Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anyone got their voting cards yet?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 10:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

I haven't got mine yet and I'm getting worried with the elections so close. Has anyone got theirs?

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Just got mine yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Yep will start a fire with them later ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Also yesterday. Even if it doesn't arrive you can show up on the day with appropriate ID. If you are not sure where to go contact your local council and ask them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Just got mine yesterday.

I thought you live in London, no?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Nope. Sunny Westport.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

My details still cannot be found on www.checktheregister.ie nor have i received a voting card despite sending in the forms for the supplementary register around May 7th.

Does this mean i'm not on the register to vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I would contact the local authority you registered with. There is no guarantee that the register has been updated with anyone on the supplementary register. Even though I am registered it usually takes me a few goes to match my name. It must match exactly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

mike65 wrote: »
    Yep will start a fire with them later ;)

I'll take it.
    gurramok wrote: »
    My details still cannot be found on www.checktheregister.ie nor have i received a voting card despite sending in the forms for the supplementary register around May 7th.

Does this mean i'm not on the register to vote?

That site is rubbish. The link for Dublin didn't have my road! Or anywhere near it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Works great for Offaly, I'm guessing it depends on the council responsible for the area putting in the locations or something.

Live in the middle of no place and it is on it fine. Dublin is a little bigger of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Got someone elses :-/

Ex tennant I guess who hasn't updated their location. Mine arrives at the parents house. It probably has arrived. Definitely registered anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

No cards here yet.

I'm in Dublin South and I do not appear on the online register but they say I am on it when I rang them. The amount of junk mail that I have gotten from the Political parties also tells me that I am on it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Check it as i have not received my polling card yet and the name is there slightly relieved!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭SeanW

I'm on the register, (checked less than a month ago) but have not recieved a card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Saabdub

All household cards received in Kildare south this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Koloman

Got them 2 days ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭CRAIG07

i got mine yesterday , pity i will be in turkey:D on polling day :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Got mine yesterday, in Offaly

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

None here, but others around the place got it.

Rang DCC, they say i'm on it and said the register has not been updated since Feb, fyi DCC residents :)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Haven't got it yet but am on the register.

• Advertisement

Got mine today. However one of my friends only registered 3 or 4 days before the closing date, and he has not received a polling card. Im pretty sure if you just go up with id they will tick you off the list. Its what my mother always did.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Meath West arrived in today's post.

You can still go and vote without a polling card, as long as your name is on the electoral roll. Just bring your driving licence/passport to the polling station that has been assigned to your area, they are listed in the local papers this week.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

my parents got theirs today. Too bad I can't get one :rolleyes:

dave-higgz wrote: »
    my parents got theirs today. Too bad I can't get one :rolleyes:

Shush now little one, the big people are talking about something important.... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Mine came yesterday. As did my parent's and my brother's. The brother's in Australia and I doubt the parents will use the vote.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭dave-higgz

nesf wrote: »
    Shush now little one, the big people are talking about something important.... ;)

oi, 17 next month! I'm not far off, I was canvassing with George Lee today, I'm hardly a little one, Lee said I'd pass for a college student :pac:

oi, 17 next month! I'm not far off, I was canvassing with George Lee today, I'm hardly a little one, Lee said I'd pass for a college student :pac:

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Belfast

got me last week. house mate is still waiting for his. He is on the supplementary list. He registered about 2 month ago.

Maybe if you asked nice enough George would sort you out with a polling card ;)

Oh wait ... hes not Fianna Fail, tough luck :pac:

• Advertisement

Got my voting card today when i got home, at least the council has been efficient this time :)

Advertisement