Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Cobra Group

• 28-05-2009 12:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭

I'm pissed off.

I got a job interview with a promotions company, delighted. Then my bro told me to Google Cobra Group, so I did. They're some sorta scam, I'm so pissed off.

Anyways, my interview is at 2.15 :D
    So obviously I won't show up, so I'm guessing they're gonna ring me.

What should I say? I wanna piss them off.

I'm thinking when they ring I'll answer and say 'sorry I'm having a bit of a **** could ya ring back in five minutes', hang up and do this for as many times as they ring back!

But I'm sure After Hours can help me do one better!

So ideas? What should I say?! :cool:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

You should turn up.

Only wear one shoe. Have your fly undone and be quite obviously drunk.

Start singing rebel songs at inappopriate times during the interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    You should turn up.

Only wear one shoe. Have your fly undone and be quite obviously drunk.

I would but I've left it too late! Jesus that's a good idea.

I might try and reschedule it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Go to the interview and pretent to be a pirate, yyyyyaaaaarrrrrrr.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

AnonoBoy wrote: »

When exactly would be an appropriate time to sing a rebel song during an interview? :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

A scam you say. Turn up dressed as a garda.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭kittensoft1984

They wont ring you. I had an interview for them before and I never turned up...never heard from them at all!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Scien wrote: »
    Take a shit load of speed and go to the interview.

It's all outta speed but I do have about three grams of caffeine tablets!
    Mask wrote: »
    Go to the interview and pretent to be a pirate, yyyyyaaaaarrrrrrr.

That could be good, or I get my nephews Indiana Jones hat and whip? And keep singing the theme song when she stops talking.
    Ponster wrote: »
    When exactly would be an appropriate time to sing a rebel song during an interview? :)

All of it! Just go in, sing four or five rebal songs and walk out. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Go and every time they ask a question say. I dunno? Then ask them the same question.

Whats your name?
    I dunno whats your name?

• Advertisement

Aodan83 wrote: »
    A scam you say. Turn up dressed as a garda.

I would if I could. I do have a security outfit but it wouldn't be to the same avail!
    They wont ring you. I had an interview for them before and I never turned up...never heard from them at all!!

I'm gonna ring them!!!
    Scien wrote: »
    When interviewing for an IRA army council secretarial position.

:P

Mask wrote: »
    Go and every time they ask a question say. I dunno? Then ask them the same question.

Whats your name?
    I dunno whats your name?

YEASHH!

I'm gonna ring them if they don't ring me, tell them I'm having a **** and reschedule for tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭delllat

keep saying what
    make them repeat every question at least 4 times

its infuryiating ,especially if you do it well because they wont know youre taking the piss and wont want to offendyou in case your slightly disabled

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

You've an interview with these guys?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Organization

I say turn up ffs!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Go to the interview with an actual Python in a box.

Bask in the glory of the attempt at being ironic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭the_dark_side

If you are sure its a scam, ring up and rearrange for another interview if you cant make todays one. Then, on the day of the interview fit yourself with hidden camera and mic which you can get here Then do an undercover report with one of the papers. It will be the start of an investigative journalist career for you. You could possibly sell your story too :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Damnit .stupid group..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Group_(Marketing)

I wouldn't mind of those cults that promote casual sex etc :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,193 ✭✭✭Turd Ferguson

Hate to break it to you but its not a scam. I used to work for them and I made quite alot of money doing so (about 500-600 euro a week).

Hate to break it to you but its not a scam. I used to work for them and I made quite alot of money doing so (about 500-600 euro a week).

Would you mind typing a detailed post? It'd be very helpful.

Damnit .stupid group..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cobra_Group_(Marketing)

I wouldn't mind of those cults that promote casual sex etc :)

There's no U in clit!
    If you are sure its a scam, ring up and rearrange for another interview if you cant make todays one. Then, on the day of the interview fit yourself with hidden camera and mic which you can get here Then do an undercover report with one of the papers. It will be the start of an investigative journalist career for you. You could possibly sell your story too :D

Damn straight. Mr Veronica Mars Guerrin :P
    connundrum wrote: »
    Go to the interview with an actual Python in a box.

Bask in the glory of the attempt at being ironic.

Reminds me of the Ed Byrne slating Alanas Moroisette!

• Advertisement

Its a direct sales company. I dunno what stuff they're doing now but I was going door to door selling eircom phone watch (yes, its one of those). It's alot of hard work and long hours but as I said you can make sh*tloads of cash doing it. AFAIK they do stuff with sky tv and some insurence company too.
    Door to door gets alot of bad press but I can honestly say it was one of the most fun jobs I've ever done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,464 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Its a direct sales company. I dunno what stuff they're doing now but I was going door to door selling eircom phone watch (yes, its one of those). It's alot of hard work and long hours but as I said you can make sh*tloads of cash doing it. AFAIK they do stuff with sky tv and some insurence company too.
    Door to door gets alot of bad press but I can honestly say it was one of the most fun jobs I've ever done.

Why?
    Were you shagging all the stay at home mums while their hubbies were off working real jobs? ;)

If so sign me up. :pac:

Why?
    Were you shagging all the stay at home mums while their hubbies were off working real jobs? ;)

If so sign me up. :pac:

Well there were a few "situations" like that ;)
    But usually we would go out to an area in a group of about 6 or 8 and then work in pairs going around so there were alot of games and just general f*cking about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I just Googled Turd Ferguson and it turns out he's a scam. Boy am I mad at all the time I invested in our friendship. :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,651 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

This thread is a scam. Turns out when you post you automatically join the Scientologists.

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I just Googled Turd Ferguson and it turns out he's a scam. Boy am I mad at all the time I invested in our friendship. :mad:

I am not a scam, that's crazy talk

BTW, Earthhorse's a/c number: 215645612354 and sort code 87-43-12
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Get this printed on a T-shirt and go to the interview!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Ponster wrote: »

If you were interviewing to get into The Wolfe Tones?

6th wrote: »

Cool link :-D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Sir, I need to know where I can get some business hammocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Cobra Kai
    Cobra Command
    Cobra Group

Wow, they're really trying to not sound evil with that name!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

FunkZ wrote: »
    I'm gonna ring them if they don't ring me, tell them I'm having a **** and reschedule for tomorrow.
    At least you'll be telling them the truth!
    Well there were a few "situations" like that ;)
    I think I can speak for everyone here......MORE DETAILS PLEASE!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

I attended meetings (and still do) that I am a bit weary of.
    I record the meetings by use of various devices I have in my possession.
    For most people though in cases like this, I would suggest a voice activated dictaphone pocket recorder.
    Not a common thing for most to have but an item that could be borrowed from a friend if sought hard enough.

Such recordings have saved by neck in the past, provided further evidence of wrong doing and just used to see that justice be done.

If you feel OP that this meeting your attending is a scam, I'd suggest you report it to the proper authorities.

(As for me, I go, record it, switch my phone into silent mode and pretend to nervously play with it (hell, you know the interview is a scam anyway) and take their pics at an opportune time. I'd also got outside and if possible take pictures of their cars, even if it meant waiting for them to come out. Pics with car registration numbers are very useful to the gardi! - I ALWAYS travel with a Panasonic FZ8 camera which by the way, if a camera has video record function, that means it can record sound too if it has a built in mic! Handy too or what! Just before you go into your meeting for example, turn it on to record. You will get no picture but it will record the audio of the meeting from your pocket!)

Link fail :rolleyes:

Quick edit your post and fix the link in the quote! no one needs to know! I fixed my link already. ;)

Now to try again ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

6th wrote: »
    Now to try again ......

Thought I'd put you out of your misery: http://tinyurl.com/56x4fk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Biggins wrote: »
    I attended meetings (and still do) that I am a bit weary of.
    I record the meetings by use of various devices I have in my possession.
    For most people though in cases like this, I would suggest a voice activated dictaphone pocket recorder.
    Not a common thing for most to have but an item that could be borrowed from a friend if sought hard enough.

Such recordings have saved by neck in the past, provided further evidence of wrong doing and just used to see that justice be done.

If you feel OP that this meeting your attending is a scam, I'd suggest you report it to the proper authorities.

(As for me, I go, record it, switch my phone into silent mode and pretend to nervously play with it (hell, you know the interview is a scam anyway) and take their pics at an opportune time. I'd also got outside and if possible take pictures of their cars, even if it meant waiting for them to come out. Pics with car registration numbers are very useful to the gardi! - I ALWAYS travel with a Panasonic FZ8 camera which by the way, if a camera has video record function, that means it can record sound too if it has a built in mic! Handy too or what! Just before you go into your meeting for example, turn it no to record. You will get on picture but it will record the audio of the meeting from your pocket!)

Admit it Biggins you are The_Citizen!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Miss the interview and then ring them up all pissed off and say

You : "Hey I waited at place A and no one showed up!"

Them : "No the meeting was at place B!"

You : "My bad, can we re schedule"

Them :"OK"

Miss the next one ring them up again

You : "Hey I waited at place C and no one showed up!"

Them : "No the meeting was at place B!"

You : "My bad, can we re schedule"

Them :"OK"

Repeat as long as it makes you laugh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭anti chris-t

it
    did you work on leeson street?

I worked with them for a couple of years. The money wasnt great but it was brilliant craic and i got basic knowledge on how to run a sales team which helped me when i moved on but i would'nt change my time there for the world

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭irishvamp90

how is it a scam??

• Advertisement

how is it a scam??

you're on a self employment basis contract so they dont pay you a basic wage so the only money you make is the commission on your sales so if you dont sell you dont get paid which can be a bitch.

They also have a management programme and they say if you do x,y and z( not getting into the details now) you can run an office and make heaps of money.

They are also big into brain washing people and getting them to believe that cobra is the only way you will ever make good money in your life.

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=746852
    Its an interesting read made up mostly of former cobra employees. Theres tonnes of other threads about them as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Snaaaaaaaakeeyes!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,420 ✭✭✭Lollipops23

no way,i had an interview with a company associated with the Cobra Group today!!!so annoyed if they turn out to be a scam:(

no way,i had an interview with a company associated with the Cobra Group today!!!so annoyed if they turn out to be a scam:(
    what were they called and where was the office?

it
    did you work on leeson street?

I worked with them for a couple of years. The money wasnt great but it was brilliant craic and i got basic knowledge on how to run a sales team which helped me when i moved on but i would'nt change my time there for the world

Indeed it was. It is an awesome place to work, if even for a short while. Because it is a self employment situation the money is as much as the work you put in. Some weeks you could get very little and other weeks you could rake it in, so you need to be able to put up with the bad to get the good.

what were they called and where was the office?

XR marketing in Dun Loighaire?

XR marketing in Dun Loighaire?

Not a scam. Was the guy that interviewd you kinda fat and very very very very hyper?

Not a scam. Was the guy that interviewd you kinda fat and very very very very hyper?

a lil bit:o but also came across very friendly and up for the craic.that's why i'd be so disappointed if it was a scam!

Nah its not. The job itself isnt for everyone, as I said it is alot of hard work but if you like talking to people then you'd do fine and it is rewarding

Nah its not. The job itself isnt for everyone, as I said it is alot of hard work but if you like talking to people then you'd do fine and it is rewarding

cheers man, seriously. put my overworked and not-at-all-paid mind at ease!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement