Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there anywhere I can complain about a landlord and/or agent?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

They weren't great to deal with while I was there but it was when I left that they really became a pain. They've accused me of giving a false address re money due and said they were reporting me to the police when they'd mis-spelt my new address. They then accused me of re-entering the house while the new tenant was there and moving things round. And they wanted to charge me the cost of furniture that had been removed with their permission that they'd forgotten about. I had to dig out 2 year old emails to prove my case. They didn't even apologise. But most frustratingly is the fact that they have my mail and I can't get it.

Is there anywhere I can complain about them?!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

The PRTB is the place to go. All landlords are required to be registered with them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭Jo King

If someone has your mail, go to the Guards. It is a criminal offence for a person to retain mail which does not belong to them.

Advertisement