Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

heineken cans €29.99

• 28-05-2009 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

in supervalu untill monday june 1st
    24 cans (500ml)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Bodisgod

Cheers mate, might as well stock up, there's bbq weather on the way!!:):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

This is a bargain in what way exactly??
    A real one would be the 24 cans of same I got for €17 up north a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,396 ✭✭✭lindtee

anbrutog wrote: »

FFS, some of us live far, far away from the North.....why does this come up time and time again when someone posts a bargain?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

anbrutog,
    Keep the "it's cheaper up north" crap to the sub forum.
    A real one would be the 24 cans f same I got for 17 up north a few weeks ago.

lindtee wrote: »
    FFS, some of us live far, far away from the North.....why does this come up time and time again when someone posts a bargain?

Exactly, super valu's across the road, the North's not:D
    It's a crackin deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Well Tesco are selling Heineken cans for €1.99 each, it works out €1.25 each with the ops deal. Not everyone can go to the north;)

Just back from Supervalu in Tralee picked up a slab, they had around 20left. Cheers op.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

do_not_feed_trolls.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

nice one, thanks op. heading to supervalu in a few mins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

super value carrick on shannon still doing 12 pack corona for 12 snots anyone who can get up north asda have 15 bottles of bud/coors light for £7 :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

for anyone near a carry out off licence they are selling 18 bottles of heineken for €15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭anbrutog

BOFH_139 wrote: »
    anbrutog,
    Keep the "it's cheaper up north" crap to the sub forum.

*SIGH*

Knew I'd get some response like this. Fantastic , point out a genuine inadequecy in an arguement and get accused of trolling. Yeah of course theres people who can't go up North etc, I used that example to illustrate that its hardly a bargain. Oh that and the fact that I know of at least two offo's selling cheaper or the same price as above. PM for details ( seeing as I'm such a troll I dont want to spoil this thread )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

*SIGH*

Knew I'd get some response like this. Fantastic , point out a genuine inadequecy in an arguement and get accused of trolling. Yeah of course theres people who can't go up North etc, I used that example to illustrate that its hardly a bargain. Oh that and the fact that I know of at least two offo's selling cheaper or the same price as above. PM for details ( seeing as I'm such a troll I dont want to spoil this thread )

Look we all know the north is cheaper for beer. What do you want us to do-preface every beer thread with 'This isn't quite a bargain cause its cheaper in the North but I thought Id share anyway'?

If you were on here any longer than 13 posts you'd realise the 'Nordie Argument' its been done to death and people are sick of it.

And behaving like a spoilt child and not posting your counter offer just smacks of immaturity....n00b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭acalmenvoy

*SIGH*

Why didnt you post the cheaper places instead of jumping on the OP.

This is a genuine bargain afaik, I love the Heiniken and in my usual places I can't get a slab for less than 40 yos. On to supervalue early today...:D

Thanx OP...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

RATM wrote: »
    Look we all know the north is cheaper for beer. What do you want us to do-preface every beer thread with 'This isn't quite a bargain cause its cheaper in the North but I thought Id share anyway'?

If you were on here any longer than 13 posts you'd realise the 'Nordie Argument' its been done to death and people are sick of it.

And behaving like a spoilt child and not posting your counter offer just smacks of immaturity....n00b

couldnt have said it better myself ,

nice one op , will pass it onto the bro so he can get some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭Doodah7

It's a shame that beer + can = ugh...

Good bargain alert all the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭pyramuid man

Well for me to go to the north would cost me about 30 - 40€ in petrol so the slab would cost at least €47. So I think I will save my €17 euro and the day it would take to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You were done, its much cheaper in Holland, only an hour or so away on the plane :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

tallpaul wrote: »
    It's a shame that beer + can = ugh...

Good bargain alert all the same.

You'll be needing the 18 bottles of Carlsberg Export in Tesco for €9.99 so! ;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

in supervalu untill monday june 1st
    24 cans (500ml)

Was in supervalu today and no sign of this. They has bottles 24 for €24 or cans 8 for €12.99

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

Davy wrote: »
    Was in supervalu today and no sign of this. They has bottles 24 for €24 or cans 8 for €12.99

Offer stands in supervalu Tallaght

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Davy wrote: »

Why would you be even looking, when yesterday you were claiming that you could get 15 cans of Carlsberg for £5 in ASDA? :rolleyes:

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭aido 1976

aido 1976 wrote: »
    Offer stands in supervalu Tallaght

I have just being reliably informed, Centra are doing the same deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Do-more wrote: »
    Why would you be even looking, when yesterday you were claiming that you could get 15 cans of Carlsberg for £5 in ASDA? :rolleyes:

Because im not near an asda and i drank all the export cans already ;)

and its a fact,, i will find the receipt if you want proof :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Ya nationwide I would say. My local Centra has a stock of them, as far as I know supervalu stock Centras.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Vain wrote: »
    Ya nationwide I would say. My local Centra has a stock of them, as far as I know supervalu stock Centras.

Your right, both are part of the Musgrave group.

You saved me a drive, I'll check my local anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

Centra I went to didn't have them, €2.25 a pop.

Went to supervalu and got em ok.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Our local centra had the same deal today (Leitrim)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

While I don't agree the attempted hi-jacking of this thread, the 5% Heineken on sale in NI is far superior to the 4.3% stuff available here. Not because of the extra strength but because it's more reliable (has a head all the time, 4.3 rarely has) and tastier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭daftdave

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    While I don't agree the attempted hi-jacking of this thread, the 5% Heineken on sale in NI is far superior to the 4.3% stuff available here. Not because of the extra strength but because it's more reliable (has a head all the time, 4.3 rarely has) and tastier.

just get a pint glass with a sandblast spot in the end of it and bingo , head all the time , on the beer that is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    5% Heineken on sale in NI is far superior to the 4.3% stuff available here.
    5% can be got more easily these days. Dunnes often have both alongside each other in cans, but rarely point out the difference, both are usually the same price, the 5% usually has more green on the can. In off licences and pubs look for bottles with paper labels, these are usually the 5% imported ones.

Even if a little dearer they might be cheaper on a % basis. AFAIK the 4.3 and 5% are the same recipe, they just dilute the 4.3% with more water. In fact many beers, including Guinness draft, are brewed to a higher % and then diluted down with water.

At home wash your glasses very well, any oils or left over detergents can totally ruin the head. If they were washed in a dishwasher I would rinse them with hot water a few times, and then cold to get rid of any residual detergents.

daftdave wrote: »
    just get a pint glass with a sandblast spot in the end of it and bingo , head all the time , on the beer that is

Where can ya get pint glasses with a sandblast spot? Having fierce problems gettin head these days, with my beer that is!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

Thanks for the tips rubadub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Bodisgod wrote: »
    Where can ya get pint glasses with a sandblast spot? Having fierce problems gettin head these days, with my beer that is!:D

Your local of course....:D

I have a selection of Carlsberg, Heineken, Bud and Harp ones and a nice Stella 400cl one which I think I got free on an in-shop promotion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

still plenty of these in supervalu on the skehard road in cork!! they made me panic buy as it said "while stocks last" although the offer should be on till monday

and nobody in their right mind is going to drive from cork to the north to buy beer a bit cheaper,so it is a brilliant offer:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭The Maverick

No sign of this at all in Ashbourne Supervalu.Instead all I saw was 24 bottles for €29.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,949 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Got this deal out in supervalu/donabate yesterday ,thanks for posting the offer.

Advertisement