Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish football this weekend+ May 28,29,30

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

stovelid wrote: »
    Not happy at all about a section of the crowd booing off Rovers at the end of the match tonight.

Absolutely agree here. There was one tool beside me was clapping and when he heard a few people booing he started to boo. Some people are just sheep.

The match itself was a shocker. A mate was complaining about the back 4 just hoofing the ball forward all the time but I don't think they had much choice. The midfield never once showed for the ball in particular Cameron who I am loosing all feelings for as the games go by. Shocking player and hasn't contributed anything. Rice was very quite, O'Connor never got going. Tiger gave a bit of spark on the right when he came on and I think its time Amond got more time on the park. Lovely touch and can use the ball well.

As for their goal well I do think Murphy could have come out a lot quicker and gotten it but once he backed off Price had plenty of time to clear it but didn't. Silly mistake by both.

Lastly back to the booing crowd. You have no place at a Rovers game!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

iregk wrote: »

Lastly back to the booing crowd. You have no place at a Rovers game!

What a load. People are entitled to boo a poor performance if they wish. They are most certainly entitled if it another poor home performance in a short space of time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

gimmick wrote: »
    What a load. People are entitled to boo a poor performance if they wish.

I support my team. I'd never boo them off at the end of a match. Some people do and yes they are entitled but in my opinion they are not real fans. They can go and f**k off. If your not going to get behind your team and encourage them then p*ss off out of the stadium.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

gimmick wrote: »
    What a load. People are entitled to boo a poor performance if they wish. They are most certainly entitled if it another poor home performance in a short space of time.

It's counter-effective. As pointed out, Rovers are not doing badly this season there just seems to be a quixotic difference between some of the home and away results which clearly needs to be remedied. I'm not sure how turning home matches into intimidating fixtures for your own players will help matters.

Only thing that would ever bug me is real lack of effort on the pitch: not being fourth in the division with some decent results.

Rovers should have won on Saturday. Aidan obviously didn't want to put it out for a corner or throw-in so far up at that stage of the game, and Baz didn't claim it. It happens. Booing is hardly going to get his head right for tonight.

As said: frustration yes, booing no.

Advertisement