Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Watcher Anyone?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

Does anyone know of an online service that'll 'watch' an internet page for me and notify me when changes are made?

My college posts assignment results on a particular webpage, but isn't the best at letting us know that the results have been posted. I was hoping I could find an online gadgety-doo that might keep an eye on the page for me and save me having to to it all the time. There are a few downloadable programmes out there but I don't leave my computer on all the time so it wouldn't really work.

Now, what would be particularly useful would be something that would run on a Symbian phone, but that's just being a little too hopeful I think.

Any help would be appreciated. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Did you check and see if the website has an RSS feed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

Google 'page change notifier' for these tools.

Note many of these might not work on certain types of pages like when they're outputted from database.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

cpu-dude wrote: »
    Did you check and see if the website has an RSS feed?

Good suggestion but it doesn't have an RSS feed. It's just a regular page where they fire up PDF documents with the results listed.

I'll try the other two suggestion though. Thanks a million folks!!

Advertisement