Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

128th FA CUP FINAL: EVERTON FC vs CHELSEA FC

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

eagle eye wrote: »
    The multi million pound team just too good for Everton. One note on the game, a lot less acting from Drogba today.

Still a bit though, the one they showed at half time of him getting up from a lie doen, hobbling around then breaking into a sprint when it looked like something was on was the most obvious one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

can't argue with the result, too many Everton players underperformed most noticable Tim Cahill and Fellanin

the best performers were the fans and Piennear

Just no competition with the gulf between the sides, 400million squad vs 90 odd million.

And Everton should be commended for even getting this far in the first place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I was just looking there at Moyes going around shaking hands with all the Chelsea players. My heart goes out to the man, a fantastic manager.

I just thought there and then, you could see the look of respect on all the Chelsea players faces when he was shaking hands with them. It just got me thinking.............

I'll say no more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I'm happy for Hiddink because he's a wonderful coach and a nice guy. It's just a pity he presides over a team of despicable goons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

Aidric wrote: »
    I'm happy for Hiddink because he's a wonderful coach and a nice guy. It's just a pity he presides over a team of despicable goons.
    +1 !

This about sums up the behemoth squad of Chelsea FC after winning the FA CUP

"The champagne is flowing - and it's gone in Jose Bosingwa's eyes. He doesn't like that one little bit. Cheer up love, you've just won the FA Cup."

AWWW, my hearts bleeds for him and his 200k a week...should we call paramedics..

And anyone slating Everton should have a good look in the mirror and see that its all about the money now.

Saha's missed header was the pivotal monent, as the next goal was always likely to win

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

I bet Lord Triesman is happy with that result - It's a disgrace, a disgrace...a f@!$%@? disgra...oh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭V9

Delighted! Absolutely delighted!! Delighted for Guus, delighted for the lads, DELIGHTED!

LOL @ Essien robbin a camera from behind the goal and goin mad with it.

Celebrations!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Congrats to Chelsea, They deserved it. Money really was the difference.
    Too many everton players got lost in the occasion. Lescott was at fault for both goals.

I'm heartbroken :(

We'll be back next year no doubt with more than 16 senior players i hope.

Everton forever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Enough of the petty sniping at each other.

Knock it on the head now

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

LOL bitterness.

CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS! CHAMPIONS!

Woooooooo.

Unlucky Everton. Moyes deserves something.

Thank You Guus

Worst thing that could have happened to Everton was scoring so early.

Chelsea always looked like scoring, I thought they retained possession superbly and made Everton do all of the running.

Nice way for Guus to sign off, he is a very decent man and a fantastic coach.

legs11 wrote: »
    +1 !

This about sums up the behemoth squad of Chelsea FC after winning the FA CUP

"The champagne is flowing - and it's gone in Jose Bosingwa's eyes. He doesn't like that one little bit. Cheer up love, you've just won the FA Cup."

AWWW, my hearts bleeds for him and his 200k a week...should we call paramedics..

And anyone slating Everton should have a good look in the mirror and see that its all about the money now.

Saha's missed header was the pivotal monent, as the next goal was always likely to win
    What are you on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

Chelsea always looked like scoring, I thought they retained possession superbly and made Everton do all of the running.

Nice way for Guus to sign off, he is a very decent man and a fantastic coach.

it wasn't so much they retained possession, but they used what they had more effectively. Everton really struggled to get into Chelea's third, whereas Chelsea found themselves able to stroll into Everton's at times.

that wasn't a great Chelsea performance, they wasted a lot of chances, but it was better than Everton's. It's a pity Everton never really posed a real threat. I thought, given Fellaini's ability to hold up the ball, he should have been playing higher up the pitch. As for Saha's header, I dunno how he missed the target. That was a better chance than all the goals.

Pienaar's a great little player, very good on the ball, but he really needs to work hard at his final ball. He really lacks composure in the opposition half and overhits a lot of his passes. I know most people would come away thinking he had a great game, but he really disappointed me with how many moves broke down due to his poor passing.

Cahill looked crocked by the end of the game. Shouldn't have been left on i thought.

Didier-Drogba-FA-Cup-final-goal_2312418.jpg
    Didier-Drogba-celeb-FA-Cup-final_2312413.jpg
    Frank-Lampard-kiss-FA-Cup-final_2312459.jpg
    Guus-Hiddink-Ray-Wilkins-FA-Cup-final-embrace_2312482.jpg
    John-Terry-Frank-Lampard-lift-FA-Cup_2312486.jpg
    Ray-Wilkins-Guus-Hiddink-FA-Cup_2312490.jpg
    Chelsea-FA-Cup-winners-2009_2312496.jpg

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭craiginireland

Have to agree with you there. As soon as i stopped celebrating i realised we had woken them up and they would take the came to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Everton fan here, good game and congrats to chelsea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

It wasn't really the best of finals, but they rarely are these days. I'm sure the heat was a factor, of course. (Kris Boyd came off at half time in the Scottish Cup final because he said it was too hot to play football :rolleyes:)
    Chelsea deserved it, pretty much dominated the game, which could be seen in the last few minutes when Everton just couldn't get the ball off them to try to mount last ditch attacks.
    In fairness to Everton, they can't afford to be without the likes of Arteta when it comes to a final like this. They did really well to get here in the first place. Bringing Liverpool back to Goodison and then beating Villa and Utd before having to face Chelsea in a final that was just one step too far.
    Absolutely delighted for Hiddink. He deserves it and has done a fantastic job there. It's just a pity Drogba has a winners medal from today.

monkey9 wrote: »
    It wasn't really the best of finals, but they rarely are these days. I'm sure the heat was a factor, of course. (Kris Boyd came off at half time in the Scottish Cup final because he said it was too hot to play football :rolleyes:)
    Chelsea deserved it, pretty much dominated the game, which could be seen in the last few minutes when Everton just couldn't get the ball off them to try to mount last ditch attacks.
    In fairness to Everton, they can't afford to be without the likes of Arteta when it comes to a final like this. They did really well to get here in the first place. Bringing Liverpool back to Goodison and then beating Villa and Utd before having to face Chelsea in a final that was just one step too far.
    Absolutely delighted for Hiddink. He deserves it and has done a fantastic job there. It's just a pity Drogba has a winners medal from today.
    Its a pity that Drogba having a medal gets to you. Sad tbh.

He scored today, scored the winner against Arsenal, Scored against Coventry.

Fully deserves his medal.

• Advertisement

CHD wrote: »
    Its a pity that Drogba having a medal gets to you. Sad tbh.

He scored today, scored the winner against Arsenal, Scored against Coventry.

Fully deserves his medal.

You support Chelsea so you're obviously gonna defend him, fair enough. He's quality, that's not in doubt. But as someone pointed out, today he pretends he's injured and then as soon as he's sees a chance he's sprinting! Diving is one thing, but what's with all this rolling around and limping and going off for treatment in every match and rolling on and off pitches??
    Look, i just don't respect him. He has great talent, but is an absolute joke. I don't wanna get into this cos you're not gonna change my opinion on him and i'm sure i won't change yours. And sure what's the point, your team won the FA Cup today!!
    Well done to Chelsea to enjoy the victory!!!

monkey9 wrote: »
    You support Chelsea so you're obviously gonna defend him, fair enough. He's quality, that's not in doubt. But as someone pointed out, today he pretends he's injured and then as soon as he's sees a chance he's sprinting! Diving is one thing, but what's with all this rolling around and limping and going off for treatment in every match and rolling on and off pitches??
    Look, i just don't respect him. He has great talent, but is an absolute joke. I don't wanna get into this cos you're not gonna change my opinion on him and i'm sure i won't change yours. And sure what's the point, your team won the FA Cup today!!
    Well done to Chelsea to enjoy the victory!!!
    Don't want to change your opinion of him, couldn't care less. You could at least admit he deserves a medal when he plainly does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

honestly, apart from the early goal obviously, that went exactly how i thought it would go. the difference in class was there for all to see.

everton were organised and hard working, but they just could not get the ball off chelsea for most of that game. Hibbert had a nightmare against a revitalised malouda. i also thought anelka had a great game.

lescott, contrary to many reports i've seen, had a stormer i thought apart from the goal. drogba was muscled out of it constantly.

saha too was impressive, and had a couple of sniffs that if converted would have given chelsea a hell of a challenge.

of all the chelsea players to the score the winner, i'm delighted it was frank. really because i don't really like any of the others ;)

congrats chelsea, hard luck everton, and particular comisserations to moyes. you just didn't have enough quality in the end. chelsea's quality all around the field was just too much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭bullpost

Everton fan here, good game and congrats to chelsea.

Your day will come. Been a Chelsea fan long enough to know that.

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

I hope we don't have to look at Drogba's disgusting antics in next seasons premiership.

CHD wrote: »
    Don't want to change your opinion of him, couldn't care less. You could at least admit he deserves a medal when he plainly does.

Ok, i admit it. As part of a squad that has won the F.A Cup today, Didier Drogba deserves a medal.
    But, as i said, it's a pity that the cheating, cowardly, absolute joke of a 'professional' player has to get one.

• Advertisement

bullpost wrote: »
    Your day will come. Been a Chelsea fan long enough to know that.

Cheers.

Indeed, it's only a matter of time before a billionaire buys you a plastic history!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

We bought a history? When the hell did this happen? Whose did we buy?

selpher wrote: »
    We bought a history? When the hell did this happen? Whose did we buy?

Sarcasm, i suppose it's got it's place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭ciaran76

congrats to chelsea hope you lads have a great night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Congrats to Chelsea. Agree with the Drogba comments too.

• Advertisement

Ronaldo shouldn't get a PL medal cause he dives.
    Gerrard shouldn't get a, hold on they won nothing. Well if they did he shouldn't get a medal because he beat up someone outside a club.

Sounds stupid doesn't it. Just like the Drogba comments. Yes he's a bit much at times but he fully deserves his medal. He has scored in the Final, Semi ( Winner ) and the Quarter Final. He fully deserves a medal for that. He has a great record in English finals.

Saying he does not deserve a medal is ridiculous. You don't like him so by all means bitch about him but agreeing he doesn't deserve a medal makes you look stupid imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,424 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Im surprised to learn I saw this on just an hour or two's delay last night. Not that I watch often. But whatever lad made that kick after nearly falling all over the pitch, that was quite good. :o

Yet again, this thread is supposed to be about yesterday's FA Cup Final.

Steven Gerrard was not playing for either team.

If this train of discussion continues I will ensure the thread gets back on topic, by banning ANYONE who continues to drag it off-topic.

How anyone can argue that Drogba does not deserve his medal from yesterday is beyond me.

That said, I also see no problem with a user not liking the fact that he, or any player for that matter, has emerged on the winning side in any game.

There's no rule that says we have to put aside our feelings about an individual just because their team has won a trophy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

How anyone can argue that Drogba does not deserve his medal from yesterday is beyond me.

I wasnt even argueing that, although I'm not sure if CHD was readin mine and monkey9's comments as being from the same poster. He was in the team, they won, thats fair enough. Although had he say, dived and won a peno in the last minute to win a game, I think an arguement could be made.

It's just very frustrating to see cheating and/or cheaters appear to prosper and be celebrated.

Despite all the talk from either the authorities or among fans/pundits, the situation of diving is only going one way, and its depressing for those of us that just want to see footballers playing football, not seeing how many times they can trick te ref into givign them frees/penos or sending opponents off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

People have got sent off in finals for doing worse things than Drogba and still get medals. Don't always get to go up and recieve it but still get one. Even as a Chelsea fan I'm not defending the guy but his negative antics had nothing to do with the out come of yesterdays game.
    In fact that annoys me more. If your gonna dive do it in or around the box. He does it all over the place. And why he rolls around wasting time with a half hour left to play I'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,004 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I though Drogba didn't do much of that yesterday. One of the best players on the pitch imo.

Again its just a case of him being one of the players that people love to hate. He has really annoyed me in the past and recent past at that but to say he was a disgrace or anything close to it yesterday is ridiculous.

If you want to say that then every club has a player thats a disgrace in any particular game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eagle eye wrote: »
    I though Drogba didn't do much of that yesterday. One of the best players on the pitch imo.

i honestly thought lescott had him in his pocket apart from the goal. it's the mark of a great striker, granted, but one of the best players on the pitch yesterday?

i really don't think so.

that being said, just to add my voice to the 'does he deserve it?' strand of this discussion. you're damn right he does. his mere presence adds a few % to Chelsea's play...one of the best producers of big game moments i've seen.

Advertisement