Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Libertas

Options
  • 28-05-2009 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

There are numerous posts relating to libertas here but I beleive I need to open up a seperate one to concentrate on the central question:

Libertas - What is their (hidden) agenda ?

I've added the obvious hidden to make my point, i.e. are they really a voice for democratic ideals in a less-than-perfect democratic EU, purporting to represent the rights of all?

I've come up with various answers to the above question:

1 - Ganley created Libertas as an extension of his own ego; a hobby to keep himself amused. It's true to say that a lot of ego-centric people get involved in politics as it provides the perfect platform for ego massaging.

2 - He's really a mole from the CIA fulfilling Dick Cheney's ideology that the USA must remain the worlds only superpower.

Discuss

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Climber wrote: »
    Libertas - What is their (hidden) agenda ?

Nobody knows - it's hidden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭turgon

Maybe power for powers sake? I wouldnt say its for the "good of democracy" or anything that they say they are about.

Libertas are probably like all groups who praise democracy - they are only for it when it achieves the results they want it to achieve.

For example if a democratic referendum legalised abortion, I would imagine they would still be out protesting against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭conchubhar1

no minifesto - no vote

also havent seen any of their members canvassing in my area - their site is utterly useless in the sense it attacks and does not inform . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ionix5891

another libertas thread :pac:

they say all publicity is good publicity, so please keep that in mind

as for your question why not ask Declan or his "followers" next time they come knocking on the door or harrasing people on shop streets, if I guy cant answer a simple question then he shouldn't be in politics

if they have nothing to hide then why not disclose where the money came from last year? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭slippy wicket

Libertas = Neo-fascist agenda with il duce ganley at its head.

They show contempt for the political process, unless it is working in their favor.
    They are not to be trusted.

During any debate, discussion and debate is the last thing on their minds, all they do is lie, and if they are confronted, all they do is repeat their lie in a louder voice until they shout people down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement