Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio One's Live Lounge

Options
  • 28-05-2009 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭

I love this radio show, does anyone else listen?

My favourite thing about the show is when bands come in and do surprise cover versions. Some of them have been fantastic.

A song can be completely muck, then someone else comes along, puts a different spin and it and the song is instantly enjoyable.

I think this version of 'When You were Young' is ten times better than the original version by The Killers.

I'm not a fan of Duffy, but this was totally unexpected imo.

Anyway, anyone who is not familiar with Live Lounge, have a flick around YouTube, it's well worth it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Same As

Love this stuff - Nice for a change to the monotony some times!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Radio 1 had Duffy on, and put a video on YouTube ??? :eek:

Crikey, they're getting more with it than Pat Kenny & Joe Duffy would imply.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

The only downside to the live lounge is Whiley herself. I love her taste in music and her appetitie for new tracks and bands, but I can't stand listening to her pontificating on [whatever] going on about facebook/twitter ad nauseum, especially the last year or so.
    I suppose that's a trap that all popular DJs can fall in to...still the only thing I listen to between 10 and 1 though (if I'm within receiving range) so I shouldn't really give out...at least it's not Sarah Cox...

As for the live lounge itself? Loved the time Elbow covered Amerie's "It's just one thing" (after their previous version of Destiny's Child's "Independent Woman")...comedy gold.
    Loads of other things I can't recall...fully agree with the OP; artists can come along and make a track you don't rate into something new, different and likable. It's rarely that it goes the other way. Al,ways enjoy trying to guess what a band will cover.

[edit] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gf-tx3JeDog

Found it. I still lol when I hear this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Have the 3 albums.

The Automatics 'Golddigger' is good.

The Fray - Hips dont lie

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭culchienator

This is just friggin' hilarious...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 804 ✭✭✭yerayeah

This is just friggin' hilarious...

What about The Script doing Eminem!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭niallon

This one was a pleasant surprise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Pendulums cover of Violet Hill by Coldplay wins hands down.

Advertisement