Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight Night Round 4

• 28-05-2009 4:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭

The demo is out on marketplace.What are your thoughts on it?I haven't got a chance to play it yet, but i loved FNR3 so i'd say im gonna like this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Just downloading it now. Loved FN3 so I'm sure this will deliver.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

...well ??? :pac:

previews seemed very promising.

wont have a chance to get it myself until monday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

didn't even know the demo was out! Huge fight night 3 fan so I have high hopes for this. Downloading right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Just played as Hatton twice there, lost on points both times, should've won the second one. :P I actually knocked Pacquaio after the bell at the very end Goddamnit. :P Seems like a lot of fun, much prefer it to the UFC demo anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I was such a huge Fight Night Round 3 fan, but i dont really like this one as much.

The control system has changed slightly, that should not have happened. The fighters cannot be knocked down, i was playing a mate and had him "reeling" 4 times but no knockdown, i have played 6 bouts and all 6 have gone to judges decision. The new cut-man thing is crap, assigning points? Much better in Round 3.

I would be of the opinion that UFC is far more enjoyable, but i dont want to compare those games because MMA and Boxing are totally different.

What i will say is, based on the demo, i liked Fight Night Round 3 ALOT more. I might still get this game, as a boxing fan, but when i played the Round 3 demo i was pining for the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    I was such a huge Fight Night Round 3 fan, but i dont really like this one as much.

The control system has changed slightly, that should not have happened. The fighters cannot be knocked down, i was playing a mate and had him "reeling" 4 times but no knockdown, i have played 6 bouts and all 6 have gone to judges decision. The new cut-man thing is crap, assigning points? Much better in Round 3.

I would be of the opinion that UFC is far more enjoyable, but i dont want to compare those games because MMA and Boxing are totally different.

What i will say is, based on the demo, i liked Fight Night Round 3 ALOT more. I might still get this game, as a boxing fan, but when i played the Round 3 demo i was pining for the game.
    I'm crap at pretty much every game ever, but I still managed to floor Pacquaio a couple of times, so it's definitely possible.

Can't say I love the the corner thing.

Graphics-wise it's excellent, the sync between head movement and being hit in the replays is a little off, though it's a lot better than UFC's replays with punches nowhere near landing.

Didn't think I'd be interested in this game but I'll definitely be considering buying it when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Played the demo for about an hour last night. At first I didn't like it but it began to grow on me. There are some changes to the control scheme from 3 that I'm on the fence about but then having played this I'm chuffed that they ditched the parry system which was just a pain. I never lost a fight in all that I played but I did draw a few. I found it very difficult to knock the guy out. Managed to get him reeling a good few times but could never capitalise. Towards the end of playing I was ducking and dodging alot more which led to powerful counterpunches which in turn earned me my first knockdown. Battering away at the guy for 3 mins seems to get you nowhere and blocking and counter punching seems to be the key rather than the brute force you could use in 3.

I'm liking it alot so far and am looking forward to dipping into the demo again this evening for a few more rounds to hopefully secure a few more knockdowns and get the control scheme nailed. Looking like a defo purchase for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,980 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Haven't played it but one thing that is really upsetting me(especially as it wasn't bad in the previous games) is how the fighters look.

Almost all the fighters who aren't heavyweights appear fat.
    Even really thin or lean fighters such as Pavlik or Corrales.

Amin Asikainen doesn't even look the same race nevermind looking even remotely close in any other way.

I reckon with the introduction of Tyson(which was a huge thing for this years game), the return of Lewis, and the Tyson-Ali cover they focused the models a lot on heavyweights and all the other fighters look crap now as a result.
    I mean every single fighter who isn't a heavyweight looks wrong......:(

I'll be getting the game anyway, I hope the gameplay and new career mode makes up for that major flaw. It'll be interesting what fighters become available as downloadable content aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

I played a few matches today and i was Pacquiao for most of them.I just kept throwing haymaker uppercuts and hooks at hatton and i kept flooring him.I mostly had to knock him three times before i got the 10 count but sometimes i only had to knock him twice.Overall i enjoyed it and i will be getting it when its out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭helios12

This is going to be great! I'm hoping we will see a tournament of some sort organised some time after launch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I reckon this thread would be more appropriate in the Fighting Games section now that it's made - sent off a thread report (apologies if this is a misuse of the button but in another thread I just posted a reply and the thread never ended up getting moved).

Looking forward to this, thought FN3 was great fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Onearmedbandit

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I too was a FN3 fan and this control system just feels a lot more finicky and not as fluid. Plus the punches sound like you are bursting bubble wrap.

On the flip side the fighters look very good and any addition to the career mode would be great.

Advertisement