Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running for my life...

Options
  • 28-05-2009 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭

Its been very encouraging reading the various logs here so I figured it was about time I put something up!It might even help me keep disciplined.

Well,I'm a 30 year old male who started running almost two months ago.I was never involved in any sports really - I was always last on the school sports day and so on - so I was really starting from scratch.I live beside the Phoenix Park at the moment so I thought that if I don't start while I''m living here I never will.It was difficult starting off,but I combined short stretches of running with walking,and in the last week I've managed to do 3 5km runs without any stops - which was my initial goal,so I'm delighted.Ran it in 30 minutes exactly today - but I'm not really getting too worked up about time yet.I've also registered for the Adidas 5 mile in the Phoenix Park in July,bit of work to do before that so.

Anyway,so far its been one of the best things I've ever done,the high after a good run is unbelievable.Just wanted to thank everyone here for their inspiring accounts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

Welcome along! Starting a log is a great way to keep motivated and even get a few tips on where to go next...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thanks Xebec!!

Went out on Saturday morning,but really struggled and ended up heading for home earlier than planned - I'm sure it had nothing to do with the post-work pints and Chinese I had on Friday evening.I did 5 km this morning in 30 minutes,happy enough with that,although it was difficult running into a strong breeze on the way back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Lemon

Welcome Benny_Cake!

Like yourself I live beside the Phoenix Park, it is a great running resource :-)

Good luck with your running and your log and I'll see you at the Adidas 5 Mile :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Benny_Cake

Thanks for that Lemon!

Well it was a bit of a slow week.Managed to do something to my lower left leg early last week,probably some form of shin splint.Did a little walking,apart from that tried to rest it.Made it out for a run again yesterday and today,it still hurts a bit so I'm trying to ease my way back into it.Just a matter of keeping at it,I'll get there..

Advertisement