Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy Singles - has anyone used them - are they any good?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Roofing a shed at the moment , looking at coverings, Easy Singles - has anyone used them - are they any good?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Not used them, although personally I'm not sure cheese slices would be the best roof covering.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I suspect (!) the OP meant Easy Shingles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭USER X

Easy Singles? I noticed on the Irish Roofing Felts Website they have spelt it like this once but TBH I think its a typo, they are called Easy Shingles. I dont think they would be appropriate for a shed.

Do you know what type of wood is used in the roof of the shed? If its chipboard, you should change it for ply wood as its much stronger and if chipboard gets wet, it just falls to pieces. Once you know the roof is solid in its construction, theres two options I would recommend. The first and best is to use Torch-on felt. Use underlay and a top felt. As these need a blow torch and can be tricky to work with if youve never done it before, you may want to consider the second option. The second option is to use Nail-on felt which is very simple to fit as you just measure up and cut lengths of it which you then lie across the roof and nail into the sides of the roof. The lengths should overlap eachother by at least 4 inches.

Advertisement