Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fota Wildlife Park C&C

• 28-05-2009 3:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I was in Fota last Saturday on a family day out (visiting my cousins, the monkeys!!). Every so often (when not running after the kids who were running after the animals!!) I got to take a few photos. I much prefer Fota than Dublin Zoo, as I was in Dublin Zoo last year but got no keepers ! (not even a Zoo keeper). In Fota alot of the animals are free, or behind timber fencing and its easy(ish) to get photos.
    Anyway (enough of the cheap jokes), what do ye think of the few I got ?
    /Note: cheetahs are behind a wire mesh.

1. (My personal fav)

D94B4BD898CA4CB1B7AC9933F8873F60-500.jpg

BC07D3BA42F54BA9A4318B600B1A4FE3-500.jpg

3B8271BC8CBD4B18A6235CA626062078-800.jpg

9E2A2914AC4548389109B4F3E917CB5C-500.jpg

821E5F22248142679454F60BE0A7AAC2-500.jpg

1EE818DD2649438B842D260BB5C37764-500.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭pft

Number 2 is the winner for me. I agree with you on fota - great place. Last time I was there I remember walking back to the exit and seeing a the giraffes running up the hill with a blue sky in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭paulusdu

Great stuff as usual Morrisseeee, love the lemurs one, i keep humming "rock the boat" looking at it.
    I might head down there next week weather permitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Never even knew this place existed and after imposing my own ban from Dublin Zoo I might take a trek down to this place sometime over the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Fota is great, I grew up going there at least once a month. Was down there a few weeks ago after not being in a while, it's a very special place. Great photos!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Ballyman

The great weather also helped bring out the best in these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

#2 is the best of the bunch: good focus and colours. 3, 4 and the last one have good potential but are a little on the dark side. Can you fix this in lightroom?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Nice shots. I love number two with the stance and the fence just perfectly out of focus.
    I was down there a month ago myself and I would instantly recommend the place to anyone.
    There are a large amount of animals you can walk amongst which just adds to the openness of the park.
    Not the same animal variety of Dublin Zoo but much better layout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

Jaysus, the place is in Cork!!!
    Never been that far south in my life!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

number one is the best i agree with you. Just so calming/natural/peaceful. Great work although they are all great this one just takes the biscuit. Was there myself two months ago on a rainy day and got loads of keepers that i got good reviews on, would love to get down on a day like the one you were there on. Agree with what most said, special special place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the weather is a must, for any outing really !
    Mmmmm....I wonder if Fota would give commission on advertising !

rgiller:
    but are a little on the dark side. Can you fix this
    Will do. My monitor's brightness might be set too high !

AR:
    Never been that far south in my life!!
    You're most welcome to visit us in Cork boi (note: I'm not a Corkman, but sound like one after spending a few years here), I have a nice little shed out da back for you loike !....but don't blame me if the shed is raided (ahem, by the locals) and your 5D Mk II is missing in the morning loike ! :p

Note: Cobh is quite near Fota, so that could be another reason to visit.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies. Yes, the weather is a must, for any outing really !
    Mmmmm....I wonder if Fota would give commission on advertising !

rgiller:
    Will do. My monitor's brightness might be set too high !

AR:
    You're most welcome to visit us in Cork boi (note: I'm not a Corkman, but sound like one after spending a few years here), I have a nice little shed out da back for you loike !....but don't blame me if the shed is raided (ahem, by the locals) and your 5D Mk II is missing in the morning loike ! :p

Note: Cobh is quite near Fota, so that could be another reason to visit.

For some reason I was convinced you were from Wexford..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭TheNorthBank

Love the Cheetah one. All good, a great set.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭Brndn

Number 1 is class, nice set. Fota is such a great spot :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

They are great shots! I went to Fota earlier in the year had good fun!
    Shot one is very nice! As is 2, I remember the Tigers were hard to get because of the fence, here you've done a great job!
    3 is my favorite, like the way they are all in a line resting on each other, the 2nd one from the right has its paw around its buddy!
    4 is nice, that guy snaps if you come too close you know :)
    6 is a great shot of the Fota scene, it looks like the Kangaroo place right?

Love all the shots! There fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭trilo

The lemur photo is great :)
    They are my favourite.

Totally agree about Fota being better than Dublin Zoo, i was in Dublin Zoo two weeks ago and felt it was way to caged in. I took some photos of the lemur's there but didn't like them because they were behind all the wire. :(

Advertisement