Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ridiculous theory test questions

• 28-05-2009 11:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys

First ever thread started! :-)

Apologies if this has been done before, I did a search.
    But anyway, I have a full BW license, but am looking to get on a bike soon.

I've booked my category A license theory test (6th June) and as such have gone back to the books.

Well, the Cd's, not the books. I've just been doing practise tests.

I have to say, there are a number of very stupid, vague or ambiguous questions in the database.
    Not to mention some questions that are just worded ridiculously altogether.

I can't think of many off the top of my head as I'm on my break in work but has anyone else noticed any of these questions?

One that I don't think is worded very well at all is
    "From which direction do you enter a roundabout"

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

The direction you'd enter a roundabout will change depending on what direction you're travelling...?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Pedro K

To somebody waiting to come on the roundabout, ie. at the next exit over, you are entering from their right.

To somebody going around the roundabout, you are entering from their left.

If the question was accompanied with a diagram showing where you are looking at your car from, then the question would be more understandable.

I just think it's worded badly. And it's not the only one.

Also, there are a lot of questions about first aid etc.

If I arrive at an accident and someone is hurt, I will ring the ambulance. I'm not qualified to do any first aid and am liable to have my ass sued if I try and feck it up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭UpTheSlashers

I agree with the op, there were a few questions at which i burst out laughing at in the test centre.
    Technically your entering FROM the right, but I think the answer is left?
    There is one question, who do you contact if you are involved in an accident with a visiting uninsured motorist, one of the options is "the department of Foreign Affairs", none of the options are the gardai or ambulance services

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

The ones I didn't like were crap about overhanging loads and red flags. :S
    Luckily the test is just common sense for the most part.

• Advertisement
Advertisement