Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Commuting to Parkwest from City Center

• 28-05-2009 6:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anyone could tell me which is the quickest commute from the city centre to Parkwest as I have to be out there for early tomorrow morning.

Would I be better getting the luas, the private bus from the Quays or Dublin bus?

Leaning towards the private bus as it goes direct, can anyone tell me how long the average journey is?

Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

prob private bus, depending on exactly where in parkwest it's quite the trek from the luas stop..

if it is early, early eg before 8, you'll fly out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Yeah have to be out for 9. Only ever gone that way once in the middle of the day on a Friday so wasn't too sure if it'll take that same time.

Don't suppose you know where the private bus drops you off in the campus do you? Had a look on the site but it just says ParkWest..

e: Looked at the site again and it says the Plaza. Assuming that's the Hotel up near the apartments in the northwest corner of this map? http://www.parkwest.ie/location.html

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

the plaza is where the shops and gym is , basically most of the offices are on the left and those blue and green buildings on the right are around the 'plaza'. 9 isn't a great time as it gets pretty busy around there from 8.30 on or so but I presume the private bus is scheduled to get people there for work so you should be grand..

Cheers you've been a great help. I'll try get the bus from the quays for about 7.45 so.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

Brimmy wrote: »
    Cheers you've been a great help. I'll try get the bus from the quays for about 7.45 so.

Thanks again :)

You could end up very disappointed if you're trying to get the private bus :)

Timetable here: http://www.amconline.ie/routedetails.asp?a=timetable&id=4

• Advertisement

Haha hence the "about" ;)

7.30 it is then. I assume the 8 would get me in for 9 but best to play it safe.

Do I get it from directly outside the USIT building does anyone know?

And I realize everyone is probably in bed who has work tomorrow...balls. I'll just walk up and down the quays till I see it in the morning so :D

Advertisement