Thanks for that I'll ring him tomorrow. I'd travel anywhere at this stage!
    The tyre is old and can't be repaired so I'm stuck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

Hi, anyone know of a place that stocks HD30 oil near Kenmare? Or suggest an alternative oil? Would a 10W30 multi grade oil suffice? It's for a Fergie 35, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

SAE30 is commonly used in Briggs and Stratton lawnmowers, most good hire shops will carry 4 litre packs of it.
    don't use 10w30 multigrade isn't suitable for engines that need 30w oil.
    I know Southcoast Motorcycles in Skibbereen have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,218 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Try mick king on 087-6899772 .

CJhaughey wrote: »
    SAE30 is commonly used in Briggs and Stratton lawnmowers, most good hire shops will carry 4 litre packs of it.
    don't use 10w30 multigrade isn't suitable for engines that need 30w oil.
    I know Southcoast Motorcycles in Skibbereen have it.

Thanks, but is HD30 the same as sae30? I don't think so, I think it has a high detergent content. I've been doing a bit of reading on this in the last 24 hours, and a lot of people have suggested that 15w40 for diesels will do the same job.
    Oil classifications hurt my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

roadsmart wrote: »
    Thanks, but is HD30 the same as sae30? I don't think so, I think it has a high detergent content. I've been doing a bit of reading on this in the last 24 hours, and a lot of people have suggested that 15w40 for diesels will do the same job.
    Oil classifications hurt my brain.
    Its the same thing, detergency wasn't even an issue when SAE30 oils came into being.
    HD 30 stands for Heavy Duty, its a monograde oil 30 designed for hot conditions and arduous duty like air cooled mowers etc.
    Usually in warmer climates than here but if your engine is specced to run straight 30 then thats the stuff to use.

Much obliged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Suckler

I picked up a Matbro Teleram 40, needs a bit of tidying up. Anyone have one they are breaking or know of one? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

Hi all,I am looking for a zetor tractor or other tractor that needs a bit of work,for 2,000 to 2,500k.thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭ynotonavillus

Hi.

I am reassembling the engine in my L200 which I took apart last July, I have mislaid a batch of bolts and am stuck for some which mainly relate to the waterpump, and other bits on the front end.

The bolts seem to be of many different lengths easiest way would be to strip down from an engine which is already on its way to scrapyard...

Does anyone have a knackered engine hanging around ?

Near Cork ideally..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Attie

Suckler wrote: »
    I picked up a Matbro Teleram 40, needs a bit of tidying up. Anyone have one they are breaking or know of one? Thanks.

Suckler I have one which I bought recently she needed a few things tided up, got the parts Alexander Mills in Benburb.
    If ringing ask for Fred as he knows these machines inside out.
    I have discovered lots of parts obsolete what sort of parts do you need.
    Iv'e been lucky my machine is in great order, put the slave cylinders on her also bushings in the lift arm and head stock.
    Not the easiest thing to start on a cold morning.

Did you try Conaty http://www.kells-on-line.com/conat.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Espoo

Hey lads

Lookin for a grading bucket for a massey 50D digger? Anyone know where I'll get one?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

what size pins are they??

Im pretty sure i have one here

joto wrote: »
    Trying to find second hand tyre for my Jcb 3C mark 3 for the last few weeks with no luck.
    It's a 16.9x28 12 ply.
    Anybody any suggestions as to where I could find one? I've tried donedeal, etc...

Pm me there…. ill give you a number for a fellow who will deffo have one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

anyone have an idea where I could go about finding parts for a Leyland (clutch)

anyone have an idea where I could go about finding parts for a Leyland (clutch)

What model?? Whats needed?? Im in the uk here if its any help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Leyland 270
    needs a few other bits...hyd oil filter on back aswel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,410 ✭✭✭have2flushtwice

Hi, im looking for parts for a cx36 mini digger, its a case, 1996, wit a blade, and steel tracks. I need a cap for a hydraulic cylinder under the floor. It has four allen keys holding the cap on, the cap is flat, parallel with the floor plate. There is one pipe going into the top of it, from the tank, and three, i tink, coming out the side. The outlets go to the tracks.il try attach a pic in a seperate post.
    Thanks.

• Advertisement

Herds the pics, i put a bit of resin on with little faith!

Herds the pics, i put a bit of resin on with little faith!

Heres the pic

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

Looking for drive shaft for '01 d4d toyota avensis, would prefer new but beggars can't be choosers. Tried local breakers. Found a left hand side one on ebay, but need the right hand side as well. Anybody know where to get them? Thanks

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

blue5000 wrote: »
    Looking for drive shaft for '01 d4d toyota avensis, would prefer new but beggars can't be choosers. Tried local breakers. Found a left hand side one on ebay, but need the right hand side as well. Anybody know where to get them? Thanks

www.toyotaownersclubirl.com

Not sure if this is allowed but lads i have two rammer in8's for sale and some atlas copco cobra petrol jack hammers for sale. Would any of ye be interested in them?

Mods: please delete if this is against charter

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭John J. Lyons

seamus1980 wrote: »
    Hi all,I am looking for a zetor tractor or other tractor that needs a bit of work,for 2,000 to 2,500k.thanks all

I have a 6911 Zetor needing brakes , running very well with power steering, €1500

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭Surfn

Wanted hitachi ex60-5 or zx70, with long dipper and on 600mm tracks
    good tight clean machine wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 1 thomashegarty

hi im based in galway county does anyone know where I can buy two pack paint for tractor restoration fairly local if poss

• Registered Users Posts: 2,884 ✭✭✭101sean

Thomas

Moved your post, you'd resurrected an old thread.

Are you sure you want 2 pack, it's hazardous stuff to use? Any decent motor factor will mix it on the premises but a lot of agri spares places and co-ops sell tractor enamel ready mixed.

• Advertisement

looking for a 135 restoration project

Advertisement