Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Billing Problem

Options
  • 28-05-2009 6:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i signed up for eircoms 3mb broadband bundled with talktime friends in april which should cost €50.11 monthly, in the shop i was told that the connection was free due to an eircom offer and also that i would have to pay for the modem upfront but i would get a credit on my 2nd bill for the amount of €29.99

this has not happened and now when i ring every rep tells a totally different tale! i was told last month that i was due to get the credit on my current bill, i had rang to enquire about a credit that appeared on that bill as i thought it was the "modem credit" but it was too low if it was. the woman i spoke with assured me that the credit on aprils bill was due to the switchover onto the bundle from a normal landline as there was an overlap, and that the other credit for the modem would appear on may's bill:(

i have been told there are no managers available and they will tell me the same etc etc and have sent a complaint email off to eircom billing@eircom but i expect they will take their time replying?

has anyone else had similar billing issues with eircom and do they act quickly to fix their own faults?

tbh if it is a case that i have been mis-sold a product by the local 3g store i will be looking to have this contract voided and get refund for the modem and get my phone and broadband elsewhere!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

No real experience with them myself but if I wasn't having any luck on the phones and I felt that the emails weren't gonna be answered I would write to them.

Send it registered post. Address it to the customer care manager (find out what the name is) and mark it "private + confirdental". Then the usual state your problem, your expected resolution, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,184 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Eircom for some reason cannot amend their bills. (Convienent)

I received some interesting charges on my usual 50 euro bill this month, 2 connection charges a disconnection charge and some other thing, bringing the bill up to €155.

I rang them, took me about 20 minutes of convincing them that they had made a mistake.

Outcome I had to pay the full (wrong) bill and next month the difference will be credited to my account. :eek:

There won't be a sign of anything credited to my account of course and I will have to go chasing again.

I have been dealing with shower for years so it didn't surprise me.

Imagine the scene if I billed one of my clients 3 times more, and I responded oh yeah just pay it and I will get you back next month buddy. Jail?

How can a telecom company that has a monoply hit the wall, one of the reasons is above. Jokers!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

still no reply from eircom billing department not even an acknowledgment of my email!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

foggy_lad wrote: »
    still no reply from eircom billing department not even an acknowledgment of my email!

A lot of companies just don't seem to care about email when its any problematic situation. Just to easy to ignore :mad:

Advertisement