Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Req] Do Travellers use Tourist Designated Motorhome Parks?

• 28-05-2009 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I’m presently researching to buy a motorhome. As motorhome holidays have strong similarities to a travellers way of life, does it ever happen that they actually stop off at Irish tourist designated motorhome parks? If yes, is it common or is it a rare occurrence? Also if yes, do they arrive individually or in large numbers?

All help appreciated. Thanks in Advance for all Responses.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I think you will find that a campsite usually is open to all who are

- willing to pay the fee
    - willing to abide by the site rules

and that's the way it should be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

That's the beauty of motor-caravaning, you get to meet all sorts. We parked beside a couple of travelling families in a site in Dungarvan a couple of years ago and had a great time chatting and swapping stories.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 MABLACK

Yes and Ive got run out of Bundoran along with them so I got a taste of how that feels for them - not very nice I can tell you.
    Did you not buy that campervan yet I thought youd be half way round France by now searching for Ryanair airports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

FrCrilly wrote: »
    Hi All,

I’m presently researching to buy a motorhome. As motorhome holidays have strong similarities to a travellers way of life, does it ever happen that they actually stop off at Irish tourist designated motorhome parks? If yes, is it common or is it a rare occurrence? Also if yes, do they arrive individually or in large numbers?

All help appreciated. Thanks in Advance for all Responses.

It can happen but not too often I would say as they are more into wild camping!!

Advertisement