Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sealed lead acid battery

Options

Comments

Looks similar to an electric fence battery, but I dont have the specs for one on me. If it is you will get one in a hardware/farm supply store like McDonaghs or somewhere out side the city (not woddies or B&Q I would imagine)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭DD67

Maplins properly do them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Electrical shops that would have UPS parts. Try the computer shops too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,853 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

DD67 wrote: »
    Maplins properly do them.

Definitely on their website anyway

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?moduleno=27088

They usually have most items in Wellpark

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

It looks very similar to a house alarm battery if thats any help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭bloo

Thanks all for the replies. I tried McDonoghs but they didnt have the right ones there. The guy there recommended an electrical wholesaler down the road which had them in stock so am all sorted now.

I had seen them on the Maplin website but thought id see if anywhere had them cheaper and im glad i did. I got a 12v 7ah battery for 18 euro from the shop in Ballybane, I called into Maplin on the way home and saw that they had virtually the same one there but with the Maplin brand name on it which they were selling for 42 euro!

Advertisement