Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo DS lite €99.99 Xtravision

• 28-05-2009 12:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭

In the Herald AM this morning - €99.99 + €20 worth of vouchers*. Doesn't seem to be on the website yet.

*small print says 'in denominations of €2'

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

olaola wrote: »
    In the Herald AM this morning - €99.99 + €20 worth of vouchers*. Doesn't seem to be on the website yet.

*small print says 'in denominations of €2'

I got 70 quid worth of XV vouchers in 2 euros before. Ragin. Decent deal though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

That sounds like a good deal thanks,
    I had a look at the nintendo website and there are 3 types of ds's i don't have a clue about these can anyone tell me the difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

There is the DS - which is the 1st Gen
    DS lite, same functionality as 1st Gen more or less, but smaller & neater.
    DSi - 3rd gen, has camera and recording functionality and a few more bells and whistles.

I have DS lite, find it great - and if you get an R4DS, happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Two questions:

1. Does anybody know of a better offer at the moment ?

2. Where is best {price and speed} to get a R4?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS

There is the DS - which is the 1st Gen
    DS lite, same functionality as 1st Gen more or less, but smaller & neater.
    DSi - 3rd gen, has camera and recording functionality and a few more bells and whistles.

I have DS lite, find it great - and if you get an R4DS, happy days!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    Two questions:

1. Does anybody know of a better offer at the moment ?

2. Where is best {price and speed} to get a R4?

I think you can get a used DS Lite for €80 from some of the gaming shops (Game, Smyths etc)
    Not sure if they are refurbed or not.

• Advertisement

The ones in Game & GameStop for 80 are 2nd hand traded in one, not even refurd's. Don't know about Smiths but there 169 on thier site IIRC.

johnp wrote: »
    I think you can get a used DS Lite for 80 from some of the gaming shops (Game, Smyths etc)
    Not sure if they are refurbed or not.

Just check Thomas St and got the guy working there to ring 5 other stores and there is only three left in total across the 5 stores.

But there all Pink one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

There are XVs all over the gaff - I find the Inchicore one great for stock. Give them a shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭messrs

XV in lenoards corner does be good to get it in 2, give them a ring and the will hold if for a few hours for u , 4540451

Just to clarify my last post.
    The sales guy working in Thomas Street rang Lenoards Corner, Swords and a few other store and they was only ~3 pink in total available over ALL of the store he called.

e.g.
    Lenoards Corner had 1 pink .
    Swords had 2 pink.
    There are XVs all over the gaff - I find the Inchicore one great for stock. Give them a shout.
    messrs wrote: »
    XV in lenoards corner does be good to get it in 2, give them a ring and the will hold if for a few hours for u , 4540451

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 strombone

Thanks OP. Asked in Westside Galway at lunchtime today if they had any left. They had at one at 99.99 (black/no bundled game) and a few "starter packs" of the DS Lite with Brain Training Game (or variant) for €115. Took one of those in black. Happy out. That was the last black one, but there were red and light-blue versions of the starter pack available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Is this offer still up in xtravision?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭FredH3as

Denisoftus wrote: »
    Is this offer still up in xtravision?

Did you look on the website/ring/walk in and ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

This post has deal on R4 cards: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055666675
    You can get them off Dealextreme as well, good prices once you get genuine cards, delivery can take a while though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

The original makers of the R4 stopped production a good while back, what is out there now, clones and various other set ups using the R4 name.

For the original DS, I would recommend the DSTT, price/performance is great value. Stocked by Deal Extreme.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭TriStar6

DealExtreme also sell a mix of real and clone DSTT's, I received a clone from then which started acting up and they replaced it with a real one which has been fine.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

FredH3as wrote: »
    Did you look on the website/ring/walk in and ask?

Just did and got one in Dalkey, last one. Still have some bondles left but they are going for 116.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Flowertot

got a pink one in waterford today:D:D, theres a good few left (especially turquoise)

the vouchers are 5 x €2 off rental of ds games and 5 x €2 off purchase of used ds games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19506

For people looking to get refurbished, works out at 60ish euro from dealextreme. The reviews seem positive, and DX are normally good about returns if it turns out to be faulty.

They have it in about 19 different colours / special editions too.

Advertisement