Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money transfer options?

Options
  • 28-05-2009 6:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm best man and trying to organise stag w.end away in Newcastle. The groom and all his mates are in Manchester and i'm here in Ireland so I don't want to fork out all the money for the stag for guys I've never met etc...ye know the story.

so I was saying to them that the best way would be for them to give the money to one guy and for him to transfer it over to my account with BOI.

What options are there regarding the above? Which way would be the handiest? Also, will there be a huge fee to pay for transferring the money over? it will be in the region of £700?

Any help will be appreciated guys/girls.

Regards,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Shouldn't be a huge fee - but a BIC/IBAN transfer from UK - any Euro country can cost from £9.50 up to £20+ depending on the bank (and they're just fees I've seen - could be less or more). Really whoever is transferring needs to check with their bank to find out for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Four of a kind

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Shouldn't be a huge fee - but a BIC/IBAN transfer from UK - any Euro country can cost from £9.50 up to £20+ depending on the bank (and they're just fees I've seen - could be less or more). Really whoever is transferring needs to check with their bank to find out for sure.

Thank you. Its just I don't want to have to pay for everyone, and then lads that I've never met may end up not going and i'm left with the bill.

Advertisement