Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using a 3g connection to make a wireless network

Options
  • 28-05-2009 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Hi, I am having trouble getting broadband through my home phone so have resorted to using a mobile Internet connection. I have heard that I can use a 3g router and create a network that way, but most of the the wireless router that have this only have g capacity and I'm looking for n capability.

Can someone recommend a router with 3g usage and n+ wireless also or is it possible to route the 3g router on to another wireless router to boost the signal.

Thanks in advance.

Neil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭bushy...

If the 3g router has an ethernet ( LAN ) socket on the back , there's no reasong why you can't run a cable from it to other stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 meilrichardquin

It's the edimax 6200 which has LAN also. So it would be just a matter of plugging in and the second router would also broadast the signal?

Neil

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

It's the edimax 6200 which has LAN also. So it would be just a matter of plugging in and the second router would also broadast the signal?

Neil
    That Edimax can take a 3G USB modem and broadcast it wirelessly.

3G-6200Wg-081117.jpg

Advertisement