Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone change of Sim ownership

• 28-05-2009 6:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭

guys i bought a sim card from someone but he has left the country forever. How do i get the sim card changed over to my name. The only problem is i called vodafone and they said he has to contact them. Is there any easier way of doing it.

The sim card hasnt been used for afew months now and when you put it in a phone it says sim card failed otherwise i would have done it online.

Can anyone help? Does anyone here work in Vodafone?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

If the SIM is not in your name then you cannot take ownership of it. There are obvious exceptions with parents / kids, deaths, etc.

Ask your friend to contact Vodafone (they have fax, phone, email, mail) and they will do it then.

This is their procedure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Why would you buy a sim card? Is this so sort of bill pay dodge to avoid having to use your own ID or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭KatCookie

Well my sim is in my brothers name, we shared a phone when we were younger, nothing seriously wrong with that, i would prefer to have it in my name, -mainly because when i lot onto the Vodafone Website, it says "Hello *Brothers Name*"
    Have considered getting it change, but im just too lazy..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Venom wrote: »
    Why would you buy a sim card? Is this so sort of bill pay dodge to avoid having to use your own ID or something?

Correct me if im wrong but would you not have to still provide ID if you were changing names on a bill account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭dunkindonuts

Venom wrote: »

No venom I wouldn't be that stupid, I bought it as it's a very very good golden number. It's very difficult to get and worth alot. That's why I bought it.

Did you never pay for a sim card???

• Advertisement

No venom I wouldn't be that stupid, I bought it as it's a very very good golden number. It's very difficult to get and worth alot. That's why I bought it.

Did you never pay for a sim card???

Got my first sim card (eircell) with phone and you get em free these days. Hate to ask a noob question but whats a golden number?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

This post has been deleted.

Gotcha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Alright OP, you've got your answers and there's really not a lot more to it. Please drop me a PM if something has been missed.

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement