Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

128th FA CUP FINAL: EVERTON FC vs CHELSEA FC

• 28-05-2009 2:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭

sellotanta sports from 9am & ITV 1pm 30/05

The 4th most successful team in England lock horns with money bags Chelsea.

Regarding the Everton team, it more or less picks itself at this stage, the only dilemma DM faces is whether to put Saha up front or use the Fellaini/Cahill role if he goes for the latter then there could be place for the wonder kid Jack Rodwell in the center of midfield.

No idea on the Chelsea team...! and I'm sure DM or the Everton lads couldn't give 2 hoots either.

all comments and match discussion right here folk.

I hope its a more evenly contested game than last night...:rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

When is the game?

Would love to see Everton win to cap off a great season but i think Chelsea will

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

nuxxx wrote: »
    When is the game?

Would love to see Everton win to cap off a great season but i think Chelsea will

Sat 3.00pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Hopefully Chelsea will cut loose here and bag a few and give Guus a good sendoff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

2-0 after a Drogba brace for Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

despite some of the cr*p posted in the moyes thread, i still want an everton win. the team and the manager deserve it.

but i fancy chelsea. drogba, then a late one from anelka.

2-0.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I think Chelsea will win this easy easyily enough!

3-0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Be very surprised if Chelsea win this by 2 or 3 goals.

the people saying that Chelsea will win 2:0 / 3:0 are prob the same ones who said Man U would beat Barca 3:0 4:0..:rolleyes:

Chelsea no doubt have the players but they have yet to beat Everton this season and one thing that you can guarantee is that Everton won't go and roll over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

would love to see everton do it considering they put out pool and utd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 132 ✭✭Bongomc

legs11 wrote: »
    .the people saying that Chelsea will win 2:0 / 3:0 are prob the same ones who said Man U would beat Barca 3:0 4:0..:rolleyes:

What's wrong with making the assumption that a full strength chelsea team will win comfortably ? Utds 2nd string team should have beat Everton in the semi-final so I can't see anything other than a easy win for chelsea.

TBH United's second string side would have given Barca a better game last night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 722 ✭✭✭busted flush

Ok , to be fair here on paper, man for man chelsea are red hot favs, but football is played on grass on paper! Im a life long Evertonian and though my heart says Everton sadly my brain is telling me chelsea. I hope my heart wins out.

but football is played on grass on paper!
    :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,018 ✭✭✭Barr

Should be a good game - cant see Chelsea losing although after last nites game the result may be suprising.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

I'd love to see Everton win this. I think David Moyes deserves a trophy for his efforts with Everton, particular in this FA Cup run. That said, I think Chelsea will win. They've been really good under Hiddink, and I having failed in the other competitions, they'll want to win it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

the people saying that Chelsea will win 2:0 / 3:0 are prob the same ones who said Man U would beat Barca 3:0 4:0..:rolleyes:

um, no.

any neutral fan in that game knew it was a coin flip. the fact is, chelsea are a better team, hence why they're odds will be shorter, hence why more people will go for them to win it.

it's not a slight on everton, it's a matter of probability given the class of the two teams.

everton win this game maybe three times out of 10.

again, i hope you win though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭thegen

Really hope Everton do it.

On paper Chelsea would win this and there would be no need for Everton to even turn up. But FA Cups probably more so than any other event don't normally go as planned.

It all depends on the day and who performs and what team is most fired up, I'm sure Everton will be more than fired up and the supporters in the semi vs Man U were like an extra man.

Might be a bit biased but the last time Everton beat fulham was in 1966, and we all know what happened then, also teams in away colour's don't normally win on final days, as Man U will testify.

I fancy Tim Cahill as an anytime scorer, he is due a goal and will be lurking behind fellaini on them set pieces waiting to nick it in the bud...

:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

Bongomc wrote: »
    What's wrong with making the assumption that a full strength chelsea team will win comfortably ? Utds 2nd string team should have beat Everton in the semi-final so I can't see anything other than a easy win for chelsea.
    A full strength Chelsea failed to be beat pretty much the same Everton team in Stamford Bridge that played in the semi only three days later, this when Chelsea still had outside league aspirations.

You obviously follow things closely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Was 0-0 in both prem matches this season i think..Wont be a easy one by any means...Chelsea will edge it but just about...Win by a goal margin id say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Anyone here get tickets? I hear no tickets were made to any fan clubs in Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

hope Everton get smashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

Anyone here get tickets? I hear no tickets were made to any fan clubs in Ireland?

An Everton fanclub in Ireland got some. A small amount but some.

Mr Alan wrote: »

at least they have a chance of silverware this season. yet another bitter post from a sad sad man.

i'm sure you wish well for the local rivals of the team you support when it comes to finals etc :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

i'm sure you wish well for the local rivals of the team you support when it comes to finals etc :confused:

I wouldn't expect it any other way. Thats the nature of football. ;)

exacly. some people obviously struggle with that idea.

if Everton win, I'll be the first to congratulate them, Utd fans can attest to this, but every ounce of my being wants them to be hammered on Saturday.

fortunately they don't get to any ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

Lads,
    Can any neutrals give me a first time goalscorer?
    I've a freebet with Boylesports after Rooney left his legs in Manchester the other night.
    Cheers boys

Im not neutral...:pac:

But do you think anyone knows the first scorer, do we have Nostradamus written on our shirts..:rolleyes:

It could be anyone.

FWIW my monies would be on Tim Cahill

• Advertisement

+1

If my team got beaten by a weakened arch rivals team in the cup and they went onto the final, id also want them to get wellied, so I can see where your coming from..;)

Im not neutral...:pac:

But do you think anyone knows the first scorer, do we have Nostradamus written on our shirts..:rolleyes:

It could be anyone.

FWIW my monies would be on Tim Cahill

Ok well thats all I wanted was opinions,
    I dont follow these two teams and not really familiar with their players or who's in form and might have a good chance of scoring.

Tim Cahill nice at 10/1,
    Anyone else got a tip or agree with this?

if you have a free bet on first goal scorer, your best bet would be a Chelsea player as they are favourites & rightfully so.

They will also be mighty fired up for this game as it is their last under Hiddink.

They are also used to the size of the occassion unlike Everton, who i expect will be more worried about not conceding while they get to grips at the start of the game, them not being used to playing games of such magnitude very often.

Wat Maloudas odds?

Obivously Drogba or Anelka would be the best bet, but the odds may not make it worth while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

COYB we can do this.

1-0 Everton with Pienaar to play in Cahill =]

if you have a free bet on first goal scorer, your best bet would be a Chelsea player as they are favourites & rightfully so.

They will also be mighty fired up for this game as it is their last under Hiddink.

They are also used to the size of the occassion unlike Everton, who i expect will be more worried about not conceding while they get to grips at the start of the game, them not being used to playing games of such magnitude very often.

Wat Maloudas odds?

Obivously Drogba or Anelka would be the best bet, but the odds may not make it worth while.

Take no notice of this man, he is suffering from no trophy's syndrome, popular end of season aliment amongst Liverpool fans.

Cahill first scorer is a perfectly reasonable bet, an outstanding bet is Man Of the Match for Phil Neville

a tasty 17/1

He has been there and done that, and Chelsea have not scored against Everton this season, which seems to escape a lot of people here for some reason. maybe them glasses are too thick?

• Advertisement

Cahill isn't a bad bet if a goal comes for Everton, he is the most likely.

Chelsea taking the lead is far more likely though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Take no notice of this man, he is suffering from no trophy's syndrome, popular end of season aliment amongst Liverpool fans.

Cahill first scorer is a perfectly reasonable bet, an outstanding bet is Man Of the Match for Phil Neville

a tasty 17/1

He has been there and done that, and Chelsea have not scored against Everton this season, which seems to escape a lot of people here for some reason. maybe them glasses are too thick?
    You should get a support group going with these Liverpool fans so, You's have been suffering for years. Waiting since 95, no?

CHD wrote: »
    You should get a support group going with these Liverpool fans so, You's have been suffering for years. Waiting since 95, no?

Everton are still a more successful club than Chelsea despite their money.

I think you would do well to watch some Chelsea games in the 80s and see how many cars were parked behind the goal at the bridge then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Everton are still a more successful club than Chelsea despite their money.

I think you would do well to watch some Chelsea games in the 80s and see how many cars were parked behind the goal at the bridge then
    Early 90's too there was cars there wasn't there, at least we havn't been waiting to win a trophy since the 90's.

Ok thanks lads €20 on Cahill score first
    Sorted, also would like to root for the Underdogs
    Also Timmay rhymes with Jimmay so :p ok I'm being stupid

Beverage on me if he does the job!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Play nice or I'll be taking the ball off yis.

Unless I'm very much mistaken, the two teams playing this weekend are Everton and Chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

sellotanta sports from 9am & ITV 1pm 30/05

The 4th most successful team in England lock horns with money bags Chelsea.

Regarding the Everton team, it more or less picks itself at this stage, the only dilemma DM faces is whether to put Saha up front or use the Fellaini/Cahill role if he goes for the latter then there could be place for the wonder kid Jack Rodwell in the center of midfield.

No idea on the Chelsea team...! and I'm sure DM or the Everton lads couldn't give 2 hoots either.

all comments and match discussion right here folk.

I hope its a more evenly contested game than last night...:rolleyes:

It's interesting that you claim Everton to be the 4th most successful team in England. They have 24 trophy wins. Aston villa have 22.
    9 of Everton's wins are the Community Shield compared to one at Aston Villa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭dannydiamond

Everton are so gonna get spanked tomorrow,and I'm going to guess by quite a margin too.

4-1 Chelsea.

Chelsea to win 3-0/4-0 imo!I have Chelsea at (-2) @ 6/1!!C'mon Chelsea, make me some €€€€€€!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Despite the emergence of Legs11 recently, I still want Everton to win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Wat Maloudas odds?

I guess your still bitter over the 4th round? It'll be on DVD for you soon.Yobo and Lescott have more than enough to keep those quiet. The match should be a lot tighter than people think.
    You were not born obviously and shouldn't you be studying for junior cert exams?

Chill dude! it's fa cup final day! :)

COYB!

JPA wrote: »
    It's interesting that you claim Everton to be the 4th most successful team in England. They have 24 trophy wins. Aston villa have 22.
    9 of Everton's wins are the Community Shield compared to one at Aston Villa.

Oh Dea.r A Vila supporter now, Villa suporter's are up there with the deluded supporters of Newcastle United.

If your team do manage to actually win anything of note this decade you can start your own post, now hop along to discuss tactics and the shortcomings of MON on the Villa forum.

Mods: This is supposed to be a thread for people to discuss the FA Cup game, I really think that some posters here are no more than 20

Oh Dea.r A Vila supporter now, Villa suporter's are up there with the deluded supporters of Newcastle United.

If your team do manage to actually win anything of note this decade you can start your own post, now hop along to discuss tactics and the shortcomings of MON on the Villa forum.

Mods: This is supposed to be a thread for people to discuss the FA Cup game, I really think that some posters here are no more than 20

I think you are giving Everton fans a bad name with your hidious posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

My money is on Jolean Lescott to score first and a 1-1 after 90 mins. After that I dunno...hope the toffees do it tho, long overdue a trophy.

With the weather and conditions a draw is a possibility.

I hope Amanda Holden Buzzzzzes of Chelsea....

• Advertisement
Advertisement