Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will I wear to River Island Interview

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

They should bring back the shirts. That way you can actually wear an outfit and look nice under it.

They still have shirts but we have to keep them buttoned up:mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Thats cos they dont want to give a staff uniform discount like topshop do. 2 pairs of jeans like...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Cookie Jar wrote: »
    They still have shirts but we have to keep them buttoned up:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I remember when I moved store and they kept telling me I had to button up my shirt. I was like, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!". In Newbridge, we didn't even have to wear jeans, we were allowed to wear leggings and stuff. I hate this whole shirt buttoning stuff, the state of them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Mac14

jagabomb wrote: »
    ya i've got an interview for the new river island in cork tomorrow :-/ kinda scared but im just going to be myself if they don't hire me its their loss :P

its opening around the 24th november i think... I CAN'T WAIT!! whether i work there or not

btw im gonna wear a long white shirt with a black waistbelt and leggings.
    cant decide whether to wear heels or pumps...what do ye think??

Well done with getting the job. I was just wondering how did you go about applying for it, Thanks

Novella wrote: »
    I remember when I moved store and they kept telling me I had to button up my shirt. I was like, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!". In Newbridge, we didn't even have to wear jeans, we were allowed to wear leggings and stuff. I hate this whole shirt buttoning stuff, the state of them!

I know!! We used to cut up our shirts and everything:( Damn these new rules!
    We can only choose from like 4 pairs of jeans... no converse... have to wear make up... no runners... having a laugh like!!
    Mac14 wrote: »
    Well done with getting the job. I was just wondering how did you go about applying for it, Thanks

Go to riverisland.com
    You can apply there if there is any positions left!

They also have those application forms in store sometimes. Cant wear converse? Thats a joke. I get the no runners though. Hardly the look theyre going for. But converse are always in at least one trend every season. Yeah when I was in liffey valley they didnt really care. In grafton st the manager let us buy skirts on discount for a while, but then they decided they didnt like the look anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

Speaking from experience, male or female, stockroom is where you wanna be in RI. Great comraderie doing deliveries together, easy pulling replenishment reports every 15-30mins, don't have to deal with annoying customers too, and always overstaffed around christmas so not that much work to do either :D

I always liked working in the stockrooms, so much more craic. The one in liffey valley was inhuman till they got the airconditioning fixed though!

I know!! We used to cut up our shirts and everything:( Damn these new rules!
    We can only choose from like 4 pairs of jeans... no converse... have to wear make up... no runners... having a laugh like!!

Go to riverisland.com
    You can apply there if there is any positions left!

Yeah, same! I was buying work jeans a while ago and everything I picked was, "No, they have rips and you can see skin", "No, they're too light" etc. Basically we're allowed dark and skinny! Great, I can add to my collection! I only have 50 fcuking pairs of dark skinnies already! :rolleyes:

No Uggs or any branded footwear! Our new thing is we're supposed to wear either a plain black or white RI vest under our shirt!

There are a few positions on the website, I was having a look the other night! :)

• Advertisement

Speaking from experience, male or female, stockroom is where you wanna be in RI. Great comraderie doing deliveries together, easy pulling replenishment reports every 15-30mins, don't have to deal with annoying customers too, and always overstaffed around christmas so not that much work to do either :D

Pretty much... but when replen is big its pretty hard work!!!
    Yeah, same! I was buying work jeans a while ago and everything I picked was, "No, they have rips and you can see skin", "No, they're too light" etc. Basically we're allowed dark and skinny! Great, I can add to my collection! I only have 50 fcuking pairs of dark skinnies already! :rolleyes:

No Uggs or any branded footwear! Our new thing is we're supposed to wear either a plain black or white RI vest under our shirt!

There are a few positions on the website, I was having a look the other night! :)

We are allowed dark but not too dark wtf?????
    Oh.. we do not have that over here.
    I really hate the way they "check" your uniform before you start your shift.
    Basically looking you up and down and commenting on your clothes or make up.. not a good start to your shift!!!

We are allowed dark but not too dark wtf?????
    Oh.. we do not have that over here.
    I really hate the way they "check" your uniform before you start your shift.
    Basically looking you up and down and commenting on your clothes or make up.. not a good start to your shift!!!

We better stop this bitching before we put everyone off applying for a job in RI! :pac: Or get caught by our managers and get a disciplinary! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 269 ✭✭sisco

Hello
    sorry annoying people again but I had me induction day that was grand!!
    now I have training on Friday and Saturday for 4 hours each day....
    I am sales assistant in menswear so what will the training entail??
    What jeans will I wear to?? They said they would be giving us our t-shirts when we get there...
    Also I have to get me workwear jeans they said we get 75% off but how do I get the money of do i go to the shop and buy them then go to my shop when it opens with the receipt to get me money back??

thanks
    regards
    sam

sisco wrote: »
    Hello
    sorry annoying people again but I had me induction day that was grand!!
    now I have training on Friday and Saturday for 4 hours each day....
    I am sales assistant in menswear so what will the training entail??
    What jeans will I wear to?? They said they would be giving us our t-shirts when we get there...
    Also I have to get me workwear jeans they said we get 75% off but how do I get the money of do i go to the shop and buy them then go to my shop when it opens with the receipt to get me money back??

thanks
    regards
    sam

Training will be till training if you are on cash desk. Profit protection for fitting rooms and sales floor in general. It won't be anything other than common sense really for a sales assistant, just what to say to customers etc.

Are you talking about the new Navan store or the new Cork store?

When I first started working in RI, I started in a store that was already open so had no problem buying work jeans. I moved to a store which wasn't already then and we were allowed purchase jeans before the store opened. Are you not helping to fit out the store, no? If the shop isn't already open on Friday and Saturday when you are training, I presume you'll be able to buy jeans then.

If not, yeah, you can buy jeans full price in another River Island branch and then bring the receipt and the tags from the jeans to your own store and you will be refunded.

If you're gonna be working in Navan, when is it opening?! :)

Training will be till training if you are on cash desk. Profit protection for fitting rooms and sales floor in general. It won't be anything other than common sense really for a sales assistant, just what to say to customers etc.

Are you talking about the new Navan store or the new Cork store?

When I first started working in RI, I started in a store that was already open so had no problem buying work jeans. I moved to a store which wasn't already then and we were allowed purchase jeans before the store opened. Are you not helping to fit out the store, no? If the shop isn't already open on Friday and Saturday when you are training, I presume you'll be able to buy jeans then.

If not, yeah, you can buy jeans full price in another River Island branch and then bring the receipt and the tags from the jeans to your own store and you will be refunded.

If you're gonna be working in Navan, when is it opening?! :)

Its opening 14 November haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Cookie Jar and Novella, would you mind taking the rest of the conversation to PM please? Thanks. :)

(Posts relating to above deleted.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jagabomb

had my induction day looking forward to starting now. i'm working tomorrow 5till9 and sat 2till6. going to be on the cash desk in menswear :D:D should i be happy?? i think i am tbh i told yerone i wanted to work in menswear so hopefully ill like it. Volunteered to do a 12hour shift before the new store opens up just setting it up and that...figured it would be a good way to get to know people. Hopefully i wont kick myself for it:D:D anyway ill let ye know how i get on in the store :D

Never evr got back to this i got me job after all haha!!
    is all going very well now been very busy christmas was mad so happy with how things are going!!
    been very fast 3 months

Mod Edit: Fixed yer forn for ya

Advertisement