Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frank Trigg signs 4 fight deal with UFC

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

All I have to say is why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,803 ✭✭✭dunkamania

I know, I double checked the calendar to make sure it wasnt April fools

• Closed Accounts Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Jason Mc

old twinkle toes is a a b level fighter at best I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Am I the only one who wants to see the end result if he fights Alves :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 swaaaa

first fight could well be matt hughes! they have some history that could help hype the fight!

• Advertisement

speaking of matt hughes, i think he is the forgotten man.

i dont think hes past it, lost to gsp, no shame, lost to alves while injured and alves was way over the weight, ring rusty against serra

he could well make a new run for gsp, and gsp wouldnt be as greased as an italian mobser this time

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭bjj-fighter

swaaaa wrote: »
    he could well make a new run for gsp, and gsp wouldnt be as greased as an italian mobser this time

Joking yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,192 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

swaaaa wrote: »
    first fight could well be matt hughes! they have some history that could help hype the fight!

His first fight will be v Josh Koscheck.

I really don't get this one. He's never been a top level fighter. And it doesnt matter who he fights, it wont be exciting.

He could have a fight with his missus and STILL lose by Rear Naked Choke!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

I like Trigg a lot. He might not be top 5 in the world, but he isn't that far removed from the top 10 - 20. He lost to GSP and Hughes twice, Sakurai, Condit and Lawler - no slouches there.
    He's beaten Mayhem Miller, Vitale, Misaki in the last few years. I wouldn't rule him out against Koscheck at all.

not a fan of koscheck,come to think of it im not a fan of trigg either,hope the fight is cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

I imagine one of his fights will be Matt Hughes last. Hughes will get to try and choke him again in front of his home town before he hangs up the gloves.

The reason Trigg is being brought in his because he can sell a fight, and in the eyes of a lot of people he would be a perfect Gate Keeper for WW as it is unlikely someone like Hughes will be around for the new up and comers. Trigg will ending up losing to about 2 or 3 of them while Rogan and Goldie remind us all how amazing he used to be.

Advertisement