Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

day trip to cork

Options
  • 28-05-2009 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭

just looking for ideas on what to do for the day with the 3 kids there,,remember we are in a ressicion(sp) people:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Fota, Blarney Castle, Supernova Ballincollig...........

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Mr. Gruff

Fota (imho) is brilliant, i'm nineteen and still havent got tired of it, you're kids will love it so long as its sunny. Also, during summer there is fairly often a festival of some sort going on.
    There's a street performance festival coming up on the 13th/14th of June for instance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Mr. Gruff wrote: »
    Fota (imho) is brilliant, i'm nineteen and still havent got tired of it, you're kids will love it so long as its sunny. Also, during summer there is fairly often a festival of some sort going on.
    There's a street performance festival coming up on the 13th/14th of June for instance.
    Man, that place seems to have had a resurgence in popularity with 18 to 20 year olds. Weird. Cool, but weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Fota gets the thumbs up from me too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

This kind of weather is ideal for Fota. Would highly recommend a relaxing day there but bring some food and drinks with you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Fairdues

With three small children I'm not too sure that I would recommend climbing Blarney Castle. I know I did it with a child once and my heart was in my mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

why not do stuff that costs a bit less

i loved fota, blarney etc the last time i was there but it aint cheap.... maybe pick ONE of them and definitely bring a picnic...

Going to the parks, marina, blackrock castle (you pay but it is educational *depending on age of child)

whazon magazine usually has vouchers for some of the places like the butter museum (dont know what its like)....

ummm thats all i have to say so far.... good luck in keeping it cheap and Real! lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

Fota, Blarney Castle, Supernova Ballincollig...........

i totally misread that as 'Supervalu'

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

What is Supernova?

I hear that Fota have installed a feeding run thing for the cheetahs. It's like a cable that they hook meat/food onto and they send it flying at 60mph and the cheetahs chase it down! How class would that be!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,946 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Now that does sound class - I wanna go :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭tantipie

went to Fota island,,had a great day,,weather was gorgeous.Brought a picnic so only ended up buying ice-creams:D,,didnt see that cheetah feeding thing,,i ont think the are would be big enough for that:rolleyes: anyway thanks for the replies guys,,:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Bill-e wrote: »
    What is Supernova?

I hear that Fota have installed a feeding run thing for the cheetahs. It's like a cable that they hook meat/food onto and they send it flying at 60mph and the cheetahs chase it down! How class would that be!

Supernova is one of those an indoor play area for kids. It's got one of those multi-story climbing frame things and slides and things like that. I think it has other facilities too. Through it in to Google and you'll find more info.

There is a similar place called Monkey Maze in Glanmire which I think is better.

Had a picnic last Sunday in the Millstreet Country Park, cost per car is €20 which isn't too bad I suppose. Again, Google it and you can't miss it. It's got plenty of nice walks but not much along the lines for smaller kids. Excellent place for a nice quiet walk and a picnic though, staff there are lovely.

Advertisement