Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I should have left the credit card at home" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭cheerspal

Hardly breaking the bank.

How much?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

cheerspal wrote: »

How much?

Money is relative

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

cheerspal wrote: »

How much?

Well check out Mr.Money bags

La De daa...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,538 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Technically I did leave the card at home, but added to my Bryton family thanks to Sports pursuit. Might have to move the 50 on as it uses a different mount to the other 3. Used the leap card for scale, then proceeded to leave it behind when going for bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭astraj

Weepsie wrote: »
    Technically I did leave the card at home, but added to my /y2p3htjJiRwig5YHb1M_mesptABzaomK70hB6V6nvCxVEyj6wtqxRsyqRqnf0UCemGCF5y9H7OnlHvpkLVAwjlq20xfjvy0pvUm6G2gwvBRv4k/IMG_20150316_104438_490-1.jpg?psid=1"]Bryton family[/URL] thanks to Sports pursuit. Might have to move the 50 on as it uses a different mount to the other 3. Used the leap card for scale, then proceeded to leave it behind when going for bus.

How many monies would the 50 cost??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I splurged recently on a full Ultegra 6800 groupset, FSA BB30 adaptor sleeve, Campag Zonda wheels (I know I know campag and Shimano on the same bike!!!) Michelin Pro4 SC tyres and latex tubes. Now the only original part of my bike is the frame set. I actually had bought and received the 5800 groupset but kept thinking if I fit it I'm always going to regret not going for the 6800 and so bought 6800 and sent back the 5800. I really love the bike/frame and so my way of looking at it is that I have future proofed it for the next few years at least and will have no need to buy a new bike anytime soon even though I'm entitled to the BTW scheme next January but thinking I might get a MTB for all the forestry trails and paths around me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Got these
    105612-1.jpg

With these
    zoom_723d2a04443546949fb8fcb8654c7934.jpg

That's the credit card plundered for the month.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

Got these and can't wait to try them out

IMG-20150325-WA0013.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Buzwaldo

Look what came today. My fourth bike but the first new one.
    Need a dry day now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

very nice, funky looking seat post

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Need a dry day now.

Close up of the seat post pease.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Buzwaldo wrote: »
    Need a dry day now.

Whats the gear ratio on display? look like you could climb walls on that.

Close up of the seat post pease.

I am actually still undecided on this, but went for it anyway. Hope I don't grow to hate it.
    Canyon VCLS 2.0 -'leaf-spring technology'

Inquitus wrote: »
    Whats the gear ratio on display? look like you could climb walls on that.

11-32 came as standard. Also ordered a 12-26 which Canyon kindly sent me two of.
    Think I'll mothball the 11-32 until I treat my self to an alpine trip. (Marmotte 2016 anyone?)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Looks like I've created myself a project. A few separate "investments" here:

343382.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

what is the surly item beasty?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,477 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

lennymc wrote: »
    what is the surly item beasty?
    lockring for the track cog

• Registered Users Posts: 13,761 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Beasty wrote: »
    lockring for the track cog

Whats in the Garmin box? Vectors?

Inquitus wrote: »
    Whats in the Garmin box? Vectors?
    Yep - that's because the SRM's already on the other track bike!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

343382.jpg

Looking forward to an updated boards fleet post

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

like the 3t bars, have a pair of aura's on my tri bike. well wear beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭colm_gti

343382.jpg

But but but....its not a cervelo?

colm_gti wrote: »
    But but but....its not a cervelo?

I'm branching out - actually I've more non-Cervelos than Cervelos and that's my second Dolan.

The benefit over the T3 is the headtube is about 2.5cm shorter allowing me to experiment with a lower position.

Conservative guesstimate of 5k+ there. Nice little project. I'm guessing the injuries have healed. Looking forward to seeing the new fleet pictures.

As Colm said how come the move away from Cervélo?

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    Conservative guesstimate of 5k+ there. Nice little project. I'm guessing the injuries have healed. Looking forward to seeing the new fleet pictures.

As Colm said how come the move away from Cervélo?
    Getting warm if you are talking sterling!

Mentioned already about the potential to get lower. This will be my pursuit/TT bike (and spare for other stuff as the other Dolan resides at Manchester velodrome)

On the injuries front I am finally feeling a bit more "normal" but still need to race in anger. Plan was to go in next week's "slow" vets race to find my feet but that must be in serious doubt now and it may be the Sundrive track league when I return at this rate.

Ouch!!

I don't know how you race such expensive bikes. Clearly you have mucho deniro but even still I'd be spending the entire rave thinking if I bin this it's gonna be pricey let alone the thoughts of the potential injuries which you know all to well.

Crazy talk I know :)

Well wear hopefully she brings you luck. Once built up it will certainly look like you mean business.

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    I don't know how you race such expensive bikes.
    Only ever crashed one in a race and it only suffered some scuffed bartape ....

In this case the chances of crashing when in a track TT or pursuit are going to be very low. Having said that those bars are only 30cm wide and I've never gone narrower than 40cm before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Can I have a go of the P5 when Im older?

Zyzz wrote: »
    Can I have a go of the P5 when Im older?

Not a cat in hell's chance

Drop me a PM in another 20 years or so....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭Zyzz

Not a cat in hell's chance

Drop me a PM in another 20 years or so....

on the trainer* :P

Advertisement